Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
The Villages, Florida
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The staff is extremely friendly & helpful, which is unique to this area (I lived here for a number of years) . The hotel opened very recently & runs efficiently.
There is only valet parking, but in five days, I never waited for my car. Right on the beach with ocean views.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank shirleyvan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Polish first
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 5 May 2014

PRE-CRUISE HOTEL:
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa:
This is a brand new hotel about 15 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale airport right on the beach. Basically they took over the old property and renovated the existing tower, lobby and grounds and built a brand new second tower to match. We were given a standard partial ocean view room for 3 nights. Check in was efficient, you have to valet your car for a $25 a day fee, the bellman took our bags to our room and we were unpacking in less than 10 minutes. It was Thursday, prior to the weekend crush that started happening about 10pm.
The room was gorgeous with new furnishings, a nice very comfortable king bed, wonderful rain shower, extra large bath, mini fridge with nothing in it. Coffee maker, flat screen tv, desk, couch and table. Our balcony was an interior with a view of the courtyard and pool, and beyond that the ocean.
The hotel was very clean, but it appeared they were still doing some touch ups or maintenance on painting and trim.
The two pools and spa were wonderful. They had an outdoor beach bar and café with many attendants and servers eager to help. There was PLENTY OF LOUNGERS… in fact when I talked to the manager Andrew he said they prided themselves on having a lounger for every room in the hotel, and if at any time a guest could not find one, they would personally bring another. Wow! There were shaded areas and sunny areas.
The beach area was clean and well maintained, with a vendor selling rentals of beach chairs, cabanas, kayaks, seadoo’s and more.
Right in front of the hotel there was a children’s play area with a small play boat and tons of sand toys laid out to attract them… however, no children. I felt sad for all the beautifully displayed sand toys without children to play with them. Next to this was a full sized volleyball court. While the beach area itself is not private, it seemed to only have hotel guests and not very many of them on the beach too. You could walk down to the lighthouse or to the pier and then there was a lot more traffic.
The Spa was delightful but small. It had treatment and relaxation rooms, steam and sauna and a men’s and ladies side. They had a very well equipped gym with windows facing the ocean with stair masters and weights, etc.
This Marriott did not have the executive or Club lounge as others did. However it did not have a daily resort fee. They also had a children’s club program with activities and childcare.
Hotel had large amount of conference and event space. While we were staying there were a couple events including a Wedding and reception.
The hotel had what they called three restaurants. It was really one restaurant with three seating areas. Inside more formal and extensive menu. Bar inside and Bar/Pool Patio outside. You could order off of any of the menus in any venue. For breakfast they offered a very extensive buffet for $25 or off the menu. Lunch varied from pool snacks and burgers at the bars to full lunch inside. Dinner was delicious and offered upscale entrees. Everything we ate from omelets, crab benidict, fish and chips, little neck clams and more was very delicious.
However there is a problem this new restaurant needs to fix. Almost every meal we ate, the staff was eagerly greeting and checking on you, however they seemed to not know what each other was doing. For example, one server would greet us and ask us for drinks and then another would do the same in two minutes. Who has which tables? Then you would tell one person you needed something only to have to tell yet another, and then end up with two orange juices. I wouldn’t even comment on this if it didn’t happen almost every time. Our dinner was by far the worst and most disorganized. We were greeted, waited on and put in our drink order and appetizer, then when the appetizer arrived gave our entrée orders. We finished our appetizers and waited and waited. Finally not seeing our server for so long flagged down another waiter. 30 minutes went by and then they tried to bring us someone else’s food. The manager came by and asked how it was going and we explained. She immediately apologized and asked if she could buy us drinks. Finally our food came. We then tried to pay and apparently the computer was down or something, they asked us what we had. We waited another 30 minutes and finally said to them just send the bill to the room and left. We were there for two and half hours when we left. The food was amazing, but apparently the waitress went on break between our appetizer and entrée and our order wasn’t put in.
Every meal… swarms of staff, but always some confusion. I am sure they will work this out.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask to be away from the parking garage and street. The south tower is the newer of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janette J
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Just like many of the other reviews state...beautiful place, we had a great room, but the service was a struggle. Struggle to get linens for pullout, struggle for anyone to take our order for food, and I dont know what the management has against a decent in room coffee service but thw was 1 reg, 1 decaf, and 1 creamer, no stir sticks...a joke and as many people who have complained about that on this sight...youd think the management could at least get that right. I saw several froups bringing in coffee from local starbucks all joking that youre on your own for coffee in this place. Come on!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank travelnowandagain
Resort073113, Director of Rooms at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an Expedia rating.

I would like to investigate these items in more detail. I have listed me contact information below in hope we care able to communicate quickly. Everything I do is aimed to complete guest satisfaction and the highest level of service.

I look forward to speak with you directly.

Sergio Belloni
Director of Rooms
Sergio.belloni@marriott.com
954.944.9522
New York
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very nice room, bathroom, and view of the ocean. However $25 for parking is too much with no other option for parking. With all the complaints I've read on this site about the parking fee, it doesn't get addressed. It's unreasonable and unfair to then be embarrassed by not giving a tip on top of the $25.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank gracemat
North Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I chose this resort for my brothers bachelor party and my birthday weekend. Chris the assistant general manager along with Sara Washburn warmly greeted us in the lobby and set us up with room 800. They both really made us feel welcome at the resort congratulating my brother on getting married and my birthday. Chris even recommended some places we could go out in the area.The room was beautiful and had an amazing balcony and view of the ocean. The property felt very clean and polished. The second day we were there we were able to all get 50 minute swedish massages at the SiSpa where Sheen made us feel extremely at home and relax the whole morning. She was very knowledgeable about the spa and treatments we were getting. The massages were amazing and the spa experience got our day started off perfect. That afternoon we got some drinks at the outside bar by the pool as well as some food. Jennifer the bartender was fantastic! She recommended the fish tacos and chicken club which were both amazing. The beach and pools are incredible. We had a fantastic weekend and really enjoyed this resort!

Room Tip: Room 800 is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryho86
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Beautiful hotel. Nice, clean, spacious rooms. Great views from balcony. Just be aware that your only choice for parking is valet at $25 per day. Breakfast will run you $30 per person, per day. Beach chairs are $15, per chair, per day. Umbrella is $15 per day. And they remove the chairs at 5 so if like me, you enjoy the beach until 7pm, no chairs available. Jackson who manages the beach provides outstanding service. Marriott needs to promote him. He provides outstanding customer service.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lovetravel60763
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The room is very nice, clean and well appointed, bed had nice linens and was comfortable. The public areas are very clean and nice looking, Housekeeping forgot to clean my room the first day I was there, The next day they forgot to clean the floor between bathroom and door. Staff is very nice and pleasant. The pool area and fitness center are not of Resort/Spa quality that one would expect. The Staff by the pool was very good and efficient. I was aware of the valet parking but don't see the need for it, seems to be another profit center that just adds to the cost of staying there, the valets were very pleasant when you tipped but when a tip was not given you could see their disappointment, the restaurant was overpriced for the quality and atmosphere. My credit card was double charged four days after I checked out. Overall I would not recommend this hotel as their are a lot better options in the area for your money. I think the cost of Valet was a real turnoff to the overall stay at this location, I checked out early and went to another resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 557richardd
Resort073113, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the Trip Advisor review. I appreciate the wonderful comments regarding the resort hosts. Everything we do is aimed to provide a great resort experience for all our guests. We will continue to review our procedures regarding housekeeping service to provide a wonderful experience. Our Valet team provides this great service to allow us to park all vehicles here at the resort in tandem which doubles the quantity of vehicles able to be here at the property. I am sorry you had an issue with your credit card. In review of your comment, I have noted the issues has been addressed and resolved.

We appreciate your feedback and your valuable time to share with us. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#15 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor ...
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort, Fort La...
#30 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!