“Clean Ocean-view property”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our overall experience was great. There were a few hiccups to start, but quickly rectified by the Manager Emar. Who I might add saved the trip!
The hotel was beautiful & Clean. We booked our trip through American Airlines Vacations. Id think twice before I did that again . The value was excellent , much less then if we had booked direct. But misleading. They advertise Ocean View with a Double Balcony. On the Marriott website that room is a Suite. That is not what you are getting once you arrive . I did hip Marriott to this and they said they would get it straightened out.
Valet is $25 day with no other choice in parking. Restaurant was very pricey as were the drinks poolside. Most mixed drinks were $10+
I would recommend this hotel based on the views, cleanliness and location .
If you are looking for beautiful walks on the beach & quiet days by the pool. This is for you. Don't look for the nightlife , you will have to drive for that, but it's not far away.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My two night stay was for business and sadly I didn't have time to enjoy most of the amenities. I only have good things to say about my stay however. The room was very spacious, the beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. The staff was probably the friendliest and most helpful of any I have ever dealt with before. Any time you ask for directions to go anywhere in the hotel, they didn't just tell you how to get there, they took you there! I've never experienced that before. I have seen negative comments about the food service but I did not eat in the restaurant, so cannot comment on that. The only thing I did not like about the hotel was being required to valet and being charged $25 per day for parking. I believe it would give patrons a warmer feeling to pay more for the room and have the parking included. I probably just missed reading the fine print somewhere, but that $25 charge caught me completely off guard. Other than that, would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Katrina79
Resort073113, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your “Loved the hotel” review with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our room and staff members. I also understand your comment regarding the valet parking. We do our best to ensure this is communicated at every possible point during the reservation process. I look forward to welcoming you back during future reservations with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

From the minute y arrived to my departure... I felt like royalty.

The staff is very welcoming, and attentive to all your needs; I stay on the 6th floor and the view was spectacular, unfortunately, I couldn't go to the swimming pool or the beach, but just looking at them, I can't wait to come back.
The bar area and the restaurant are very nice, with a modern ambiance and design.

I will rate this hotel a 10!!! Please give my gratitude a to your staff, specially the valet guys for helping us with directions.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Beautiful view and very nice room. Not much going on in immediate area of hotel, need to drive if you want to go out. $25 per day valet charge for parking, and heard they charge for beach chairs. Staff was extremely pleasant and friendly, but food service was so unorganized. Had to ask for silverware and napkins after our food was brought to us (outside), and watched condiments, that needed refrigeration, sitting on unoccupied tables in the sun. Could be great spot if they work on organizing the outside service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TaylorHall, Director Of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Ms. Kelly Green,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out on Trip Advisor. We especially welcome comments, to therefore improve our product and service. I want to first apologize for the service issues you encountered at McCoy's.
Ms. Green, we try to create memorable experiences for all our Guests and I sincerely apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. I will ensure that we provide coaching to our servers to ensure this does not happen in the future.
Please e-mail or call me directly with any concerns, as I am happy to assist. We thank you so much for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the Beach.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was fantastic from check in to check out.. The Spa was beautiful and the staff was so thoughtful, Melanie & Charise where lovely ladies. Darla provided a fantastic signature massage, I adored the conch shells.. Spencer at the bar was attentive and most appreciated.
The room was phenomenal with great little touches, I cannot say enough about the balcony with a beautiful ocean view.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just came back from one week from May 7 to May 14, 2014. I arrived at hotel at 1:15 and was told that the only room available was a double queen. I had Marriott Reward Gold and asked for an upgrade and was told NONE WAS AVAILABLE FOR MY ENTIRE STAY.

They asked if we wanted the double queen or we could wait for the King room. We decided to wait for the King room. It was 4:45 PM we were still waiting for the King room to be done and this is after repeated attempts to find out when the room would be ready.

The desk clerk advised the manager and he came to us, sitting in the lobby, and advised us that he would upgrade our room to an ocean front suite so we could get ready for the evening and make up for the lost of one day at the pool and beach. We thanked him for the UPGRADE that we were told didn't exist at check in but apparently was there all the time.

The rest of the week was good with the exception of the prices for the mix drinks 10.00 to 15.00 per drink and the food at their restaurant and at the pool area which also was fairly high for what you were getting.

The other expense, I feel, that is fairly high is PARKING YOUR RENTAL or own car. The cost is 25.00 plus 6% tax = 26.50 per day and it can ONLY BE DONE with VALET SERVICE. This adds 2 to 3 dollars tip to the cost for each time you take your car out for the day.

It cost me more for parking my car then it did to rent the car for this week. If you decide not to rent a car to avoid the expense THEN YOU ARE STUCK at this hotel for all of your food and drinks and there isn't any place you could walk to within a reasonable distance. YOU DO NEED A CAR AT THIS HOTEL IF STAYING FOR A WEEK!

We didn't use the beach that often but if you enjoy the beach over the pool and wish to have an umbrella and couple of chairs; it is best to just purchase some chairs and a small umbrella at a local store and leave them there after your vacation. The cost for two chairs and a umbrella is over 40.00 per day. I STAY IN ARUBA AT A MARRIOTT AND THEY DON'T CHARGE FOR CHAIRS ON THEIR BEACH. This hotel; should offer this IF THEY ADVERTISE ocean front hotel as they do.

The hotel was very clean and the employees were very courteous.

The pool area is a little small and during weekends and high season use, the pool will be fairly crowded with adults and children.

The only other hotel that is next door to this hotel is the Marriott Residence which offers parking at 19.00 per day BUT GIVES YOU A FREE BREAKFAST and I am sure the other food prices are comparable. The free breakfast for two is valued at approximately 40.00 and this alone makes up for the parking charges at the Marriott Pompano Beach Hotel.

All in all we had a good time on our vacation using this hotel and the area on Federal Highway #1, which has all of the restaurants and stores and needs a car to get to on a daily basis.

If I had to stay in Pompano beach again and wanted a ocean front hotel; i would consider this hotel again or maybe check out the Marriott Residence next door.

Room Tip: North Tower South side rooms and South Tower North side rooms. Both towers try to get one as close...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James A
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and the food was delicious. When I travel back to this area I will certainly stay here again. GREAT JOB TO THE ENTIRE STAFF!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Resort073113, Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing us with your important feedback about the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort and Spa. Your “HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY” review is wonderful. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the resort and staff members. I will ensure to share this review with our staff during our next Host Rally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!