“Great service, amazing view and good food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Great service, amazing view and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My 9 year old and I spent a few days during relocation at the Pompano Beach Marriott. The location is excellent. The pool is very friendly, both for children and adults. Food is very good. The best thing about the hotel is the friendly service of the staff and crew. The furniture and amenities at the hotel I are average to below standard for a full-service Marriott. However the service and location makes up for it. The breakfast buffet is amazing!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Zain M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I took this trip as a quick get-a-way---first time in 10 years without the kids. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We needed an early check-in when we arrived and it was no problem!!
The wait staff at the pool were very friendly and the valet's were great!!! We never had to wait for anything. We especially LOVED the staff down at the beach!
The room was so comfortable as well...and beautiful. I actually came home and ordered their pillows!!
Overall we had a wonderful trip and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Our room was close to the ground floor.....I would ask for a room on the higher floors and closer to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle L
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We are honored to be your first review and very grateful for being given a 5 star rating! I am so happy to hear that we were able to help create some wonderful memories for your 10th Anniversary get-away. Your praises regarding our front office & beach staff are very much appreciated. When I showed them your review they had huge smiles on their faces. Please come back soon, we would love to have you both back again! Emar and the team! emar.rodriguez@marriott.com
Plantation, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great customer service, friendly staff, nasty breakfast. We ate breakfast twice and both time it was greasy and some the baked goods stale. The wait staff was good. We would probably never food there again. Food is a pretty significant part of a stay for us. The view great, although balconies are pretty close together so not much privacy if the next guest are outside. Overall not bad though. Front desk staff very classy.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recommending us and for rating us with TripAdvisor! I also want to thank you for your thoughtful praises especially about the Front Desk staff and our servers. I made sure to share your review with everyone so that they can see what a positive impact they all had on your stay. I also would like to thank you for your honest feedback about your breakfast experience. I would love to have the opportunity to get more details about this so I can do a proper follow up. I will appreciate if you would reach out to me directly. I hope you come back again! Thank you, Emar emar.rodriguez@marriott.com
Dayton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This new property has all one needs to enjoy beach/spa vacation. The service is awesome and the restaurant is excellent.

The only challenges are parking,small elevators and the pool areas feel crowded. There is not much room for cars for unloading and loading so be prepared for frustration. The valet service does their best but this is a major challenge for this hidden gem of a property. They will solve all these as Marriott management tends to rise to the challenge of service.

You will enjoy this property.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view or a corner room. The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melzoni1
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Thomas M

Thank you for your review and for your wonderful praises and suggestions. I also greatly appreciate your kind words about our service and McCoy's restaurant. Our staff works very hard and Its so nice to see them get recognized. Thank you for making us your Beach Resort and if I can ever be of assistance please let me know. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Mastic Beach, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My first stay at this hotel was back in Nov. I was so impressed when I arrived, and that doesn't happen often. My room was clean (which is VERY important to me), staff was extremely friendly and I can't say enough about the valet. Because of the location of my room, the view wasn't what I had hoped. I didn't complain because it was so windy, I was afraid to go stay on the balcony. My second stay was back in Feb. I had the entire family this time. My room was so much nicer! I stayed in the executive suite, which was ocean front .....BEAUTIFUL!! The menu was a bit pricey to feed an entire family everyday, so we brought in food. I was able to take advantage of the gorgeous beach this trip and it was picture perfect. I have to give a shout out to, Jay .....he was on the ball and anticipated all my needs. My family had such a great time, we extended our stay. I had a few hiccups with billing (pay attention to your cc statements). Hopefully they can redeem themselves in July. I'm bringing my daughter down for graduation. I'll be coming from the Harbor Beach Marriott. I'm hoping for the best. Looking forward to writing a better review.

Room Tip: I always request a high floor. The extra expense for the ocean front is worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mommajulie76
I am so glad to see that we made such a great impression on you and that you will be returning again. I especially liked the positive feedback regarding cleanliness. Our Housekeeping Department works so hard and it is so nice to see them receive such great recognition. Please reach out to me prior your next trip in July so I can look after your upcoming stay!

Warm regards,
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My daughter and I spent two days away for some R&R, once we arrived at Marriot, they greeted us by name, room was perfectly clean, we had an ocean view. Dinned on the premises the entire time. Their pool area is very nice, relaxing.

Room Tip: We requested non-smoking and ocean view with balcony, even if you're a smoker you can go out on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria M
Dear Maria M,
WOW!! What an amazing review, thank you so much for taking the time to say such nice things about us. I am so glad that you enjoyed our unique style and that our staff was so great. I hope after the readers read your review they will give us a chance to win them over as well. Our employees genuinely love what they do and your kindness goes further than you can imagine. I hope you stay with us during your next visit.
Emar and the team!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very nice, clean hotel with really friendly staff. Although it was great to be away from boardwalks, loud crowds there are virtually no restaurants near by other than the hotel's. The rooms that are ocean view are mostly above the parking lot. You really gotta stretch your neck to see the ocean from non-ocean front rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jejehai
Thank you for your praises regarding the staff and cleanliness. We always encourage our guests to visit our website first so that they know exactly what type of hotel they are booking. Our rooms and hotel lobby looks exactly like the pictures. Next time I highly recommend researching the hotel and the area that we are surrounding by so that you will be more familiar with restaurants options on the Pompano area.

Warm regards,
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,523 reviews
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#2 of 36 in Pompano Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,291 reviews
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A No...
#11 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,531 reviews

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!