“Hmm. A little different than my normal Marriott experience...”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Overall, we liked this hotel. We had two rooms and both had a balcony with a nice view of the ocean.

The rooms were nice, one room had carpet that had several spots (burns/stains?) but otherwise felt very updated.

The hotel restaurant was overpriced (even for the area) and the service was excruciatingly slow (even on an off night). I ordered and expensive fish dish, and was served a 2" x 2" piece of fish in a giant plate with a "sauce" which was pretty darn close to milk... No veggies, no bread. Just a tiny portion of fish.

The hotel bar was fun, and the prices were reasonable.

The hotel pool and outdoor chess area were fun. The pools and hot tub were large and clean.

When we went out to hang out on the beach, we were SO excited to lay out on the beach chairs. The Marriott beach chairs. Guess what, they aren't included with the price of your stay!!! If you have an extra $75 (I can't remember the price, it was just really high!!) then you can enjoy a chair FOR THE DAY (no hourly rental).

I was kind of disappointed in the whole experience. I think if the beach chair policy had been explained by the front desk at check in, I wouldn't have felt so nickeled-n-dimed.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank WanderEat
TaylorHall, Director of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear WanderEat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Pompano Beach Marriott. We especially welcome comments, to therefore improve our product and service. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel- rooms, pool and bar included!

As the Food and Beverage Director, please allow me to personally apologize for the service inconvenience you experienced at McCoy's as well as your entree not being to your satisfaction. I would love the opportunity to gather more feedback from you so I can do a proper follow up.

I have shared your feedback with the proper outlets for everyone to see your positive and honest feedback. I do hope we get another opportunity to serve you! taylor.hall@marriott.com

Best Regards,

Taylor Hall
Director of Food and Beverage

There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overall the hotel is very well situated, clean, and has a friendly stall. There were two things that really bothered me during my stay.

One: A single small cup of coffee was $5.30 and I found this usurious and insulting.
Two: The bath towels felt like sandpaper. The laundry really needs to get it's act together.

On the good side was the valet service, which it should be at $25 per day. The men were courteous, prompt and had no problem with a special request here and there.

Room Tip: If you want good views ask for floors 7 and 8. And yes, do not buy coffee here unless you want to ha...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank abucs
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My 9 year old and I spent a few days during relocation at the Pompano Beach Marriott. The location is excellent. The pool is very friendly, both for children and adults. Food is very good. The best thing about the hotel is the friendly service of the staff and crew. The furniture and amenities at the hotel I are average to below standard for a full-service Marriott. However the service and location makes up for it. The breakfast buffet is amazing!

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Zain M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I took this trip as a quick get-a-way---first time in 10 years without the kids. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. We needed an early check-in when we arrived and it was no problem!!
The wait staff at the pool were very friendly and the valet's were great!!! We never had to wait for anything. We especially LOVED the staff down at the beach!
The room was so comfortable as well...and beautiful. I actually came home and ordered their pillows!!
Overall we had a wonderful trip and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Our room was close to the ground floor.....I would ask for a room on the higher floors and closer to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle L
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We are honored to be your first review and very grateful for being given a 5 star rating! I am so happy to hear that we were able to help create some wonderful memories for your 10th Anniversary get-away. Your praises regarding our front office & beach staff are very much appreciated. When I showed them your review they had huge smiles on their faces. Please come back soon, we would love to have you both back again! Emar and the team! emar.rodriguez@marriott.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great customer service, friendly staff, nasty breakfast. We ate breakfast twice and both time it was greasy and some the baked goods stale. The wait staff was good. We would probably never food there again. Food is a pretty significant part of a stay for us. The view great, although balconies are pretty close together so not much privacy if the next guest are outside. Overall not bad though. Front desk staff very classy.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for recommending us and for rating us with TripAdvisor! I also want to thank you for your thoughtful praises especially about the Front Desk staff and our servers. I made sure to share your review with everyone so that they can see what a positive impact they all had on your stay. I also would like to thank you for your honest feedback about your breakfast experience. I would love to have the opportunity to get more details about this so I can do a proper follow up. I will appreciate if you would reach out to me directly. I hope you come back again! Thank you, Emar emar.rodriguez@marriott.com

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This new property has all one needs to enjoy beach/spa vacation. The service is awesome and the restaurant is excellent.

The only challenges are parking,small elevators and the pool areas feel crowded. There is not much room for cars for unloading and loading so be prepared for frustration. The valet service does their best but this is a major challenge for this hidden gem of a property. They will solve all these as Marriott management tends to rise to the challenge of service.

You will enjoy this property.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view or a corner room. The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Melzoni1
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Thomas M

Thank you for your review and for your wonderful praises and suggestions. I also greatly appreciate your kind words about our service and McCoy's restaurant. Our staff works very hard and Its so nice to see them get recognized. Thank you for making us your Beach Resort and if I can ever be of assistance please let me know. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Emar
emar.rodriguez@marriott.com

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My first stay at this hotel was back in Nov. I was so impressed when I arrived, and that doesn't happen often. My room was clean (which is VERY important to me), staff was extremely friendly and I can't say enough about the valet. Because of the location of my room, the view wasn't what I had hoped. I didn't complain because it was so windy, I was afraid to go stay on the balcony. My second stay was back in Feb. I had the entire family this time. My room was so much nicer! I stayed in the executive suite, which was ocean front .....BEAUTIFUL!! The menu was a bit pricey to feed an entire family everyday, so we brought in food. I was able to take advantage of the gorgeous beach this trip and it was picture perfect. I have to give a shout out to, Jay .....he was on the ball and anticipated all my needs. My family had such a great time, we extended our stay. I had a few hiccups with billing (pay attention to your cc statements). Hopefully they can redeem themselves in July. I'm bringing my daughter down for graduation. I'll be coming from the Harbor Beach Marriott. I'm hoping for the best. Looking forward to writing a better review.

Room Tip: I always request a high floor. The extra expense for the ocean front is worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mommajulie76

I am so glad to see that we made such a great impression on you and that you will be returning again. I especially liked the positive feedback regarding cleanliness. Our Housekeeping Department works so hard and it is so nice to see them receive such great recognition. Please reach out to me prior your next trip in July so I can look after your upcoming stay!

Warm regards,

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#15 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor ...
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#10 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!