“Nice beachfront stay”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
“Nice beachfront stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We wanted a few days on the beach after a recent cruise. Places were booking up, so we ended up heading further north than we planned. Nice hotel, great room and bathroom. Beach was great, lots of rental opportunities for ocean equipment (kayaks, boards, jet skis were great, chairs etc overpriced) Parking was expensive, but that seems to be true for most of the beachfront hotels. Hated the mandatory valet parking! Not much around for less expensive food options, so had to take the car and tip each time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TaylorHall, Director Of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear DeMgang,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Pompano Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. We especially welcome comments, to therefore improve our product and service. Recently you rated us a 3 our 5 stars which is below our standard. I would love to hear more about your experience and where we fell short. Please feel free to email me at Taylor.hall@marriott.com.

Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Polish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable...ocean view was great. However, they were severely under-staffed and every time I needed to talk with the front desk staff there was a considerable line. When I called from the room, the phone just rang until it went to the switchboard. For a beachfront hotel, the room was reasonably priced, but in reality the room costs quickly add up. Wifi is not included (though seems to be at most other hotels on the strip...including the Budget Inn). Breakfast, at $25 per plate, was on par with the included breakfast at a Hampton Inn. Parking is $26 per day and valet parking is required.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank beachtravelr
TaylorHall, Director of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Beachtravlr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Pompano Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. We especially welcome comments, to therefore improve our product and service. I am very sorry to hear that service fell below your expectations during your stay. I have passed on your reviews to the departments you mentioned for direct review. Please do not hesitiate to reach out to me if your travels bring you back to Marriott Pompano Beach.

Taylor
jersey shore
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

...rates 2 1/2 star.

Very nice front desk & valet. Room was nice, although we reserved a King room a month in advance and it was not available. Pool area was busy, and they ran out of towels? Marriott Beach Resort and no towels? I was told they would be available in "20 minutes", ok. 30 minutes later I was told "20 more minutes". They didn't say "where are you sitting, I'll bring them over when they are here". Poor Service, Poor Planning for a Beach Resort. We never got towels that day.
We tried to get massages and services at the spa, the young lady working the spa desk was very nice but could not accommodate us, for any service, during our three day stay? Nothing available? We ended up using the spa services at another hotel & it was wonderful.(Sonesta Ft. Laurderdale) So, the Marriott Pompano is ok, not great, we would choose another beach hotel for our next stay in the Ft. Laurderdale area.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank windinwaves
TaylorHall, Director of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Windinwaves,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Pompano Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. We especially welcome comments, to therefore improve our product and service. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel rooms!

As the Food and Beverage Director, I do apologize that your overall experience in the hotel did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received while waiting for towels, I can understand your frustration. I am also very sorry to hear SiSpa was unable to accomodate you for any services. If your travels bring you back to Pompano Beach, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly as I would love to invite you to SiSpa for a relaxing day. My email is Taylor.hall@marriott.com, I look forward to hearing from you.

taylor hall
Director of Food and Beverage
Pompano Beach Marriott
taylor.hall@marriott.com
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I decided to visit this hotel for our wedding anniversary. Everything was great, we got more than what we expected to have. Everyone was friendly and in a good mood all the time, Specially Natasha in the front desk who was as sweet as anyone could be, she helped us right away and gave us everything to spend our anniversary in the best way possible. Loved the view in the room, the pool, the food, the pool bar, everything. You must go!!!! You will love it. We will come back for another ocasion

Room Tip: Corner suites have a beautiful view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamara P
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Tamara,

WOW! Thank you so much for such a lovely review! We are delighted to hear that you choose us among other resorts for your anniversary celebration. I will share your review with Natacha, thank you for your praises. Please keep in touch we would love to see you back next year.

Warm regards,
Emar and the team!
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 7/9-7/14/2014. The Large King Room on the top floor had a wrap around balcony oceanfront. The bed was amazing, the room impeccable, the view breathtaking. More importantly, our experience with the staff was like no other ever experienced. Everyone we interacted with at the hotel was friendly, kind and willing to go out of their way to provide exceptional service. We were "that" couple that everyone hates, but the staff loved having us and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Marriott really got it right with this place.

Room Tip: You MUST get that top floor large king bed room. Amazing!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elizabeth v
Dear elizabeth,

Thank you for your 5 stars rating! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and your stay was phenomenal! Thank you so much for your praises regarding our staff, they all work very hard and it is nice to see them recognized. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Warm regards,
Emar and the team!
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

unfortunate
3) requested King bed- no one mentioned it wasn't available.
Although everyone at the front desk was very nice- every time .

4) spa attendant was very nice.
nothing no suitable appointments available at the Spa. ( went to another hotel for couples massage- we should've stayed at the other hotel )

Ok, we adjust to all those disappoints & head to the pool/beach -
5)no pool towels or towel attendant
we're told by a weary waitress " towels will be available in 20 minutes "( we had our own in our car which was whisked away by valet upon arrival )
6) gate re-entry from beach back on to property- our " key" ( nor anyone else's worked to reopen gate)
We get back in gated area & ask again for towels , yep, same weary waitress from the restaurant begrudging repeats the phrase "available in 20 minutes " as I tell her we've already been through that- she proclaims " that's what the manager told us to say, when the towel company brings the towels you will see them."
Not fair to the waitstaff - clearly they are asked continuously . - (order extra towels - problem solved)
We attempt to return to our room. Our
" key " does not reopen our door.

So we head to the front desk with no ID (& still wet from having no towels)
Sara at the front desk was very kind and helpful . Promptly addressed the key problem Wanted to know if we'd like our picture taken .... Uh, no thanks. Sara cheerily
Asked about our stay- well, we told her. She apologized.
A short time later, room service delivered a complimentary small cheese tray with a note from Sara- a very nice attempt to repair the situation. The cheese tray was dismal , sorry .
(Although what we really wanted was to
park our own car
Go to our ocean FRONT room with a key that worked & have towels- we did get cheese) thanks Sara!
Next... Keep reading
Did I mention the 4th floor smelled like sewage( no other floors)

Rainy, crappy weather on the way we decide to run down to beach ( quick dip with our OWN beach towels- ) lovely, shower & order room service as the storm rolls in.
I put on the Signature Marriott robe ( I of 2 in our closet) snuggle in to enjoy our room service delivery- I noticed something in the pocket of my robe - it is a previous guest's dirty, soiled tissue ! Gross !
Ok,
No more food, drop the robe & re shower !

Ok, upon checkout the following morning I speak with the Housekeeping Manager about this dreadful discovery . He did apologize and ask for the room # and said he was sorry but went on to say he "didn't have a business card with his email address on it but would get me one so I could email him regarding the incident. "
Well,
The housekeeping manager must have mistaken me for his staff. I am not typing up an incident report Sir, thank you though, I'm the guest, the one on vacation!
Dreadful.
Nothing like any other Marriott we have stayed in.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank JTrocks
TaylorHall, Director of Food and Beverage at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Good Morning JTRocks,

As the Director of Food and Beverage, please allow me to personally apologize for the service inconveniences you experienced during your stay; I can assure you that this is not our standard at Pompano Beach.

I am sorry your experience was not to your expectations. I know you have a choice to stay at any hotel and can move your loyalty due to your experiences. I want to assure you I will make the corrective steps to your experience so all our guests have the great Marriott Resort experience they are looking for.

I hope you allow us another opportunity to make a great vacation memory for you and your family. Please contact me directly when booking again for our property and I would like to personally select a great room and upgrade if available.

Best,
Taylor Hall
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Have you ever driven to a city with no idea where to stay and just took your chances? It was refreshing to find this gem of a hotel. We opted to stay just a few minutes out of the hustle and bustle of the Ft. Lauderdale beach area. It was a just a quick drive to the main strip. But if you are looking for a little R&R without having to drive, this hotel is right on the beach and has all you need for a little extra indulgence...restaurant, spa, valet, swimming pool, bar.... Plus, all of the the hotel staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful and made our stay a nice Home away from Home. The rooms were clean, modern, and most of all comfortable! The hotel is decorated in soothing sand and aqua colors that mimic the ocean. Fresh fruit infused water is waiting upon your arrival in the lobby. We will definitely be back! 5 stars!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank grnht123
WOW Thank you! What a great review, I cannot tell you how happy we are for receiving your recognition. We will definitely want you to be back soon! Please reach out to me directly on your next trip.

Best regards,
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort
#4 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor ...
#17 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!