“Still AWESOME, one year later!!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I spent just one night there to catch a flight home the following day, but we had a GREAT experience none the less. We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel last year when they opened, and honestly they have not missed a beat!! One of the gentlemen, Izel, who works valet remembered us...How great was that!. It was good to see that he was still there providing the quality service he provided us just a year ago. Our room was very nice and spacious with an ocean view as we requested. Then there is the fantastic access to the beach! We arrived early enough to get a good 4 hours at the beach. The staff (Ray and Scott) at the beach were EXCELLENT!!! They were very friendly, great personalities and provided quality customer service. Ray went the "extra mile" and it was greatly appreciated. We would definitely recommend this hotel!

2  Thank Ed and Susan J
There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great location, nice new property with great amenities. Food and beverage were also very good.
Went for a last getaway before school started and my two young daughters also had a great time and enjoyed the property.

2  Thank Rainer P
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very classy entry with only valet parking, it seemed.

Modern room, nicely appointed and very showy. Loved the big shower. The bed was comfortable and enjoyed the firm pillows. Took out the down comforter, not needed in Florida summers.

The desk was nice with an ergonomic chair for comfort. Enjoyed the balcony, where every room has beach views with a table and 2 chairs.

The fridge was great to have, especially since there are no restaurants to walk to, so it was nice to have a place to store some food and drink for those snack needs.

Loved the very comfortable couch in the room.

I was in this hotel for 2 nights and both days the housekeeping staff ignored my do not disturb sign on the door. This was quite frustrating. On the second day, she knocked a few times and after I kept yelling through the door to leave me alone, she then went and called the room. This was not only annoying, but unprofessional.

They have a breakfast buffet that is actually quite good; the food was fresh and hot, except on day 2, the oatmeal was not right; possibly burned.

There is immediate beach access and the pool was nice but the hot tub was full of kids, which was annoying!

Room Tip: All rooms have beach views. There are 2 towers. Mine, the south tower, appeared to be quieter and it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Penguin S
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had 14 key employees in my 50-person company in town for a meeting, August 12-14. We returned to the Marriott Pompano Beach this year, after having a similar meeting there last year. We had a WONDERFUL experience. We used the conference room that had a beautiful beach view. This year they had curtains, so my staff didn't look out there during the meeting. (But they got to take in the view during the break.) This year, we decided to do everything on the property, including the dinners, and we were handsomely rewarded with wonderful meals. The staff treated us like royalty. The rooms were wonderful. The only thing to think about when having the meeting there is the restrooms. There are only two outside of the meeting room. On Day 2, we decided to not take a break because, when we did, we had lines. Instead, we just said, leave when you need to go. Getting to/from the airport also required some logistics, but it was manageable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had four families get together for a 3 night stay. The rate was reasonable for such a nice property. The service was very good. The service at the restaurant and bar was excellent, though the prices were a bit high. You can rent umbrellas, kayaks, paddle boards and jet skis right on the beach and charge it to your room. The pools were nice and the beach was beautiful.
We all agreed we would go there again.

5  Thank parksmom95
Emar R, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for recommending us and for your 5 star rating! We are delighted you choose us for your family reunion. I am glad that one of the highlights was the staff, they are very passionate about service and your praises mean a lot to all of us. We can’t wait to welcome you back some day.
Emar.
emar.rodriguez@marriott.com

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I always like to surprise my mom with as relaxing day for her birthday so I booked us both a massage at the Si Spa. The new spa area is a cute little botique. They offer skincare and some really neat spa products.
My mom and I then got to change into some comfortable robes and some slippers. Then we got to hang out in the relaxation area and have some champagne and fruit. I just loved the chairs!

The massage begins and you actually get to choose your own scent that you want to have the massage experience to be with. They start the massage with ostrich feathers over your back. It was the coolest feeling ever. The beds were by far the most comfortable beds I have ever been on.

My mom even said it was the best birthday present ever!!! Thank you Si Spa we will be back!!

Chantel and Shirley

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank chantel s

Dear Chantel & Shirley,

Thank you for giving us a 5 and for such high praises. I couldn’t wait to show the staff your review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience and I hope you come back soon.

Warm regards,
Emar and the team!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

From the time our family pulled up to the front doors, we were treated like royalty. The front desk staff were lovely, the restaurant staff were inviting and served amazing food, and the beach staff were great also. The views are stunning, and the pools were beautiful. The grounds were manicured, and the rooms were nice and clean. All the staff were gracious and went out of their way for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all!!

Room Tip: The best room with the best views and largest balcony is room 900.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie S

Dear Debbie,

WOW! What an amazing 5 star review! It sounds like the staff really impressed you! Your review is sure to put lots of smiles on their faces. I am so grateful for the employees that we have, they really love what they do and it’s moments like this that make it all worth while. We want you to feel like you are home away from home and it sounds like we succeeded. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Emar and the team!

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#16 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Beachcomber Resort and Villas
#3 of 38 in Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor ...
#15 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#10 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!