“"So good, you will slap your Momma"”

Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx
Reserve with OpenTable
Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
florida
“"So good, you will slap your Momma"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Cafe Maxx has been amazing for years. I am like others, taking a little hiatus. Not sure , maybe it's the hundreds of restaurant choices in So Fl. Wish they would drop flyers at nearby homes to remind us.
I do think the outside needs glitz, as the curb appeal is lacking. You truly need a few outside chandeliers.
The food? Super amazing!
Start with the caviar pie and a great glass of wine. Don't forget the bread.
The servers need a little butt kick to serve in a fancy joint like this. Managers are amazing! Valet are very nice and professional.
All appetizers and salad amazing too! Excellent prices, eat here before Houston's. Stop there for a glass of wine after.
Any food items makes you cry with joy. Truly a party in your mouth! "So good you will slap your Momma!"

1 Thank starhotelFlorida

Philadelphia
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I joined another couple for dinner here recently and had a great meal. We had not been there for years. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortabl,e but the food is at a gourmet level. Our starters and entrees were all delicious. It is a great sign when you don't think you could ever replicate the dish yourself. They also allowed us to linger at the table and talk instead of trying to push us out. The service was just right. I will definitely go back and would recommend it.

1 Thank PhillyWanderer
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Best little find in Pompano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Amazing Chef. Love the small cafe feeling. For food and service of this standard, it's a great find. I have been dining here since 1992 and have never been disappointed. I read reviews often and have to defend the staff and the owners. If I feel ill after a meal, it's usually from drinking.

2 Thank Jeff F
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have eaten at Cafe Maxx numerous times. I have never had a meal that was not excellent. It's a bit cramped inside, and a little noisy. If you're looking for something intimate, I wouldn't suggest it. If you're looking for a great meal, you can do no better.

Visited June 2013
New Hampshire
“Great for a Special Occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We ended up at Cafe Maxx because every other restaurant in the area had a long wait. I found Cafe Maxx using my iPhone. The reviews were good and they could seat a party of 5. We were celebrating my birthday, and wanted a nicer place. The menu is very unique, but also very pricey. The service was attentive, but the manager that night seemed more interested in having drinks at the bar. He never came around and did not even acknowledge us when we left. The food was excellent - fresh and well-prepared. No one in our party was disappointed. The waitress and kitchen were a little unsure about how to handle a dairy allergy. They were not sure what ingredients were "dairy," but once I explained it, things were fine. For the record, eggs are not dairy. Milk, cream, butter, cheese are dairy. Overall, it was a very nice evening. I would go back again.

• Visited July 2013