“Outstanding food, good service, casual atmosphere”

Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx
Reserve with OpenTable
Darrel & Oliver's Cafe Maxx is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 356 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Outstanding food, good service, casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Went on a Thursday night. Two couples. I had the banana and nut crusted mahi mahi. Presentation beautiful. Tasted great. Appetizer was the Kobe beef meatballs. - Wow. My wife and friends each had a different meal and all were great.

• Visited October 2013

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“It is always a treat, this is where I celebrate my anniversary every year ;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I absolutely LOVE this place.

The service is good, the food is AMAZING.
I would not go there with kids, it is perfect for romantic/special occasions.

Prices are high (for me, but it is absolutely worth it), but sometimes they have a fix menu that is a great great deal.
We did the dine out menu, and everything we order was excellent. That day the special they had for main course was chicken stuffed with lobster, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. OMG, it doesn't get better than that.
If you have never been, you gotta try it. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Make reservations.

• Visited October 2013
florida
“"So good, you will slap your Momma"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Cafe Maxx has been amazing for years. I am like others, taking a little hiatus. Not sure , maybe it's the hundreds of restaurant choices in So Fl. Wish they would drop flyers at nearby homes to remind us.
I do think the outside needs glitz, as the curb appeal is lacking. You truly need a few outside chandeliers.
The food? Super amazing!
Start with the caviar pie and a great glass of wine. Don't forget the bread.
The servers need a little butt kick to serve in a fancy joint like this. Managers are amazing! Valet are very nice and professional.
All appetizers and salad amazing too! Excellent prices, eat here before Houston's. Stop there for a glass of wine after.
Any food items makes you cry with joy. Truly a party in your mouth! "So good you will slap your Momma!"

1 Thank starhotelFlorida
Philadelphia
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I joined another couple for dinner here recently and had a great meal. We had not been there for years. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortabl,e but the food is at a gourmet level. Our starters and entrees were all delicious. It is a great sign when you don't think you could ever replicate the dish yourself. They also allowed us to linger at the table and talk instead of trying to push us out. The service was just right. I will definitely go back and would recommend it.

1 Thank PhillyWanderer
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Best little find in Pompano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Amazing Chef. Love the small cafe feeling. For food and service of this standard, it's a great find. I have been dining here since 1992 and have never been disappointed. I read reviews often and have to defend the staff and the owners. If I feel ill after a meal, it's usually from drinking.

2 Thank Jeff F