“Local German Restaurant”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Dinner is served Wednesday-Sunday at 5:00pm. Yummy place. Very good food and the service is good. We enjoy the breakfast here also. Come early there is always a wait. It is worth it
Try dinner also.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Cute little place that offers pretty authentic German dishes. I found it on Tripadvisor and had to try it out because eating German food always brings me home.
The bad thing is, that the place is so small, the waiting time for dinner can be pretty long and they don't have like a bar or anything where you can hang out meanwhile you wait. Waiting is outside and we went on a cold night so not very comfy.
The food was good. We had the Goulash Soup and the potato pancakes as an appetizer, and as a main course my husband had the calf liver and I enjoyed the Kaese Spaetzle. Everything was really good and the prices were very reasonable.
The service is a little lacking though, not enough servers - they seem overwhelmed, although the place is small.
But we will be back to try breakfast or lunch for sure.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

What a great find. Authentic German food in Pompano Beach. Everything was delicious. Husband and wife team working the kitchen and the floor. Very attentive without being overly so.
Saturday night visit and every table was in use and standees outside waiting their turn.
They fit 40-50 diners into a small space so it's a bit noisy.
All the usual German favorites + German beers. I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Cypress Nook was a pleasant surprise. We signed up for a Groupon offer at home using Tripadvisor as well as the Nook's website as guides. We like German food and have had some of the best and armed with our Groupon ($12 for $24) we thought, let's give it a chance.
We arrived at about 5:30 and got a seat and then the people started to arrive, the place filled up quickly. The waitress made the suggestion of their fresh baked Bavarian pretzel and bier cheese dip, we went with the medium size. It came out hot and very tasty. My wife liked it just as well plain (which was very good), but I liked it with the cheese dip. Would definitely get it again. Probably would go great with a beer if I drank beer.
My wife ordered Sauerbraten (one of their Signature Dishes and her favorite, too) with noodles and fresh carrots. I got the Schweinebraten with sautéed spinach and German potato salad. The Sauerbraten was delicious, just the right amount of sweet/sour flavor; the noodles were soft and tasty, especially with some of the gravy; the carrots were also good with a flavor neither one of us could place, but they sure were good. My Schweinebraten (three+ nice size slices of pork) was fork tender and very flavorful; the German potato salad was like it should be, sour; the spinach was also good (if you like sautéed spinach, which I do).
Not being wine drinkers and my wife not feeling like a beer, we had coffee (her) and lemonade (me). Most of the people around us had beer or wine, we would have liked to have our mixed drink, but didn't really miss it. For dessert we shared a piece of apple strudel, which was excellent, tender apples, a few raisins and a flaky crust. A nice finish to the meal.
This all set us back a grand total of $29.09 after tax and before tip (including our Groupon deal), can't beat that with a stick! We will go back and gladly pay full price. My wife says she would probably get the same thing, I would try something else just to do it. I love schnitzel and wursts and would probably try either.
The Cypress Nook is a small place off the beaten path and you'd probably never just drive by it, but it is well worth your time to seek it out and give it a try. They do appear to take reservations (as we left, two tables had reserved signs on them) but I'd call to make sure.

1  Thank ontheHuron
Reviewed 14 March 2013

we came for breakfast and returned for dinner. What a great spot for tasty and casual dining. Mom runs the breakfast and they know how to poach eggs (benedict) which is my sign of a good breakfast spot.
We returned for dinner ,german fare served by son. Schnitzel was excellent with spatzle.The german chocolate cake was fantastic. And although we didn't try it, the big pretzel lookd like a fun appetizer.

1  Thank Torontofrequentflyer