“Very Nice”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Nice little spot in pompano Irish/German food, its pretty good food and a cozy atmosphere, bring cash tough because they don't take credit cards

1  Thank jplandino

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews and wanted to get a great breakfast at a good price. Well we were not disappointed at all. It is a real local joint - so the atmosphere was not great but it was interesting. The food is great and we had no problem with the service. The prices are very reasonable and you get a great deal of food. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I decided to branch out from my usual go-to breakfast spots and try Cypress Nook. Overall, I wasn't particularly impressed, one way or the other.

PROS
-Tasty food, reasonably priced
-Clean setting

CONS
-Terrible service - I had to listen to the waitress shooting the breeze with the table right next to me for several minutes before she even offered me a menu or coffee.
-A lady whom I assumed was the owner walked through the dining room to see if everyone was satisfied. Nice gesture but really she only smiled and nodded (no "how is everything") then went right back to the kitchen.
-The second I put my fork down, another waitress ran over and abruptly snatched my plate, cutlery, etc. and scurried off without making eye contact or bothering to ask if I was finished.
-Restaurant is in an odd location with little natural light and uninspiring view.
-I suspect that locals/regulars are what keeps this place going. If you are a first time guest expecting warm attentive service you will be disappointed.

2  Thank RoxieFlo
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Service was excellent, decor not fancy and they could put a door on the kitchen to cut down on the noise. What I mean is that my dish was good. My wife's was not. The other couple we were with seen to enjoy theirs but not overly enthusiastic. I would go back. My wife not. BTW it is off season and it was not crowded. They are closing as of August 5th for vacation. Call before going.

1  Thank DONTFAST
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Must be good if it has a Zagat recommendation. And, it is! Had their liver and onions with red cabbage - cannot be beat for a purely German meal.
Small place but difficult to converse as it is generally noisy because voices carry over to the adjacent tables.