“Resting on Laurels”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Milan, Italy
“Resting on Laurels”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I went there after it was highly recommended by our new landlord. My being German, Hubby having lived in Germany with me for over 10 yrs, I think we know a thing or two about German food. Well. This was quite old. I ordered the red cabbage with mashed potatoes and Wienerschnitzel. My husband had the Bratwurst with homefries and salad. To say the least we were underwhelmed. The cabbage was thoroughly overcooked, and to my disappointment made with grease instead of apples. The mashed potatoes: meh. The schnitzel a little tough. The brats: meh.
We will not go back. Not good enough. I believe Oma is not putting forth her best efforts any more.

• Visited September 2013

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Cozy & Delicous!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our Oktoberfest celebration could not have been better! This is the second year I attended a group dinner at Cypress Nook, and both years have been "wowed" by the generous portions, great selection, and accomodating service! The food was authentic, and cooked to perfection!

• Visited October 2013
nutmeg state
“Wunderbar!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

When your German friend says that they were the best potato dumplings this side of Munich what can you say? Only more good things!
Michael, the manager-owner does a superb job of treating each customer with individual attention. This is how a restauranteur knows his patrons will be returning.
We began by sharing an order of dumplings with Jaeger gravy and an order of potato pancakes. The gravy for the dumplings was A++ and there was plenty and it was great with the potato pancakes too!
Both my buddy and I had this huge, house special ham hock that had one of the finest gravies I ever had accompany my little piggy! The spaetzle and spinach with garlic that accompanied was cooked to perfection. The choices for sides are wonderful.
One of the ladies had calves liver and onion which I tasted. I prefer mine medium rare but even well done it was very tasty. My love had a chicken dish:
"Chicken Zuricher Geschnetzeltes - chicken medallions, light pink wine sauce, mushrooms, red peppers, bacon"
..but without the bacon. I know, how could she do that! Well, I tasted it the next day and it was really quite excellent though you and I know the bacon would have given it just that little extra.
For dessert we each had warmed apple strudel and it was flaky and well spiced and had an ample portion of raisins which are de rigueur (Achtung! how do you say that in German?).
Oh my, I am getting hungry again.
Just a point of reference - the menu on tripadvisor is not up to date so expect to pay a bit more but still a good value for the quality.

• Visited October 2013
“Birthday breakfast in Excellent local place”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had a surprise birthday breakfast here with my finance and what a great place. Food was excellent, coffee cups were never empty. This is a very small and cozy place with many locals and very friendly locals. I was surprised with the whole staff singing me Happy Birthday as well as the rest of the restaurant. Will go back and again and again !!

• Visited September 2013
“Fantastic German Food”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Every dish we've tried has been excellent The presentation is good and the taste authentic and delicious. Some of the very best German food I've ever eaten and my husbands family is German!

• Visited June 2013