“Don't stay here, you can do better.”

Wyndham Sea Gardens
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ankeny, Iowa
“Don't stay here, you can do better.”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Put in Key West building. Paid for cleaning before arrival, not cleaned. Hair in bathrooms. Drove by Key West building 2 times thinking it was an abandoned building before realizing it was an actual building. Pools were nice. Location is good. Room had no cable boxes, just wires where boxes used to be. Went to Orlando for an overnight stay, came back and spring on door was broken meaning someone was in our room but not to clean so why? Nothing missing from what could tell. Staff was ok and helpful but must have a great number of staff that are doing a disservice to the others as again, room never cleaned, cable boxes gone, someone in our room for who knows why. Plenty of other options in area. Look elsewhere if you are smart. Two signs before eleven checked in were staff member in parking lot on phone complaining to someone on cell about disarray of resort and lady In line in front of us checking in demanding another room after seeing hers and being moved to the wyndham palm aire which is in the area.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Disregard older reviews. Wyndham is renovating the whole place and the last building under construction is closed. So any where you stay on the propery is wonderful. Rooms are clean. Staff was the best!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Loripebbles
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The resort is situated on the lovevly beaches of Ftl Lauderdale in Pompano ,The two bedroom suite was hughe, it had everything you could desire for a vacation, My suite was in the back of the resort, overlooking the channel, beautiful view especially at night from your balcony.You have to walk through the gardens to get to the main check in or if you needed a cart. they were not so convenient, I liked the security and the staff was ok, most of them were very friendly, some you had to speak first, which was not a problem for me i always speak to everyone,The furniture was lovely and the beds were comfartable.The pool outside of the pallms where i stayed was always too hot, very hot, it was not comfartble to swim i, but the other pool was ok.Of course the beach was superb.I liked the idea that pool and beach towels are provided,but you have to rent the chairs and umbrellas, You have to drive every where.

Room Tip: Get a 2bdr in the Palms, the 1bdr behind the gardens are terrible.
2 Thank ametatrini
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Its 3 in the morning, kids asleep so I figured I would give you the low-down on this 'resort". My first tip to anyone staying here... It is NOT a resort.. upgrade from a hotel maybe but that is about it. The exterior of the place is not much to look at and the area seems shady. The check in is long and unnecessary. Seriously why did I have to wait almost 30 min for 3 people ahead of me, and then they move you over to "pick up your parking pass" which actually is where they try to sell you on something. By that time I said, look I got to go... before cops come for me.. My 18 year old and 4 year old have been in car waiting for me. Which is another story because by the time I got back to the car they were gone across the street and my 4 year old clothes and all was at the beach in the water and I was locked out of the car trying to find them when I finally got released from the check in desk. Anyways, back to this review. The area is awful. No restaurant on sight. A small activity room by check in ... seems very outdated. If you come.. Stay at the Ocean Palms.. for your own good. The rooms before you get to this are all exterior doors and boy was I scared that I would get one of them. Did I mention the area seems shady... There are no restaurants nearby, and you need a car. The tiki bar closes at 8 and there is no restaurant on site. The pool that is "beachside is smaller than the one in my subdivision back home and it really is not on the beach but you can walk about 500 yards to the ocean. I went to my room after some really poor directions to find it.. but here comes the good part, when I opened the door to the 1 bedroom I was pleasantly surprised that the interior was really nice. Looks god. No carpet on floor.. just tile throughout, Up on higher level floors saw a quarter view of the ocean and overall the room was spacious and clean. And believe me i am a germ-a- phob.. I have no idea how to spell that word but you get my gist. Stay at Ocean Palms ask for the rooms that have tile flooring and are updated and you should be good to go.

Room Tip: Stay at Ocean Palms... 8th floor was good. Make sure to ask for the rooms that have all tile through...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Second visit to Wyndham Sea Gardens and another great trip to southeastern Florida. This time we got an remodeled studio on the beach side. Very nice. Unit was comfortable and sleeps 4. I was expecting a washer/dryer in unit but this unit didn't have one. But they do have laundry rooms if your unit doesn't have one. My daughter's one bedroom unit did have one. The one bedroom was not remodeled but yet it was very big and clean and had everythng you need for a week's stay. There are no restaurants close by so you will need a car. There is a Publix a mile or so south on A1A. They need to have a restaurant and some food options on property. The tiki bar only stayed open till 8PM but stayed open if people were there.

3 Thank olive21
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is our second time staying in Pompano Beach and also our second time staying at a Wyndham resort. When reading the reviews of this hotel before we left I was a bit nervous because there were a lot of negative ones, but I have to say our experience there was great. I will say that the pictures they have are a bit deceiving though because there are actually 4 pools and the one they show is the pool located on the beach which is the Ocean Views hotel. They also have 5 hotels that make up the Sea Gardens. We stayed at the Ocean Palms and had a lovely view of the ocean. The room was modern and updated and very clean. We were a short walk to the Tiki Bar which served a variety of drink specials everyday. My only negative review about the Tiki Bar is that it is only open from 1pm - 8pm. They also have a store which sells minimal items and is only open Wed, Fri and Sat from 12pm - 3pm which was disappointing....but they do have a BBQ on those days which was nice. The staff was friendly and very prompt in delivering towels and a luggage cart on our last day there. You definetley need a car but seeing as we have been there before we knew that. There is a great resturant called The Sands Harbor which is in walking distance and they are on the water and have amazing crab legs and a surf and turf dinner with a bottle of wine for $69. The beach is only a short walk from the hotel and they have jet ski rentals right there as well as catamarans, kayaks and other rentals available.

I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely go again.

3 Thank Lonidee21
Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Lush tropical landscaping, four swimming pools including ocean front Olympic Size pool with awesome beach views, spacious Queen- King Suites with on suite bathrooms, great Tiki Bar poolside until 8 PM nightly with daily specials and just a quick walk to the beach for enjoying the sand and salt water. Great resort. Very Clean accommodations and well equipped kitchen. We enjoyed mornings at the beach and ocean front pool then our own resort side pool steps from our room in the afternoons. Be sure to try Ruby's By The Sea local Italian restaurant at the strip mall next to the Inlet Light House Park and Draw Bridge. Great authentic food! Oh, and did I mention for those who are flying the resort provides beach towels! Chairs are available for rental. The beds were really comfortable too.

2 Thank Kim C