“Good experience again. This was my third week long visit.”

Wyndham Sea Gardens
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
new orleans, louisiana
“Good experience again. This was my third week long visit.”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I get a great deal on the Sea Gardens. I paid 151 dollars for six nights, corner studio deluxe, view of pool and the ocean. Everything went great. No complaints. The rooms bed was good enough, large bath, kitchen had everything you need. I walked out of apt, down a flight of stairs, and was on the beach. What more do you want at that price? My previous stays were also good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank qtrready

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed in a studio. It was located next to the beach. We could see the ocean and pool from our room if you steped out onto the balcony. I would not really call it a balcony, because it had only standing room and that means barely standing room. The studio had everything you needed in it except a washer/dryer. The confirmation stated it would and when I called they said it would, but it did not have one. That in itself was not good for me since I only packed half the clothes I would have normally took. They did have a laundry room in the basement, which I did not use. The have a certain number of towels, washcloths, hand towels, beach towels and kitchen towels in the room, but it is really hard to get them everyday. You have to call several times and they were out of wash cloths everytime you called. So always ask for more than you need. They do not clean your room, except before you arrive. We did not eat at the restrurant, but we did have a drink at the tiki bar and it was good.

Room Tip: Our studio was ocean view. I do not think the have any ocean front.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DJLED
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Put in Key West building. Paid for cleaning before arrival, not cleaned. Hair in bathrooms. Drove by Key West building 2 times thinking it was an abandoned building before realizing it was an actual building. Pools were nice. Location is good. Room had no cable boxes, just wires where boxes used to be. Went to Orlando for an overnight stay, came back and spring on door was broken meaning someone was in our room but not to clean so why? Nothing missing from what could tell. Staff was ok and helpful but must have a great number of staff that are doing a disservice to the others as again, room never cleaned, cable boxes gone, someone in our room for who knows why. Plenty of other options in area. Look elsewhere if you are smart. Two signs before eleven checked in were staff member in parking lot on phone complaining to someone on cell about disarray of resort and lady In line in front of us checking in demanding another room after seeing hers and being moved to the wyndham palm aire which is in the area.

• Stayed August 2012

Travellers are raving about these Pompano Beach hotels

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Disregard older reviews. Wyndham is renovating the whole place and the last building under construction is closed. So any where you stay on the propery is wonderful. Rooms are clean. Staff was the best!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Loripebbles
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The resort is situated on the lovevly beaches of Ftl Lauderdale in Pompano ,The two bedroom suite was hughe, it had everything you could desire for a vacation, My suite was in the back of the resort, overlooking the channel, beautiful view especially at night from your balcony.You have to walk through the gardens to get to the main check in or if you needed a cart. they were not so convenient, I liked the security and the staff was ok, most of them were very friendly, some you had to speak first, which was not a problem for me i always speak to everyone,The furniture was lovely and the beds were comfartable.The pool outside of the pallms where i stayed was always too hot, very hot, it was not comfartble to swim i, but the other pool was ok.Of course the beach was superb.I liked the idea that pool and beach towels are provided,but you have to rent the chairs and umbrellas, You have to drive every where.

Room Tip: Get a 2bdr in the Palms, the 1bdr behind the gardens are terrible.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ametatrini
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Its 3 in the morning, kids asleep so I figured I would give you the low-down on this 'resort". My first tip to anyone staying here... It is NOT a resort.. upgrade from a hotel maybe but that is about it. The exterior of the place is not much to look at and the area seems shady. The check in is long and unnecessary. Seriously why did I have to wait almost 30 min for 3 people ahead of me, and then they move you over to "pick up your parking pass" which actually is where they try to sell you on something. By that time I said, look I got to go... before cops come for me.. My 18 year old and 4 year old have been in car waiting for me. Which is another story because by the time I got back to the car they were gone across the street and my 4 year old clothes and all was at the beach in the water and I was locked out of the car trying to find them when I finally got released from the check in desk. Anyways, back to this review. The area is awful. No restaurant on sight. A small activity room by check in ... seems very outdated. If you come.. Stay at the Ocean Palms.. for your own good. The rooms before you get to this are all exterior doors and boy was I scared that I would get one of them. Did I mention the area seems shady... There are no restaurants nearby, and you need a car. The tiki bar closes at 8 and there is no restaurant on site. The pool that is "beachside is smaller than the one in my subdivision back home and it really is not on the beach but you can walk about 500 yards to the ocean. I went to my room after some really poor directions to find it.. but here comes the good part, when I opened the door to the 1 bedroom I was pleasantly surprised that the interior was really nice. Looks god. No carpet on floor.. just tile throughout, Up on higher level floors saw a quarter view of the ocean and overall the room was spacious and clean. And believe me i am a germ-a- phob.. I have no idea how to spell that word but you get my gist. Stay at Ocean Palms ask for the rooms that have tile flooring and are updated and you should be good to go.

Room Tip: Stay at Ocean Palms... 8th floor was good. Make sure to ask for the rooms that have all tile through...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Second visit to Wyndham Sea Gardens and another great trip to southeastern Florida. This time we got an remodeled studio on the beach side. Very nice. Unit was comfortable and sleeps 4. I was expecting a washer/dryer in unit but this unit didn't have one. But they do have laundry rooms if your unit doesn't have one. My daughter's one bedroom unit did have one. The one bedroom was not remodeled but yet it was very big and clean and had everythng you need for a week's stay. There are no restaurants close by so you will need a car. There is a Publix a mile or so south on A1A. They need to have a restaurant and some food options on property. The tiki bar only stayed open till 8PM but stayed open if people were there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family