“review for wyndham sea gardens”

Wyndham Sea Gardens
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Perryville, Maryland
“review for wyndham sea gardens”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Just returned from our vacation in Pompano Beach where we stayed at the Wyndham Sea Gardens Resort. We are owners but this was our first time in southern Florida - went with my husband and grown children. Not a lot for the "kids" to do at night - but we were really making this family time together - and it was wonderful. I have only good things to say about this resort, very clean, staff were very friendly - (especially Annie - front desk supervisor) - went out of their way to assist, the pools and hot tubs were spotless - just to name a few. Very short walk to the beach from the tower we stayed in - short distance from Pompano to Ft. Lauderdale - we attended the Ravens/Miami Dolphin game on Sunday - very hot - but Ravens won - Dolphin fans were great!!!!! We also did the Riverwalk in Ft. Lauderdale. So much to do!!!!!

Went up to the casino Isle Casino -(I think was the name) up by the Palm Aire Resort - had dinner there for the seafood buffet - that was excellent - many choices, everything was hot - staff there were also very attentive to your needs.

Don't know what else I can say - except I cannot wait to go back!!!!!!

Room Tip: to see the ocean you either need to stay at the units right on the beach - studios or in the tower...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank debonvacation
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some great area activities. We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful time and were taken great care of by our staff. We look forward to your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
dayton, oh
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This place has everything you need to get away from it all. We stayed 5 nights and had a wonderful time. Sat out by the pond a couple of evenings sipping on a glass of wine. Enjoyed the pools and the Tikki Bar. The beach was just across the street. The staff was so nice and helpful. The grounds have been kept up with amazing plants and trees. I would go back and stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor by the Cabana pool - so convenient to be by the pool and bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travel4funmom
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your time at our property and were able to fully relax with our resort amenities provided. We look forward to your next visit!
Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had our annual family reunion here the end of July. The staff was very accommodating with our large group. We enjoyed the beach and all the hotels pools. They are big into recycling and collect many left over beach toys and goodies to be reused for the next guest They have a solid recycling program for bottles, papers etc throughout their hotels and grounds. The management and event supervisor were really helpful with our large group. Rooms were exceptional and any issues were handled swiftly. We will be going back! Great work from their team.

Room Tip: Several room options exist at this property. Beach side, intercoastal side and a smaller quiet area...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for providing this feedback. We are so glad you chose to hold your family reunion at our property and it is great to hear that our friendly staff was able to fully accommodate each guest. Thank you for the positive recognition of our recycling program on grounds. We look forward to your next visit!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed in the Sea Gardens section of the resort for 7 days, 1 bedroom 2 baths and full kitchen. The bedroom and bed slept well. Loved the Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. Glad to have a door to close off the living room and kitchen for privacy. My girls ages 17 and 21 slept on the let out bed/couch which they said was uncomfortable. It was good to see the kitchen had all cooking/eating utensils. We had a pool view and enjoyed that and the ability to walk directly across the street to swim in the ocean. The resort grounds were safe and well kept, staff was accommodating as well. Wish I had thought to inquire about obtaining my own timeshare unit for future visits. Loved the Pompano Beach area, I will be there again.

Room Tip: If you want a ocean view do not stay in the Sea Gardens section you'll need to request for the O...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bashment31
Chalfont
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The pics of this property are deceiving online. They were painting and prepping some of the units while we were there, but it is an older facility. The two bedroom two bath units were very spacious and well equipped. Comfortable beds. There were 3 pools and two hot tubs on site. The beach is right across the street. The water there isn't the best. It's the amenities where they fall short. We have been to many different timeshare facilities which have fun activities all week long. This resort you had to pay for all of them. Prices which I thought were high. There is a nice tiki bar, but again - HIGH prices. There was even a charge for the welcome party. It's close to a lot of other beaches, which is good because there is little to no night life or restaurants in Pompano on the beach. We went to Deerfield and Ft. Lauderdale a few times and visited South Beach as well. Not the best resort I've stayed in - but not the worst.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank emmbeekay
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I am a Wyndham Vacation Resort owner and I brought my best friend 3yo son to Sea Gardens! This property is awesome! We had a 2 bedroom in the Key West Villas! The master has a California king, jacuzzi tub and entry to the deck, which runs the entire length of the unit. Second bedroom has two twin beds and entrance to the second bathroom. Kitchen, wet bar (all with granite countertops), dining room and living room. Flat screen TVs on each room. Our building has it's on pool. This resort has that old Florida feel. Right across the street from the private beach. Activities, Tiki Bar, has it all. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Upon checking in late on Friday evening, we enjoyed our accomodations and the view was very nice overlooking the room because we were on the 3rd floor of the Key West building. Unfortunately, my friend when to check out the snack basket left in our kitchen, that had popcorn, coffee, and a lemonade packet in it, and found little bugs scattering everyone in the snack basket and along the kitchen counter. We immediately called the front desk and asked to switch rooms. Ruben, the front desk clerk, was very accomadating and switched us rooms very quickly. I did also request to switch to a room that had a queen bed in the 2nd bedroom instead of 2 twins since my friend is 5'3 and her feet were even hanging off the bed, but this request was ignored. If you would like this type of room with a King in the Master and a Queen or Double in the 2nd bedroom, ask to stay in teh Cabana towers instead of the Key West towers is what I was told. Upon entering our 2nd room, we had a nasty tissue laying on the floor in 2nd bathroom, a dead roach in the kitchen floor and it looked like someone had dumped a sand bucket had been dumped into our sink. We were both so tired at this point, though, we just kept the room as is, but these are basic housekeeping things that need to be looked at more thoroughly. There were two other issues with the room. One is there seem to be some hole in my bathroom window because I kept have fresh mosquitos that came through my bathroom and out into my bedroom. I would wake up with huge bites and would be killing 2 to 3 a day. This was extremely annoying! Also, in my friend's room, there were no darkening curtains, so the street light outside glared into her room all night long and caused it to be almost daylight in her room throughout the evening. We did enjoy the pools especially the pool by the ocean, but wish they would trip the bushes, so you could see the ocean when you were sitting in the chairs at the pool.

I would not recommend AWS Watersports as a company to use. We booked Jet Skis through them, and we could not do them the first day because of weather, but the 2nd day we had the sun shining and no one showed up for our appointment. We called their phone # and got their voicemail. They had both my friend and I's contact information and we never received a phone call about having to cancel our appointment. Their services are right out on the beach outside of this resort, but they are not very responsible about Customer Service.

The other thing that bothered me is this resort has no beach chairs for their guests to use. You have to pay AWS Watersports to rent chairs, and I just do not think this is taking care of your guests. Most people fly to Florida for vacation, so bringing their own chair is not an option, so the resort should provide that service.

We did love the Tiki Bar and it being so convenient to the Main Pool. It was very spacious and set-up nicely. Lisa and Doug were awesome as bartenders. We had them on Saturday and their personalities and drink suggestions were right on point! Michelle, on the other hand, who served us drinks on Monday was extremely rude and opened the bar 15 minutes late. From what Guest Services told me, she is the typical bartender, too, so that is even scarier!

The Salty Dog Cafe that is on property is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch. There isn't much else to eat around the property within walking distance, so having this on property was great. The food was good and reasonably priced. The owner was super nice!

I just want to give a major shout-out to Ruben!! He did everything he could do make our stay enjoyable. He got us drink tickets to the Tiki Bar because of the pain we dealt with in switching rooms. Also, he made many good recommendations for food and drinks that helped us know the best places to go.

Overall, we had a good time, but I expect a certain level of service and cleanliness from a Wyhdham location and I just did not get that from this property. It really disappoints me that I read so many good reviews about it and did not seem to get the same experience others did when I went. I hope this review can help the resort and help others looking for a place to stay in Pompano Beach.

Room Tip: If I went again, I would stay in the Cabana Buildings, so we could be closer to everything.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends