“Lacking security. Noisy.”

Wyndham Sea Gardens
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This could be a very nice resort but, my experience here is that the security is lacking in that they don't enforce the "quite time" that they publish. We had a seven night stay with rude and obnoxious people hanging out at the pool after hours. No response from the staff when you call but lip service. It's too bad because if it wasn't for this I would consider staying here again. So unless your big beer drinking partier I would not come here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve D
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We appreciate the feedback regarding security on property. Our guests should feel comfortable and relaxed when staying at our resort. Please know we do have security officers on site to enforce our policies. We are sorry we were unable to fully resolve the noisy guests near the pool. Please rest assured we’ll be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Thanks for making us aware.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Sea Gardens

Reviewed 25 April 2014

First, I question the validity of many of the other reviews. Unless people are just accustomed to staying in sub-par properties, I guess they would view this as a nice resort. I'm not going to go into all the issues -- but it's an old facility (got the feel of an old motel that was remodeled), crowded, noisy, staff that feels like they're really just putting in a day at work, concierge staff that was more than aggressive at check in to get us to attend a sales meeting, etc. Trust me, I've been to many RCI resorts and I am generally not that critical and am forgiving most of the time. But, this place, especially first impressions driving up to what looks like an old hotel and dealing with the aggressive "sales" team who would not let go (who I then felt I had to avoid all week), should make you think twice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Drew M
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Sea Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi Drew,

We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the room and resort accommodations. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home by providing a variety of accommodations and amenities onsite. Please know we are always working to improve our property. It is disappointing to hear about your interaction with the resort staff, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in. We know that while on vacation it is imperative that our guests are treated well. Please do not hesitate to contact management while onsite to address any of your concerns so we can address them immediately. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The two bedroom, two bath and a pull-out couch was very spacious and quiet. The full kitchen and washer/dryer was the icing on the cake! Although I couldn't hear the ocean, the balcony and window in Master bedroom gave a fantastic view. The pools were very nice and the beach was just across the street!

My only complaint was with the Tiki bar: the female bartender was stingy and blatantly differential to certain male customers. The male bartender was very fair, which of course, made her actions much more obvious!

Room Tip: East facing will give you a view of the ocean.
2  Thank labrat4x4
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We loved Pompano Sea Gardens at Wyndham. Right from the start we were treated like royalty from Becky at the front desk. She was so sweet and she explained to us that our 2 adjacent rooms for our family of 5 (3 teens) was going to be like sitting in a tropical rainforest outside of our balcony. We loved everything about our spacious rooms to our kitchens, duo bathrooms and spacious beds. Everything is so close, the beach, the daily and nightly activities. If this place had 10 stars, I would rate it an 11. We are definitely going to come back here again and again. The beach was also clean and every one here is so friendly. Southern hospitality at its finest. Bravo to everyone at Wyndham Sea Gardens for making us feel like Royals!!

Room Tip: Great Location. Family friendly. Tennis. Excellent Spas. You will feel like you are in a Tropical Ra...
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my family last week. I was so impressed with the resort. The employees were very nice and accommodating. The resort was beautiful. The activities were diverse. The water treatments throughout the resort were so nice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CWellons
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have stayed at this property on numerous occasions. This time it was to celebrate my niece's birthday and this property was a hit with the kids! They spent all afternoon in the pool and jacuzzi and the 2 bedroom was very spacious to accommodate all of us. I especially love the seclusion of the entrance. Although further from the beach, the high floor and wide balcony made it worth the stay, it truly felt exclusive. The only concern that I had was that front desk and housekeeping communication was not the best when additional towels and change of sheets were requested. It took a couple calls downstairs to the front desk to get what we needed correct.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane A
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our first time to the Sea Gardens, upon first arrival my kids were not exactly excited as the exterior - does not shout "vacation time were here and were staying someplace fabulous".
However, that being said - once inside we were all surprised, the courtyard area is fantastic; they always have activities right here a the resort.
They are having a grill out of some sort each day, varies each day - priced from $7 to $8 per serving.

Yes the resort is older, but is clean overall; the staff that we spoke with all seemed very nice, and very helpful..

We were on the ocean side, North Cabanas-
stayed in a 1 bedroom studio poolside, which for (3) of us that was perfect.
We had easy access to the court yard, pool, and Tiki Bar area.
The beach is across the street, and was very, very easy to get to.

Is this the Taj Mahal of resorts? - No;
if your looking for a 1st class - up scale resort this is NOT it.
if your looking for a comfortable, kick back - relax, feel the sun, let the kids room place - this is it!
(my son is Autistic (15) I usually don't let him roam about on his own, I felt very comfortable letting him walk around the premises multiple times, even during the evening hours.)

Is it clean? Yes
Was it comfy and inviting? Yes
Would we stay here again? Absolutely
Do need a car to get around? - YES