“Spectacular!”

Wyndham Sea Gardens
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We booked the Sea Gardens through sky auction and got a great rate of $230 for a week in a one bedroom unit. When we arrived we waited in line about 15 minutes and got our room keys. We stayed in the waterfalls units north. Our unit had a nice living room/dining combo, with a full kitchen, one bedroom and bath. A nice large balcony with french doors leading from the bedroom and a door to the same balcony from the living room. Nice tile floors easy to keep clean, and carpet in the bedroom. Our balcony overlooked the courtyard with it's beautiful landscaping and folliage. There were 4 swimming pools to choose from, and of course the ocean. We spent alot of time on the beach and swimming in the warm water of the ocean. It was nice staying the first week of october, because the property was probably about one third full. They have a nice tiki bar, and they organize some activities during the week to choose from. I would rate this place 3 to 4 stars. Very clean, friendly, not the ritz, but we didn't pay for the ritz either. We will definitely be returning next year, What a bargain. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit apprehensive, but once we arrived we were very happy. If you book a unit avoid booking the hotel units, they are very small, but the studio and one bedroom units are very roomy. We have stayed at many wyndham properties, this is one of our favorites since it is located right across the street from the ocean. The studio bldgs are on the ocean front, so if that's what you want book a studio, but the balconies on studios are very small, standing room only.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twoguys
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Sea Gardens

Reviewed 8 October 2009

Booked this trip last minute, didnt know much about the property and took a chance. Very happy surprise! Stayed in the Palm Tower building. Had a 2 bedroom suite, very large rooms. Master bedroom had 2 person jacuzzi. Balcony over looked the inter-coastal. Kitchen was fully stocked. There are several pools, but no kiddie pools. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and the beach is right there.
There is not much to do in walking distance, you do need a car.The area is very quiet almost felt as if no one was there.
Cons -No free internet services and TVs are outdated.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank NYCTravelQueen
Reviewed 16 September 2009

My husband and I along with his brother and wife stayed at Wyndham Sea Gardens the 2nd week of September (the rainey season). The weather actually wasn't too bad, if you don't mind the humidity. Ours was a very large 2BR unit in the tall Ocean Palms Bldg,
( farthest from the beach, but the walk through the center garden area was very nice and only about 3 minutes to the beach)

The property is very lush and pretty with tropical plants, fountain & ponds, a tiki hut and sitting areas through out the central area, along with 2 pools & 2 hot tubs. There are 2 more pools - one on an adjacent section and one accross the road, next to the beautiful expansive beach. (Pools are different temperatures for those who like it warm or cool).

Our unit had huge rooms, very clean, all supplies for laundry, D.W., toiletries provided.
Beds were super comfy, but, we never checked out the pull-out sofa bed. The kitchen was well stocked with all cookwear & dishes including oversized cups & bowls! (Grocery store just 5 minutes away) Linen exchange once during the week, no maid service unless you want to pay extra. A broom & dust pan was in the closet to sweep up the sand we managed to track in from the beach onto the tile floors.

The staff was helpful and pleasant for the most part. The timeshare sales pitch was something we could have passed on, too long and hard to get away from, but we ended up with some gas money, so it wasn't a total loss.

There are some real fun things to do: Snorkel, Jet Ski, parasail right on site; 15 to 25 minutes away: Jungle Queen Harbor Tours, Everglades Holiday Park airboat rides, Boomers mini golf and exciting wooden roller coaster. Or take a 3 hr drive to Key West,
the drive is a must! ( The condo offers many tours if you don't want to drive).

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tln3311
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I have stayed at 3 out of the 4 Wyndham resorts in the Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach area and so far, this ranks the lowest. I was visit Ft. Lauderdale just for the pool, beach and the sun. I stayed as a guest of an owner. The owners happen to be my parents, who had checked into a studio deluxe in the Ocean View North building adjacent to the pool and on the beach, a few hours prior. They were on the 4th floor, with a wonderful view of the ocean, however; the balcony is only wide enough to go out and stand. The air conditioning in their room was not working and someone was sent up to fix the problem. The room was a nice size for a studio, with a sofa, table, dining room table and chairs, and a half kitchen, with a large refrigerator, dishwasher and stove. The bed was only a double bed. The tv was a nice size flat panel. The bathroom only had one sink, but had a stackable washer and dryer and a jetted tub.

I had no problems upon my check-in, despite the fact that they wanted a credit card, I suppose for incidentals. I know this is common practice at hotels, but being that we are staying at a resort, I told her I did not have a credit card available, and the check-in proceeded smoothly. My room was in the South Waterfalls tower, right next to the jacuzzi. The grounds surrounding the area I was in are beautiful and are definitely kept impeccable. I was on the ground floor in a hotel studio. The decor is in need of updating. I had a half kitchen, with a small refrigerator, four burners for the stove on the countertop, and a microwave. I had a king sized bed, which I did not find to be comfortable, but I like a matress that is more firm. There was a mirrored wall behind the bed and my tv was probably no bigger than 15 inches. I had a table and chairs and a wardrobe for hanging clothes. My bathroom was much larger and had a large, very nice open shower. I also had a double sink vanity. Overall, most of these complaints are cosmetic (besides the A/C not working).

We spoke with the concierge who was very friendly. She set up a 'survey update' for Wyndham owners, one for my parents, and one for me as I am a discovery VIP owner. My presentation lasted about 90 minutes and I received $100 worth of American Express gift cards, which was well worth it to me. I did not particularly care for the guy that I had the 'update' with, but I have not had all bad presentation experiences.

The real trouble arises when you talk about the pool/beach area. The pool is supposed to be for resort owners and guests only. There needs to be some better system in making sure that it is maintained as much as possible. The first day of sun in Florida, my mom and I sat out at the pool and watched as a group of people on the pool deck started getting larger and larger. It was apparent that they were not resort owners or guests as they had coolers full of beer and liquor, A PACK-N-PLAY, and multiple people with multiple kids. Until it was all said and done, there were probably close to 25 people, kids included. My mom called the resort to verify that the pool area is supposed to be for owners and guests only, and they did confirm this. We let them know that there was a rather larger party of people who were clearly not staying at the resort and were occupying the pool area. They said they would send someone over. The group ended up driving to the Walmart and buying food to cook on the grill, and then one of the guys started to become loud and obnoxious when he realized he would like to find a place to plug his boombox in. They started asking guests at the resort if they could use an electric outlet in their room to hang their extension cord and use it to connect to the boombox. They finally said that they unplugged the pool filter to plug it in. It sat right next to where our chairs were. We were so irritated that we left the pool area and walked to the lobby, informing the concierge of what was going on. They seemed shocked when we told them and said they would send security, however; we noticed at 10pm that night, the group was still occupying that area, and had been since early that morning. So they either have a connection with someone in security, or security did not bother to go speak to them. Throughout our whole stay, there were many people who seemed to find their way to the pool area, and were not resort guests (which is currently shown by using the resort towel, which you must get by showing a card that you receive at check-in. When you return the towel, you get the card back and then you must return the card at check-out). I also noticed a group of people who parked their car in the Wyndham parking lot outside of the office, but did not have a Wyndham parking tag, and then used the walkway to access the beach, which that one section is supposed to be for owners and guests only, as well. There needs to be either a bracelet system, as I think some of the other resorts have implemented, or better security, but there definitely should be some improvement.

Overall, I did not feel the service at this hotel was reflective of Wyndham properties, as I have stayed at many. The staff you come across on the property do not seem overly welcoming or helpful. When the girl at the check-out desk asked me how my stay was, I told her that it was not that great and I enjoy the other properties in the area better. All she had to say was "I'm sorry to hear that."

I have been to Palm Aire multiple times and despite the fact that it is further from the beach, there are many activities, multiple pools, and much to do in the resort area. On the trip before this one, we stayed at the Santa Barbara and that has become my favorite, even though you are not directly on the beach, but are across the street. I have not stayed at Royal Vista, but did get to tour the resort on a presentation, and I would most likely stay there as well.

When given a survey after my stay, I informed them of my stay and my problems with service. They sent the same 'default' letter to me as well as my mom saying that they were sorry and hoped we would stay again. One other thing to make mention of is the fact that the internet access in the lobby computer is $0.35 a minute, whereas, you can use Royal Vista or Santa Barbara's computer access free of charge. I do not remember about the computer access at Palm Aire. I will NOT be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank Italianmami5_11
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Enjoyed my stay at Sea Gardens with a few reservations. Had a 2 bedroom deluxe which was large and spacious. Marble floors in the kitchen, being on the 8th floor I had a lovely view looking down onto the pool and looking out onto the Ocean.

It’s a short walk to the beach where the walk brings you through the most beautiful grounds with waterfalls and lush greenery. I saw 3 pools, with 1 pool being right on the ocean front, you literally get out the pool, walk say 10 steps and your feeling the sand on your feet. Beautiful.

Now for the room – although roomy and spacious I felt the rooms could do with some deep cleaning as although they didn’t look paticuarly old, they looked used and ‘worn in’ I felt the carpets and furniture could just do with a steam clean, it just has a somewhat ‘scummy’ appearance.

Although tastefully decorated, the kitchen and lounge area did look just a litte outdated, I'm sure say 10 yrs ago the look would have been classed as 'topnotich'. Also the bathroom was confusing, as this was fairly swanky but then had some green tiled shower with a shower curtain, all that being said it was clean and did the job.

Every thing was great and bearable until I started getting a few bites here and their – nasty. I tried not to let this affect my stay, I was only their for 3 days and wanted to enjoy my time, I got bitten on my 2nd night their.

There is a well equipped gym room. Car parking is available on the 1st 3 floors of the Ocean Palms building and the rest of the building is made up of apartments, so if you don’t like lifts or heights make sure you room is on floor 3 as that’s where they start, unless you request another building.

Beach Towels are not readily available you either have to ring and ask for them to be brought up before you go out, or get them from the activities building which is a short walk, and abit of an inconvience if you just wanna go the Ocean Palms pool.

I'm trying to be fair about Sea Gardens cause overall its a lovely resort, with so much going for it, I don't wanna really put anyone off, as apart from the bites, my stay was good.
I stayed at Wyndham Palm Aire last year, and that resort is much nicer, although the Sea Gardens is nice, I would probably try the other 2 resorts that are in the area.

I will still recommend it to anyone else though.....
You will need a car if you stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank cantwaitformehol
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed here just after the '08 elections. We stayed in the high rise to the rear of the complex, which was okay. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon. When we arrived at our unit, we noticed a banner on the door of the condo next door that read: "The party is here." Never a good sign! When we entered our room, it was hot and stuffy, and we immediately turned on the AC. When we went to bed that night, we had to open the windows because it was so hot in the room, and at midnight the party started next door. There was banging, yelling, loud talking and extremely loud, pounding music.
Around 1:00AM, we called security, and they tried to break things up.
At 1:30AM it started again, and when security arrived this time, they emptied out the unit, and we counted 35 people leaving. . . . . well over the occupancy limit of the condo! The people returned again, and partied until 6:00AM, despite security's best effort. They even called in the Broward Co. Sheriff's office to no avail. The officers who arrived knew the party-goers, and let them slide. We got no sleep that night or the following three nights due to all the noise. We complained multiple times to management and it fell on deaf ears. On Tues. morning we ran into one of board of directors at the pool, made our complaints known to him, and within hours, we were moved across the street to the Key West Units where peace prevailed. Spring breakers must love this place. If you want to relentlessly party with no restraint, make all the noise you want, then this is the place for you!!
Otherwise, stay away!! It took 3 days to get the AC fixed, the management is weak and unconcerned, and security is only as good as management allows. We will never, ever, ever, ever stay at a Wyndham resort again. Incidentally, we did make our dissatisfaction known to Wyndham while we were there, but it was never followed up until we returned home. STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2techs
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Out first trip to Pompano and Wyndham Sea gardens. We stayed in a studio appartment with half kitchen. The apartment was clean smaller than expected but the beach and garden area made up for it. Our room did not have the best view (parking lot) and no balcony...but beach and staff were great. Next time I would be sure to book a suite, juts to have more room. Over all 7/10.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple