Wyndham Sea Gardens
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
US$140
Hotels.com
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$124
Travelocity
Sea Horse Motel(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
The Palms On Ocean(Pompano Beach)
US$89
US$87
Sea Steps Suites(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
Surfside Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
US$189
Hotwire.com
Wyndham Palm-Aire(Pompano Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the streetkey westpools and hot tubstimeshare pitchfull kitchentime sharedeluxe studiowasher dryerocean sideparking garagebedroom unittennis courtsbeach towelswyndham propertiesactivity centertiki hutpompano beach area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Scheduled check in/out May 8-15, 2010. Though I arrived very early (around 8:30 a.m.) my room was ready and I was able to check in. I found EVELYN and BEVERLY (Front Desk) extremely upbeat all the time and so helpful my entire stay.

My original room was clean, but small with a king bed. As my friend was going to join me I requested something larger. WOW! The 1BR we were assigned had a pull out, large dining area, full kitchen, washer and dryer and a nice balcony for people watching. Our accomodations were clean and stocked with dishes/pots, etc.

Much to do and see on the property (activities) with staff always visable and helpful with questions and suggestions. Attend the Welcome on Monday and many of your questions and options will be addressed. KAY, an Activities Coordinator, is nothing shy of a "jack of all trades". I saw her wearing several hats - all very well and with that huge smile of hers! I suggest the plant tour with MR. FRANK on Thursday mornings. He not only knows the property's plants, but will provide insight on uses of some of them.

Although there is no restaurant on site there is a bakery on premises with coffee, sodas and fresh, wonderful pastries and sandwiches at reasonable prices (thanks "FRIEND-GIRL") that I strongly suggest you consider - especially when around the pool (you have access to several pools there on the property and access to the Wyndham properties very close by) or before hitting the Tiki Bar. SUNNY, the barkeep, is delightful, friendly and full of suggetions for alternate entertainment..

Loads of options for eating and entertainment nearby. The city bus comes right by on a regular basis that will get you all over the area ($3.50 all day pass). As in a previous review, be careful crossing A1A - drivers are somewhat reluctant to stop and allow you to cross.

For those of you that didn't like the accommodations before: It's my understanding there will be renovations going on very soon. I'd suggest you give it a try again... Great place. I plan to return.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelnamin
Reviewed 17 May 2010

When we first made these reservations, we were put in a 2 bedroom unit because we had guests coming for the weekend. This room was in the older section & it was terrible. There was no way we would have had a good time in this really outdated unit! The front desk was more than accommodating and moved us over to a recently renovated building that was gorgeous! Our unit was on the 10th floor and had beautiful views of the waterways. We sat on the balcony for hours watching boats go past. I also have to say that the Tiki bar was awesome! The prices are reasonable as long as you stick to the daily specials and they do mix the drinks strong! Service in every area of this hotel was top notch from the front desk to the bartenders to the cleaning and ground maintenance crews. I would definitely recommend to anyone as long as you stay in one of the newer sections. On a brighter note, they do plan to renovate the old building we saw first whenever the budget allows!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrieh82
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Last minute bargain purchase from Ebay for a week-long stay in a One BR Deluxe in the Ocean Palms building. We arrived before check-in and were promptly given a ready room. The front desk staff was great. Our room was huge! A large bedroom with balcony access, a king-size bed. The large jacuzzi in the bedroom was awesome and relaxing. The bathroom was huge! We had a washer-dryer in the full-sized kitchen. The sofa bed in the living room was comfy, too. Lots of planned activities if you like that...
No noise at night despite lots of families there for Spring Break. The resort grounds are beautiful and well-landscaped. No negatives for us!
The pools were nice, but the lounge chairs were taken early. Didn't matter, though, as we were on the beach every day! We would definitely go here again!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank janniree57
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Good things 1st:
We arrived early (11AM) and since our room was clean, we were able to check in then. Nice studio room with a full kitchen. New appliances and plenty of nice cookware. We cooked and ate in alot. There was a washer & dryer in our unit. Didn't expect that. Our view was great overlooking the pool and the beach. Nice flatscreen TV and DVD player. There are several pools but the one that's beachfront is not heated. We had bicycles with us and it's a nice bike ride as long as you head North. Roads get busier the further South you head. We biked from the resort up to Boca Raton almost every day. This resort has several buildings. Some older, some newer. We just happened to luck out with a newer bldg on the beach. Be careful crossing A1A. Even though there's a crosswalk, 90% of cars do not stop for pedestrians, even though it's a state law.
Here's a few non-positive things.
1.When I called in advance and asked if there was a computer in the lobby for guests to use (I didn't want to bring mine if I could avoid it) I was told yes, but it wasn't til I arrived that I was told there was a charge for the use of it. We did have free access to the computers at another nearby (15 minute walk) Wyndham.
2. Would have been nice to have a dresser in the room. 2 small drawer in the TV stand and 3 smaller drawers in the bathroom vanity wasn't much room for clothes for 2 people on a weeks vacation. Housekeeping provided extra hangers 2 minutes after we requested them.
3. Nice to be able to hang out and use the facilites, for a few hours, after check out, and have access to the shower room to wash off the sun lotion and sand before getting on the plane. Would have been nicer if the showers had hot water.
4. Floor was gritty upon arrival, but they promptly cleaned it after we told them about it.
5. Garbage disposal was clogged. It wasn't a necessity for us, so I didn't report it until we checked out.
6. Saw same trash on ground, all week, under our sliding glass door.
7. We were told paper and bottles/cans/plastic containers were to be recycled. We separated our recyclables, but could not find a bin to put them in. (I had seen a bin earlier n the week, but when I went to use it, it had been moved.) No one at the resort knew exactly where to put them either. Noticed cleaning staff putting old telephone directories into trash bins (not recycling)
8. Even though there were posted signs asking people NOT to reserve pool lounge chairs with towels, they did so anyway. I swam laps every early AM and one day I counted 15 saved lounge chairs and not 1 person sitting in them. Frustrating for those of us who come to the pool later and were unable to get a chair.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trishrides
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Beware! I reviewed the pictures and comments, but was totally unprepared for our accomodations. We rented a two bedroom condo for Spring Break. I was aware that we could possibly be across the street from the beach, but what we got was an old pink motel (in the 1940's style) with a tiny pool in the parking lot! It was not only across the street from the beach, it was more than a half a block inland. The properties on the beach side were not Wyndham properties, so there was no way to walk to the beach. I felt like we booked a Wyndham condo, but they gave us a Motel 6. We immediately cancelled our reservation and went somewhere else. It looked like the Wyndham Royal Vista would be much better, as it is all beachside.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family