“Great Authentic BBQ”
Review of Blue Willy's Barbecue - MOVED

Blue Willy's Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This really is a hole in the wall. But it's great.
It's like a food truck but in a restaurant.
I had Brisket and Ribs and loved them both.
This wasn't a franchise type of BBQ joint it was BBQ made with love.
You choose your food and when it's ready pick up your tray and go share a table .
It's busy and parking is a problem but it was with the 30 mile drive and I can't wait to go back

1  Thank Jeffc1948

Reviewed 4 August 2014

They say if the BBQ is made right you don't need to put sauce on it. I've never tasted their sauce and have take out there two or three times a month.

1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went for lunch with my brother on Thursday which is the only day that Blue Willy's serves house cured pastrami. There was a line out the door when we arrived and it continued until we left. Pastrami served on rye bread, onion roll, or regular roll with a choice of deli mustard and Cole slaw on the sandwich. The pastrami is mouth-watering, flavorful, tender, and moist.

Can wait to go back and try some of Willy's other dishes, pulled pork, brisket, sausage, chicken, and St. Louis ribs.

Definitely you must go to Blue Willy's in a storefront on South Federal Hwy in Pompano Beach just north of the Ft Lauderdale line.

1  Thank Rschagrin
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

After a morning of educational training, my friend took us to this hole in the wall, AWESOME BBQ joint! Great prices! True BBQ! Plenty of food but not parking. The empty psychic place and polish deli have them "marked off" with threats to tow. There was no one getting their palms read and maybe 3 people in the deli. Can't we all just get along? Anyway... I live in south Ft Laud. And will drive up here to get BBQ again!!!

1  Thank Nissenfamily3
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not an over supply of parking and you will have to wait on line a bit (when crowded) to place your order. You are here for the food and not the ambiance. Picnic style tables create a feeling that you are at an indoor picnic.

This is a Texas style BBQ menu and you have the choice of ordering a platter which includes 2 sides, or a sandwich on an onion roll served a la carte. I was here twice and I had a brisket platter on first visit and a pulled pork on onion roll on second visit. Meat is very tender and packed with flavor...........if you feel the need to add sauce you may do so at the table. Sides that I enjoyed included bbq beans and the slaw.

My wife ordered the ribs on both visits and was very satisfied on her choice. Be aware that these are not baby backs............but excellent, just the same.

We will be back.

Very well priced for what you get.

2  Thank Fastfreddie