“Charming place on Atlantic”
Review of La Veranda

La Veranda
Ranked #69 of 363 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family,friends,groups,corporate, outside italian courtyard
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My first trip to La Veranda was definately a positive one. We sat in the courtyard which was lovely and very private. I worried that the traffic would be a problem but I hardly noticed it. My shrimp dish was very good and Tira Misu was wonderful. I was surprised they didn't have a wine list.

Kenny was an excellent server and I believe the owner stopped by our table.

There are newer reviews for La Veranda

Reviewed 18 May 2013

La Veranda has been an integral part of our family life for the 38 years it has been in business. The owners are to be commended for their personal involvement in every aspect of this wonderful restaurant. The food is fresh and made to order- we especially enjoy the lobster and shell fish marinara. (Lobster is not always on he menu, but the owners will secure it if you call in advance.) We have celebrated every special occasion at La Veranda and we look forward to their 40th anniversary coming up in two years.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We live within a few miles of this restaurant, and have probably eaten here 25+ times. We often go here with friends from our south Florida area or with those visiting us. I didn't think to compliment this restaurant before, because it is so familiar.
It is the place we go to when:
*We can't decide on what we want
*We don't want to wait in line at another place when we don't know if will be good
*We want a good meal, good service, warm attitudes, no pretense, good ambiance, good prices
*We want a place that is welcoming & friendly
*We want to get there before our friends & have wine & cheese/olive plate at the bar
*We want to be greeted as if we are there every week, even if we're not
To sum it up...We love LaVeranda. It is the single restaurant we would miss the most if it weren't there anymore. I'm sorry it took me this long to recognize it! :)

Reviewed 23 March 2013

My wife and I celebrated her birthady on March 20 th by havining dinner at La Veranda in Pomoano Beach. Not to my surprise, the experience and food was the best. I am acutely aware of the ingredience they use in their cooking because I research most of the restaurants I attend due to a very fussy stomach! Again the food was excellent, the service top notch and topped of with a real cup of expresso with Sambuca, our experience was truly noteworthy.
We'll be back !

Reviewed 20 March 2013

There were 9 of us and we sat on the veranda, which is so beautifully decorated. Friends of ours raved about this restaurant, and it was everything they described. The service was fantastic, our waiter was so nice. The wine selection was good, the appetizers were fantastic and the meal itself was authentic italian cuisine. I'm italian and normally don't eat at italian restaurants because I eat the food all the time. But I was very impressed and I will definitely go again when I come back to Florida. The quality and quantity of food that we recieved is something to talk about. You will not be disappointed.