When we arrived, we had to clean the cottage. There was mold in the shower, black dust on the counters and chairs and dirt on the floors.
The towels are stained and not very clean - previous tenants are required to do the laundry.
The remote for the TV does not work, you have to manually change channels and volume control at the TV for any changes.
The air conditioner leaks water and the couch receives water stains accordingly - be careful and document everything before you settle in... afterall you are responsible for all cleaning, laundry and of course, you are required to provide a "departure" cleaning fee $75 for anything you may have missed (even if it wasn't clean).
Bottom line, this cottage was represented as a "white glove" place to live and it was the farthest thing from living at home... even though the manager likes to portray herself as the home away from home.
In twenty years of travel - this is the worst place I have ever stayed. It was dirty, moldy and not comfortable in any way.
Hopefully after several reviews, "Trip Advisor" will publish this review. It will appear that Trip Advisor only publishes reviews in favor of the property and new sales. If an honest review cannot be posted, then how can any person trust the site that represents the product.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming complex of six fully restored 1940s studio and one-bedroom cottages is nationally rated as a Superior Small Lodging. It's less than two blocks from our award-winning beach with lifeguards, lighthouse and fishing pier. Enjoy all the comforts of home with king beds, full kitchens, free Internet, BBQ and laundry facilities, screened porches overlooking tropical gardens. Cottages by the Ocean is a small, well-kept property of charming Key West-style studio and one-bedroom cottages. We are a White Glove award-winner and nationally rated as a Superior Small Lodging. Each restored 1940s cottage has a full kitchen, king or queen bed and sleeper sofa, lush, tropical garden views, large screened-in porches or open patio, private BBQ grills, with a central sundeck and coin laundry on site. The Cottages are centrally located on a quiet street in the safe, ocean side community of Pompano Beach, 15 minutes North of downtown Fort Lauderdale and 15 minutes South of Boca Raton. They are less than two blocks from one of South Florida's award-winning Blue Wave beaches (with life guards), and a short walk to dozens of restaurants, shops, nightspots, public fishing pier, snorkel/dive boats, charter fishing boats, jet ski and boat rentals, gym, day spa, drug store, gourmet fish market and more. It’s a five-minute drive to the new Pompano CitiCenter shopping mall, movie theaters, tennis and aquatics complex, dog park, air park for private planes and the Good Year Blimp base, 36-hole golf facility and driving range. The new ISLE Casino (smoke-free), next door to Pompano Harness Track, is a 15-minute drive. I-95 is a 10-minute drive for easy access to all South Florida business centers, shopping and attractions.Very clean, quiet and comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cottages by the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages By The Ocean Hotel Pompano Beach
- Cottages By The Ocean Pompano Beach, Florida