“One word. Gross.”

The Riverside Grille
Ranked #109 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Formerly Joe's Riverside Grille, The Riverside Grille boasts its fresh, high-quality fare. Located at the Sands Harbor Resort & Marina, you can enjoy waterfront dining with our breathtaking vistas of the intracoastal. Now open at 11:00 am for lunch. Enjoy our free wi-fi for your internet needs. We anticipate your visit and the opportunity to serve you!
New Milford, Connecticut
“One word. Gross.”
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

We asked our hotel for a recommendation of somewhere close and decent to eat dinner several nights ago. They said if we like Houston's (a local high end steak house) that we would also enjoy the Riverside Grill. Awesome. We were seated promptly. The decor was tacky complete with dusty fake flowers and exposed flame candles. But we didn't come here to smell the fake flowers so let's move on. I had to send both of our waters back because mine had dirt in it and there was lipstick on my husbands glass. I ordered the Mahi-Mahi grilled. It was drenched with dried spices, the vegetables were soggy and my potato was drowning in oil infused rosemary . Still hungry, I ordered dessert. The warm apple pie ala mode came out still frozen. Once the chef re-microwaved it, it was warm and average. Another charming feature I forgot to mention were the flickering lights throughout our meal. I was expecting to see a camera crew pop up at any moment because I felt like I was on "restaurant impossible". Needless to say, stay away.

2 Thank l0ve_2_c_stuff

Rhinebeck, New York
“Hidden Romantic Spot”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant 8 years ago recommended by our hotel concierge and thought it was delicious. I thought we would try it again. I love the fact you have outdoor seating with a beautiful view of the intracoastal. Also ,its nice to be in Pompano, where it is more relaxing than down town Fortlauderdale. I ordered the Zuppa di pesce with saffron, it was delicious. My husbands dish, was bland, he should have ordered the zuppa de pesce, the same dish I ordered 8 years ago, I like to stick with a good thing!

• Visited January 2013
E-town Pa.
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Good food and lots of it. A little pricey, but worth it. A boardwalk on the river just off the patio. Get there early or you won't get in

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mike C
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Feb 2013 visit”
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

We visit this area every year from Denver Colorado. We visit the Riverside Grille each visit. We told our Waiter we visit this
place each year. We told him we had two new members with us. We ask what the specials were?. He really had no clue about the menu. He was not friendly and had that upper East coast, NY or Jersey attitude. I guess next time, we will not visit the Riverside. I talked this place up to our new visitors, but was embarrassed by our Waiter.

Food is great, service dirt poor.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very, very disappointed in the service.”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I took my sister to the Riverside Grille when we were on vacation. I had been there previously and wanted to show her a place that I absolutely loved on my last trip. She and I enjoyed our food- my salmon was well-prepared. My sister, however, was not fully pleased with her meal of scallops when she had specifically asked for it to be prepared in a certain way. The waiter said that my sister was mistaken and did not offer to take the food back to be re-prepared, nor did he offer any type of discount or anything to rectify the situation. As an employee in the food service business, it was embarrassing that the waiter took the customer's word as guilty until proven innocent; isn't the customer supposed to be always right? In the end, the service we received did NOT match up for the very pricey bill I paid. We will not be returning to this place. There are too many other restaurants in the area that would treat us better than our experience here.

• Visited March 2012