We are not owners, but were renters. We were at the La Costa for 2 weeks and this was the closest to the ocean we have ever been. We had an ocean front and it was wonderful sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The beach was so close, I actually could have tossed a ball onto the sand. It was not very crowded so we almost had the whole place to ourselves during our stay. The grounds are beautiful. There are 3 quite nice size pools, 2 outdoors, one of those heated and a nice size pool inside with a very lovely sitting area all around. There are several patio areas and 4 grills at 2 different locations. The activity director was very adept in keeping things moving along with the Wii games and karaoke, making it a lot of fun for us.
We had a one bedroom condo which was dated but was large and had all the amenities we could have wanted. A dishwasher and 2 large TV sets was a bonus. The kitchen was fully stocked and they give you enough soaps and tissue to get you started but as with many other time shares we have been to, this is standard. You need to go out and restock. We went to the Dollar Tree just a few miles away and for around $10 got everything we needed. A Walmart is next door to the Dollar Tree and we were set for 2 weeks.
Nick, a very kind and helpful employee came up to the room to help us set the alarm clock so we could be sure and get up our last day to catch our plane. The employees at the linen exchange were a real mix, one time one would be very kind and the next time another could be very rude. Same at the front desk, some were nice others seemed as tho you were bothering them.
But overall, everyone was pretty good.
You really can't walk to any restaurants or stores, so a car is needed, but within 5 miles there are a couple of Walmarts, a wonderful Golden Corral, Ruby Tuesdays, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, a library, the Festival Flea Market, most anything you would want that is reasonable.
We definitely plan on going back and hope the next time it is updated, then it will be perfect instead of just great !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come relax and rejuvenate at La Costa Beach Club Resort, where you will find a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere. Take advantage of the sand and sea or relax in one of our three pools or two hot tubs.Feel like snorkeling or scuba diving? Experience the delight of exploring the vast coral reef just a few hundred yards off our beach.La Costa Beach Club Resort offers 300 feet of private beach. Our rooms include studios, 1-bedroom, 1-bedroom townhouses and 2-bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your La Costa Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Costa Beach Club Hotel Pompano Beach
- La Costa Beach Hotel
- La Costa Beach Club Resort Pompano Beach, Florida