“A hidden gem. Loved it so much we're going back next month!”

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Florida
“A hidden gem. Loved it so much we're going back next month!”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Your experience starts from the moment you check in. We were greeted very nicely and assigned a beautiful room. After walking the grounds for a few minutes you felt as if you had left Florida and arrived on a Caribbean resort. Swaying palm trees, beautiful shrubs, pool bar, swimmings pools, total relaxation. Our room was fabulous with a gorgeous view. We booked three nights and added a fourth. This is the place to go to sit back and relax. Staff is so accomodating and does everything they can to keep you happy. Too tired to get out of bed for breakfast, simply phone down and breakfast will be brought right up to you. Family ordered a fruit platter to be in our room on the day of arrival. The platter was lovely, the fruit outstanding.

We love the Beachcomber and thank them for another perfect vacation.

Helene Birmingham
Punta Gorda, Florida

Room Tip: Ask at the time of reservation.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
954-941-7830, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Thanks for the descriptively positive revew. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you are planning to return soon. We appreciate your business. Thank you.

P.S. Are you in advertising? That review sounded like some great ad copy. :-)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My mother and I just spent five days at the Beachcomber Hotel in Pompano Beach, Florida. It was wonderful. It is old but that added to the charm. The pools are beautiful, The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was very clean, and the grounds are lovely. The beach has a wonderful sandy bottom with no rocks, and one can walk quite a dtstance before encountering a dropoff. The only downside of his well-kept, reasonably priced, quiet property is that one must have a car!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I went to this hotel alone, for a long weekend, to unwind and get some sun. I loved it. The atmosphere is lovely and quiet and exactly the opposite of the big corporate high rise hotels in Miami. Everyone is friendly, guests and staff included. I felt safe, the beach was clean and beautiful, the amenities plentiful and not extraneous. If you want a nightclub and a overpriced spa treatment, this is not the place. If you want to relax, get a great pool/ocean scene, nice food and reasonable prices, go to the Beachcomber. I especially enjoyed the varied choices of rooms. I had a pool front room in the smaller 2-story building. It was comfy and had a great mini-kitchen. And I liked being able to walk up there from the beach in less than 5 minutes and back if need be. I really love the Beachcomber. Going back next week already. Lastly, I live in New York City and don't have a car and not keen to rent cars... flying in to FLL and taking the shuttle was perfect. Everything else I needed was within walking distance. My ONLY complaint would be that the off-site gym is not a close walk and no shuttle/transport is offered.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
954-941-7830, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Thanks for the love. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Boston
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed for three nights in early June to enjoy the beach. If you are looking for a low-key getaway right on the ocean at a great price- this is a wonderful place. It would be hard to find better beach access in such a clean place at a better price.

Our ocean view room was clean, comfortable, and modern with excellent beds. We enjoyed a private balcony looking out over the ocean and pool. Staff were very friendly and courteous, even accommodating our request for a room higher up in the building for an even better view of the ocean. Room Service breakfast was great. Two swimming pools are small but clean. Bar and restaurant are small but offer great sandwiches, salads, and drinks for enjoying poolside. The surrounding area doesn't have much to offer in terms of restaurants and tourism, but you're only a 10 minute drive to Fort Lauderdale and 30 minutes to Miami. Free wifi and parking. Beach and water were perfect.

One tip: bring a beach chair and/or umbrella as they charge for chairs and cabanas on the beach.

Thanks, Beachcomber for a great stay (especially Margaret). We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the very nice review. We realize that folks have many choices when it comes to places to stay when they visit sunny Greater Fort Lauderdale; we greatly appreciate that you chose to stay at the Beachcomber Resort and Villas. Thanks for being our guest.

So glad you were pleased with your overall experience at the resort and took the time to convey your impressions on TripAdvisor. Also appreciate you pointing out one of our valued team members for their good service; we will be sure to give her (another) pat on the back.

We love to hear that you enjoyed the Beachcomber so much that you'll be back. Thank you so much.
new port richey florida
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We arrived for our stay on a Sunday about 1:30 and asked if our room was ready even though check in is at 3:00. We were told our room wasn't ready yet but she would call our cell as soon as it was. She gave us a parking ticket for our car and we went to their tiki bar until our room was ready. Steve was the bartender and we were enjoying the atmosphere, friendly patrons and good drinks. My husband went back to the front desk at 3:00 to see if our room was ready. They apologized and gave us a room upgrade to a corner suite. Beautiful! Everyone we talked to on our trips to the tiki bar said all the rooms were wonderful. This is now my preferred vacation spot and will try to get there as often as possible.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
954-941-7830, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Thanks for the positive review and kind remarks. So glad you've found your place in the sun (and on the beach). Look forward to having back real soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Beachcomber Hotel this year 2011 from Fri. May 6th thru Thurs. May 12th. We started out in a double room on the 3rd floor which I thought was nice but the view was not what I hoped it would be. We put our names in for a room with a single King bed later that day There's a loud, annoying blower on the roof just below the balconys that runs non stop and prevents you from hearing the ocean. Later that night I noticed a cockroach on the bathroom sink!...yes, I killed it! Nasty! My husband said it's just a Florida thing so I didn't mention it to the staff. Anyway, by Sunday the manager told us we could move to a different room on the 7th floor with a king size bed. It was an awesome room with an awesome view! I was very pleased!

Now tho get to the point of my complaint...After we packed and moved our things to the new room I noticed later that I was missing my wrist braces that I have to wear at night for my carpal tunnel syndrome. I called the desk and told the manager that they were left in the bed. She said they would look for them and ask the maid that cleaned the room. Of course the maid said she did not see them. I asked everyone , even the laundry staff. No one acted as if they really cared! How can 2 black 10 inch wrist braces just disappear in just a few hours? My guess was that the maid must think she needed them more than I did. Unfortunately, I suffered a few nights with terrible pain in my hands and arms because of the lack of trustworthy staff there!

~ M.E., Pennsylvania

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank guestonaquest123
We appreciate your feed back; it seems like this review is pretty good but with some issues that we do want to address.

As the summer heats up we've stepped up our pest contol efforts. Although your husband's comments that the Palmetto Bug is common to Florida, we need to know when our guests have an unwanted "pet" in their room. You see these insects are attracted to moisture which may be why you found one in your bathroom sink.

Glad to know we were able to accommodate your request to move rooms and that worked out for you. Yes, we do have a hood system exhaust fan on the building that houses our kitchen and that fan is shut down when the kitchen closes, so it should silent by 10 PM Sunday thru Thursday and by 11 PM on Friday and Saturday. Regret that this is located within earshot of some rooms and not much can be done to eliminate this. We do regularly clean and maintain the hood system to make sure we keep the noise to a minimum.

As for your missing brace for your wrist, the staff did attempt to track it down but came up empty. The majority of our housekeeping staff has been with us for quite a while and we have many more good lost and found stories to tell than bad ones from laptops, jewelery, phone charges, and yes even an iPad was turned in and properly returned recently, so our record is very good. Our houskeeper would not keep any items found left behind in a guest room we have lost and found procedures in place for this very reason. There's a better chance it got accidently discarded; we did not learn about the missing item until the day after the room move. For what it is worth, we too always encourage all of our guest to use the in room safe (which is free of charge to use); always better to take advantage of any added security whether it be at home or on vacation. With all due respect, please do not imply that our housekeepers are not trustworthy; that is just not fair.

We do value your business, take your comments seriously, and do hope you will view the lost but not found matter as an isolated incident and that it will not discourage you from returning to the Beachcomber in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We have just returned from another wonderful three weeks at the Beachcomber Hotel and Villas. As always the friendly and efficient staff have gone a long way to making our holiday so enjoyable. The beachcomber is set right on the beach with wonderful views of the ocean from our room balcony. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the hotel restaurant but ventured out at night to one of the numerous local restaurants where we enjoyed a wide variety of food from steaks, to fresh fish and authentic italian. This hotel is ideal to relax and recharge your batteries whilst soaking up the sun on a sun bed by the pool or lazing in a hammock on the beach. We are already looking forward to returning later in the year.

Jennifer and Brian Down

Room Tip: Best views above third floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennifer_down
Thanks for being one of our valued long term repeat guests. Really appreciate the time you took to post this review and of course your business. We're thrilled that you ranked you most recent visit as tip top and are even more pleased to hear that you are already considering another visit later this year. Your loyalty to the Beachcomber is the ultimate compliment. Thank you very much!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach
Oceans Beach Resort & Suites
Oceans Beach Resort & Suites
#21 of 37 in Pompano Beach
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A No...
#11 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,618 reviews
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,397 reviews

Been to Beachcomber Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!