Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Wyndham Royal Vista(Pompano Beach)
View Hotel
Jasmin Villa Motel(Pompano Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Steps Suites(Pompano Beach)
Surfside Resort(Pompano Beach)
View Hotel
Bahama Beach Club Apartments(Pompano Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Cove Motel(Pompano Beach)
  • Room Service
1,438 results
All reviewsocean frontoceanfront roomlounge chairsacross the streetpool areapalm treeshigher flooran older hotellarge balconygreat view of the oceanking bedtiki hutlauderdale by the seathe entire stafffort lauderdalelove this placebeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was traveling with my kids on credit card points, and apparently since the Beachcomber was not getting revenue from my stay, they assigned me a ground level room. (I was supposed to have an ocean view.) When I asked for a different room, the front desk person clicked through her computer and said she could not give us another room and I would have to speak with the manager in the morning. I got the kids ready for bed and my 7 year old daughter noticed a black spot on the sheets. I flicked a black bug off. She then noticed 2 more on the pillow case. I went back to the front desk and she "found" another room for us on the 3rd floor. This room was nicer, but had a view of the restaurant roof.
Also, the blanket on one bed had the top torn at least 24 inches, which my daughter got her arm tangled up in the 2nd night. And a bathtowel had a threadbare spot about 4" by 18".
NOT impressed. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank suzannecook
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had to make a last minute business trip to Ft. Lauderdale last weekend and I booked an Oceanview balcony room at the Beachcomber. Although we haven't been there for 10 years, we knew what to expect, as we used to stay there frequently.
We were given Room 229, but it did not have a private balcony or a view. I returned to the front desk and the mgr. on duty offered to take $35 off the bill or give us an upgrade to a villa at no extra charge. We chose to stay in 229, since the villa was not as close to the pool, I opted for a 6pm check out the next day and was quoted a rate of $85 for that. When I checked out, the same manager was there and took the $85 off our bill to further make up for not having a balcony room for us. He went ABOVE AND BEYOND for us and I was very impressed!
Our room was very clean and comfortable. It was right by the second floor sundeck, which served us fine as a balcony.
The Beachcomber is a great, affordable hotel, with nice pools on a very nice beach. It is not a 5 star, but Marriott Harbor Beach was $500 per nite, as opposed to the $185 we paid at the Beachcomber, so I was perfectly happy at the Beachcomber.
We will return again when we can stay longer than just overnight, and take advantage of all the Beachcomber has to offer!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

After a lengthy time on the computer searching for good deals I finally just picked up the phone and called this place. Online price quotes were much higher and there was no place to add in a CAA # so I am glad I called directly because the price drop was significant. The man on the other end was helpful, friendly and courteous.
Not knowing what to expect when we drove up to the place we sort of held our breath until we had the chance to see our room. It was perfect! Just what we were hoping for! Room #807 with a view of the pool and the lovely beach! Once settled in we went downstairs to look around and have dinner. We stayed here from Friday - Monday and except for one meal we ate here everyday . The food was perfect. The service was perfect. We went down Sunday night a little later than we realized and once seated we were told the chef had just started closing down but the waitress said she'd go double check. She came back with "No problem! He said he would still cook whatever we wanted!". Now that is service!
Front desk staff were courteous and friendly. The pool/bar staff were awesome! I like drinking Bloody Mary's and the bartender had this amazing concoction he invented and even came out to the lounger I was on to ask me my opinion on the drink!
We thought this place would be a great place to stay before or after or both while waiting for a cruise.
Thumbs up to this place! We will be back!

Room Tip: #807 has an awesome view and is the top floor. Has a beautiful balcony!
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at the Beachcomber last April for a wedding for four nights. We had called and requested an early check-in, but when we arrived it wasn't honored. They asked us to leave and find something to do with our children and bags until they called us when the room was ready. So, we packed everything up and were heading up to a friend's room to crash until they were ready for us, when as we got off the elevator (not even five minutes had passed since leaving the front desk) they called us to tell us our room was ready. What a stupid fiasco. Anyway, we stayed in one of their one-bedroom villas. The villa was nice enough, but we were happy that we knew the people who stayed next to us, as we shared an ouside patio space. We each had our own lounge chair, but it might have been a little weird to lay next to a stranger and try to drink your tropical cocktail and read a book. The villa was pretty small, with a serviceable kitchen and bathroom, but we didn't spend much time there. It definately was not high-end. The beach was awesome, and they provided towel service. You could buy sand toys for the kids. The landscaping was very nice, but at one point one of their workers was making lots of noise early in the morning. The pools were nice, and we reallly appreciated table service at the larger of the two pools. We also loved the tropical drinks at that pool. Too bad the drinks and food at the restaurant were so very overpriced, and the food service was slow. We felt ignored, and almost disliked, by one grumpy waitress both at the pool and in the restaurant--she worked in both places. I think she was just not handling being busy well. The food was ok--albeit rather heavy. I couldn't eat there every meal for very long, I'll tell you that. We were relieved to be able to go across the street to the pizza place a couple of times, and then went on a long hike and found a different restaurant for dinner one night. For a couple of days, the restaurant will do. The wedding planner through the hotel had some issues and made some errors. The bride & groom were not given the room that they were promised when they signed the contract. Everyone was very nice, but there were mistakes that made the situation a little anxious for the bride. In the end, though, the wedding was lovely. I wouldn't necessarily call this a resort--more of a hotel with some extra services. It's nice if you don't expect perfection. The beach is fantastic, and the wedding really was lovely in the end. We would actually go back there just for a couple of days to get away from it all within our own country.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank sun_lioness
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We had stayed at this hotel twice before and really liked the balconies on the oceanfront rooms. We knew that Palm trees blocked the view on the lower level rooms, so we requested 6th floor or higher when we reserved the room. We were told that they could not guarantee it, but would do their best. Since we had not had a problem getting upper level rooms before... we went ahead with the reservation.When we arrived we were told we had a 4th floor room. We looked at it....sure enough the view from the balcony was a huge palm tree ten feet away. Could barely see the ocean. The clerk told us no other oceanfront available, but he did get us in a room on the side of the hotel overlooking the pool with an ocean view in the distance.
So, warning: when booking an oceanfront room for top dollar, you may get an oceanfront room without an ocean view.
Overall, the stay was pretty good. The restaurant breakfast was poor. The facility is old, but they make an attempt to keep it up. The room rates are high, as you are paying to be on the beach.
Probably will not stay there again, since you cannot be guaranteed an oceanfront with an ocean view.

Room Tip: No ocean view with lower level (5th and lower) floors of the oceanfront rooms.
3  Thank Carl16