“One more day - please!!!!”

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Deale, Maryland
“One more day - please!!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Beautiful room with wonderfully padded chaise lounges on the balcony overlooking the 2 pools and ocean. The curved balconies give you the illusion of privacy as you sit enjoying the evening music at the tiki bar. The staff was very friendly and our room very clean which is amazing given the amount of sand constantly trekked through the beach. The grounds are lush with tropical plants. As for the beach, you can walk in either direction with views of pristine water and the various hotels/condos along the beach. We had breakfast there as well as a few drinks in the tiki bar. The service was very good and the food was delicious. My only regret is that I didn't book enough time here and will have to return next time. I, too, didn't take any pictures but only because my camera was broken. Otherwise I would have enjoyed sharing the lovely ocean views and room with you.

Room Tip: Skip the European room and try a small splurge with the ocean view above the 4th floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have just returned from my stay at this " resort " I did not take any pictures, but should have to show the black mold that was growing on my old , extremely dated bathroom! No working outlets, so I had to use the blowdryer in the kitchen, no sleep the first night due to some sort of water valve that the cleaning staff left on all night and the night staff were unable to access the area in question until 8:30 the next morning. And yes the management was alerted to all the problems and at check out all I was told was " sorry for the trouble " On the flip side- i did ask for a low room , due to my husband's back problem and was indeed gievn a 1st floor room , so a plus for that and the Tiki bar staff are all extemely freindly- that's about all I can say about my stay- Thank goodness Pompano is getting a Marriott!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a balcony room- on the beach- I understand part of this hotel has been remodeled.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shaynenunnery

Stayed 7/23-7/27 Junior Suite 605
What a Absolute Fabulous Resort this is!! It's a Real Gem in Pompano Beach. Staff is so nice & helpful. Grounds Are Exquisite. Food is good and tiki bar is very nice. You MUST try the drink "Hat Trick" created by the Bartender Steve. Resort is American owned & that's a plus. I would highly recommend this resort to guest of all ages. LOoking forward to returning in the Fall. Thanks Staff at Beachcomber for a great week :)

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We could not have been happier with our decision to stay at this resort. The close proximity to the beach is ideal, the beach itself is great, the drinks from the tiki bar are delicious, the service is wonderful, and the hammocks are extremely comfortable. There is such a peaceful and friendly atmosphere created here, and live music is provided each evening on the weekends. One day we ate all three meals from the hotel restaurant (2 poolside). There was just no need to step foot off the property. Our time at Beachcomber was the most relaxing part of our trip. We highly recommend staying here.

2 Thank ARWeb77
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed at the hotel over the 4th of July week. Brian at the front desk was able to upgrade us to an oceanfront room which made our stay much better. He worked with us on the price too. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly, rooms well maintained as well as the property. I would highly recommend this hotel. We loved the chaise lounge chairs on the balcony.

2 Thank Mrs2Fine
BeachcomberPompano, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thanks very much for taking the time to post such a nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again at the Beachcomber.
WATERTOWN
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed at the resort from 07/18/ to 07/22. I wanted to write about this awesome property from the very first night but I held off just in case I had an incident. At first I wanted to have a resort in Fort Lauderdale or Miami but due to very limited time I was unable to get a resort there for a good price. I am so happy I didn't get there. I got an ocean view room, the view was great. I loved sitting outside on the balcony. The bed was comfortable and it was king size. The resort is on the stretch of beach, it was like having your 'own' private island. It wasn't really crowded at all. There was a hammock there so you could relax.
The staff was very helpful. I didn't find the restaurant expensive, we thought the price was a little on the cheap end but we are from the North East so that might be why we find the price reasonable.
This place was great for family, couples or friends; it caters to all type.
If you want a relaxing vacation that offers great service, food and a beach this is the place.
So sorry I had to leave, I missed it so so much. Everyone in our party liked it and I would return next year summer.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PeaDove
Thank you PeaDove, we miss you too and look forward to seeing you next summer. Hey, remember we are open 365 days a year, so if you really miss us, don't wait until next summer. Thanks for the great review, very much appreciated.
Central Islip, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed at the beachcomber hotel July 5-7 2012. The hotel was very nice and the room was pretty good. The room was large and nicely decorated with a view of the ocean from the balcony. Was so nice to sit out there at night and just relax and listen to the waves crashing against the beach. The staff were very nice especially Brian Petersen who worked the front desk. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. The only complaint i had were the hard pillows and the toilet roll holder in the bathroom. They have a very sharp metal cover over the toilet paper which cut my arm a few times.

Room Tip: any room is nice.
1 Thank pisces11105