“Great Hotel Directly on the Beach”

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel and the location cannot be better. It is directly on the beach! There was no beach construction being done during my stay which I was happy about. The property of this hotel is very pretty. There is a tiki bar in the pool area. We had the most amazy bloody mary one morning!

The beds were comfortable, but the room is very dark in that it has dark furniture. Needs to be modernized, but if you can deal with that (I can for location!), it was clean. We had a beach front room and the balcony is so big and private! It was great. I give a 4 star overall rating because the décor in the room is rather blah. The room is very big though. There is a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator.

The restaurant is very nice and the lunch prices were good. Dinner prices were rather steep, so we went across the street to a little hole in the wall called Stinger's Pizza. We had a big plate for spaghetti and meatballs for $10 and on another night we had all you can eat pizza for $8. You cannot beach the prices there. There is a 24 hour store across the street also for milk, bread, etc. There's also a hair salon there and a boutique.

The front desk got us a shuttle the the cruise port for $35 (for 2 people).

We will likely stay here again and if you are looking for a hotel on the beach... this is your place!

Room Tip: Choose ocean front if you can.
1  Thank Debra W

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The room was so filthy the carpet stuck to my feet! The odor from the mustiness penetrated all of my clothing after one nights stay and everything had to be laundered (with the exception of my suitcase which may need clorox!). the tiki bar was very nice and service for food was great. If that is all you are looking for and can put up with the filth and odors, stay here. We are seniors who travel often and can roll with the odd experience but this one keeps "lingering" ( the horrible odor in our clothes!) We did book through an on-line hotel specific site and were told at the desk we could upgrade our room for another $50. Really???Will never use that on-line site again!

Room Tip: very old and musty on 6th floor, pillows were extremely hard (like rubber)
3  Thank Kingsbridgemarket
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel made our trip wonderful. The parking space was adequate and just opposite to the hotel. Food was great and up to the mark. Rooms were neat and clean. The service was good. The swimming pool was maintained well. Overall, it is definitely a nice hotel to stay and enjoy your vacation!

Room Tip: Opt for rooms near the beach side - They offer a good view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The facility is beautiful, the tiki bar is definitely a plus and seeing the sunrise from our balcony made a huge difference on our vacation. The only reason that I am giving 4 stars was the fact that we had a "very rough" check in done by Darby (the receptionist) that was a down side during our time there (since after that we were feeling uncomfortable about asking any questions since we did not know if she was going to treat as desrespectfully again), but as soon as the management where aware of the fact they contacted me and did what I was looking for after the check in incident " We are very sorry!", that was the only thing that we were looking for- an apology, it was not my fault that for some reason far from my control my name was different on their screen and yes I do have a problem when after showing the receptionist my voucher she still tells me that I don't have a reservation and as a "suggestion" tells me that I need to change my name when doing reservations... what???? Are you kidding me??? I had a voucher with a number showing my reservation and that suggestion was completely useless and unnecessary (especially when you are used to travel all over the word and has used Expedia and other sites without any problems. Anyways, that was only down side on our vacation. The management and the rest of the staff are AWESOME, the staff who clean the room and the waitress are always with a big smile on their face. I would highly recommend this hotel to other people and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and myself arrived at the Beachcomber Resort on Jan 4th 2014 for one night before taking a cruise. We arrived late but were greeted pleasantly at the front desk. We went to our room and checked out the room. We had an ocean front suite that had 2 balconies. The front balcony had amazing views over the beach and water. The side balcony overlooked the pool and Tiki area. We found the rooms large, clean and very appealing. We used the fridge and it worked well. We went down and had dinner at the restaurant on site and had an amazing seafood pasta dish. The service was great; Gloria was very pleasant and attentive. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. We walked the beach for awhile then went back to our balcony. It was very quiet for a Saturday evening. On Sunday we awoke to the sound of the waves. We spent time on the balcony then went for breakfast. The service was great. We noticed lots of staff sweeping and cleaning. You could tell that the owners took pride in their Resort. We will definitely stay here again next time we are through.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner ocean view suite, Room 310. We had 2 balconies. I would suggest going a bit...
2  Thank TotalChaos376
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Like many of the guests staying at the Beachcomber in early January we were very disappointed with the beach restoration project that ran the entire time of our stay. Although the hotel cannot control the work conducted by the Army Corp of Engineers they could have provided warnings to their guests and reduced the room rates from high season to low season rates as a measure of goodwill. I believe the hotel to be a little overpriced for what they offer at the high season rates anyway, but when beach access was practically nonexistant the price was out of line.

First the bad...No ventilation in bathrooms and the sinks drained poorly. Beach rental items (umbrellas $25, $10 chairs, $5 pads) a little overpriced for guests (but it's not like you can't buy you own). The hotel rooms could use a little sprucing up and the second pool should be heated if you want people to use it in January.

Now the good...We scheduled our wedding for 1/8/14 on the beach (remember the beach project) and woke up to 25 mounds of fresh sand on the exact spot of the wedding location. Needless to say we were less than thrilled but the event planner, Arielle, and the Operations Manager, Jack, made good on their promise to make our wedding remain special. They worked hard to ensure the work was completed early so to not interfere with our ceremony. If only they could have controlled the 30 mph wind and sideways rain too but since they couldn't, they offered us the use of an Ocean Front room with a wrap around balcony for the wedding and pictures. Although our wedding wasn't exactly as we'd planned the staff at the Beachcomber made sure it was memorable. All in all we would stay here again

Another note...the courtyard is beautifully designed with palm trees and other tropical plants and the staff is constantly sweeping and keeping the grounds clean. The have GREAT security in their parking lot day and night. On more than one occassion I saw the staff checking on the lot at night

Room Tip: The 2 room villa was not quite as nice as we'd hoped for the price (high season) but the pool de...
1  Thank Farmerted68
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed here for five days with a friend of mine. The hotel was nice- the decor is dated as several other reviews stated but it serves its purpose. We stayed in one of the rooms facing the smaller (not heated) pool. We liked this spot however the cleaning staff parked their cart outside our room and they started cleaning early. Every day they were out there by 7 or 730. Says something about the cleanliness of the hotel however it would have been nice to sleep a little later on our vacation. The staff was wonderful, very helpful with recommending restaurants and places to go, especially because it rained for the first few days of our trip. I found this hotel to be centrally located only about 15 minutes outside of central ft lauderdale. Definitely rent a car if you are staying here. There is a nice area about 2 miles away with bars and restaurants that are really good/nice which is very convenient. My only other complaint was that they were putting sand on the beach while we were there so there were construction vehicles passing right in front of the hotel all day and we were restricted to where we could go on the beach- would have been nice to know but not a huge damper to the trip. Also shout out to Louis and Javier at the pool- they are the best. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful, the waitresses at the pool are great. That being said the heated pool was wonderful for January- I'm sure that the non-heated is nice for the summer. The food at the hotel was very good, they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Overall I would definitely stay here again, but know when you are coming that the decor is slightly dated but that does not damper the stay.

Room Tip: The room facing the smaller pool was very nice we had views of the ocean however it seemed to be the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends