The facility is older but was very clean. It's in the perfect spot and on the beach about halfway between the Pompano pier and the Lauderdale on the Seas pier. Very calm and quiet area of A1A.
We had a 2nd floor balcony (205) just outside the pool and right accross from the Tiki Bar. Our room was very close to the elevators, which for us was good because we were constantly going in and out of the room. Nice view from the balcony although our room had only a partial view of the ocean and a full view of the pool.
We arrived around 1:30pm and our room was not ready until 3pm, but that was expected. That gave us time to have lunch which was very good, but a little pricey, especially the drinks. We had breakfast the next morning and that was good too. We found a nice alternate dining place accross the street called Stingers, which became our main dining spot over the course of our 5 days in Fla. Stingers has breakfast too.
The main pool area is nice but they charge extra for things like chair cushions, beach umbrellas, etc. You need to reserve your pool chairs early as other guests will "mark" their chairs early every morning.
Housekeeping took a long time to get to us each day and 'forgot' to clean our room one day. The only ice machine is on the first floor near the elevators, which was OK for us because we were still close. If we were on a higher floor, this would have been a problem.
Our room was fine but I would pay a little more and try to get a 4th floor or higher oceanfront room next time. It's farther from the airport than I thought and will cost about $40 -$50 for a taxi.
Overall, Beachcomber Resort is a bit pricey, but so is everywhere else at this time of year. The pros still outway the cons by a large margin and we would come again and probably will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beachcomber Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Resort And Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Villas
- Pompano Beach Beachcomber
- Beachcomber Resort And Villas Pompano Beach, Florida