“Awesome location... make sure you visit kelly at the tiki bar”

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Was here for work in March 2014

Stayed in the pool view room..

the view was gorgeous.. the ocean is only feet away..

tiki bar was fun and entertaining... the bartender Kelly is Amazing.

Wifi really sucks.

I'd definately stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JonFromPeg

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had upgraded to a better room (after reading the trip advisor reviews) and we were not disappointed! We were in a corner room on the top floor (room 812) which had breathtaking views of the ocean looking north and east. Our wonderful perch allowed us to have coffee and quiet evening refreshments over looking the water on our private balcony above the palm trees. The Suite was tastefully done. A great place to go to get away from it all and reunite. We were there 6 nights. We took the bed & breakfast package and enjoyed that fact that breakfast was included in the bill. Breakfast was the only meal we ate in the hotel. Food was good. Loved being served breakfast on the beach. The hotel has 2 pools none of which we used but there was always people in them. Like any place in that area - parking is tight. Had dinner across the street at Stingers - highly recommend.
Frankly, the only downside to our stay was hanging out for an unfortunate short time at the Tiki bar. Unless you are interested in listening to Steve the bartender's personal infomercial about hawking his homemade bloody Mary mix and soliciting your potential business, I would visit when someone else is in command. That experience was so wrong. We wanted to unplug, relax and take in the scenery instead we felt like we should be looking for the hidden cameras.

Room Tip: Request a high floor - above the palm trees with a view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank B K
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed for 5 nights mid April 2014. Had a great time! The rooms are a little dated, but very clean. Stayed in a room with king bed and pullout couch for our son. Big oversized room (405) with mini fridge, sink and microwave with little table. The room view was pretty of the pool and the ocean. A little obstructed by Palm trees, which I liked anyway. If you get a little higher floor like 6 or above, no obstructions. The pool area great, service was excellent and attentive. The beach was beautiful also and we loved the drinks and food service that was very reasonable! We never left our chairs and relaxed. Our 7 year old loved everything about the place. Had the time of his life. We really enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Asil68
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Saw the pictures and decided to pay the high dollar rate for what I was told would be a nice ocean view with a balcony for are last day of are vacation. Arrived at around 9:30 am after getting of are cruise ship. Didnt really expect room to be ready but was hoping. Room was not given to us untill 4:PM and it was ground level with view of the pool. When we complained about the ground level there were two other parties complaining about the same thing and they were lucky enough to be on floor three. To really get a decent ocean view which at the desk they refer to diaginol ovean view you would at least have to be on floor #5. Very miss leading. Drinks at there bar were very expensive. The food was good and maost of the staff was nce.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Howard I
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Just got back from the Beachcomber. We stayed 5 nights in unit 926, which is a two bedroom villa.

First, the room...the villas seem like a great idea. They are separate from the main hotel and each is like a small cottage. There is a small "private" pool in the villa area, which at first seemed great except they don't heat it, so it was very cold in early April. Our unit was expensive, about $400 a night plus tax, and honestly not worth that price. The room had marks on the walls everywhere (time to paint guys), most of the electrical plugs were used so much that you had to position your plug just right in order to get appliances, chargers, etc, to work. Even the maid had trouble keeping the vacuum cleaner going. Does no one at BC realize this? Not hard to change plugs! Also, given that it was a 2 bedroom cottage, I thought it would have a full kitchen, but it doesn't. It has a mini-refrigerator, a personal coffee maker, and a small microwave oven. No stove, and the freezer in the mini-fridge was weak at best. Furniture was decent, but dated. All wicker stuff, which is okay but not impressive at all. It was nice having a separated room, but for the price I expected luxury and it was more like run-down motel level. Maybe the tower is much better, I don't know.

The grounds are very nice, but not large. The main pool has too many lounges packed in too close together, but it is pretty out there. Lots of foliage, and clear wind barriers help. Attendants are asking constantly if they can bring you something, but beware, the prices are as if this is a five star hotel. $10 for any drink with ground up ice, and they are all made with pre-mix. The tiki bar would be a lot nicer if they cut their prices in half. We didn't try to the food because I didn't want to pay $10 for a chicken sandwich, and that was one of the cheaper items. The staff is very friendly, no complaints there. They also had some weird 'cards for towels' exchange thing that at first seemed complicated, and then even more so when no one seemed to be following the rules anyway. I realize it was designed to reduce towel theft or loss, but it was a nuisance.

Overall, I like the hotel as maybe a 2 or 3 star place. The grounds are beautiful and right on the beach, but the hotel has an identity crisis. It thinks it is a high class ritzy establishment and it is not. If they would lower prices to be more in line with where they truly rank in the marketplace, then I might consider going back, but I would not rent a villa again. If all the villas are like the one we had, they need major renovations before I would consider staying in one of those again. Honestly, I doubt I will ever go back. I feel like I was ripped off at the price I paid. I paid top of the market hoping to treat my family to a luxury experience and instead I got a roadside motel room. Not sure I can ever shake that no matter what they do.

If you stay here, rent in the tower. Don't expect condo-like amenities in any room, this is a hotel. Not really sure if the tower's rooms are better, but they looked nice from the outside. Generally speaking, this place is over-priced, so I suggest looking around a little more. There are many places in the area that are just as good for less.

Room Tip: Can't recommend a villa, ours was in bad shape. Try a tower room instead.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bbooth05
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in mid April 2014. Location is beautiful. The grounds & beach were gorgeous. The hotel is only OK. The lobby is extremely dated. The 1st room we were assigned was dark & no ocean view, which we pd for. We requested a chg & received a better, higher floor room. It is very dated, though the balcony was very nice with comfortable lounge chairs. The wifi didn't work at all. The drinks & food were good but high priced. Enjoyed our stay but probably won't be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We loved this resort! Right on the beach. They have a waiter come right on the beach and brings you drinks! They have a very nice restaurant right on the beach too. Everyone was very nice! Will definitely go back! The maids keep out room very clean. They put clean sheets on the bed everyday !

Stayed: April 2014