“Different rooms”

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is located aprox. 30 minutes away from Fort Lauderdale International airport.

Three of the reasons for booking the Beachcomber for a weekend trip were the
"direct beach access", "free parking", and the price.
Upon my late arrival, I was given a room in the main building which wasn´t great at all:
small and "cold" - without any atmosphere. Regarding that room, I would have given a poor/average rating at its best.
Next morning I asked to get changed and was given a room on the pooldeck:
Woooooww - what a change: a spacious bedroom/living room;
small kitchen with fridge and other amenities, a walking-closet and a bathroom.

I found the staff of the hotel very friendly and helpful.

Great: the hotel is directly located at the superb beach - no need to cross any street!
Two refreshing pools with sunchairs and parasols.

The hotel itself has no gym - but you get a free ticket for the Youfit Health Club which is a 5 minute drive away. An impressive gym.

I´ll definitely come back and stay here again!

Room Tip: Check the different room options before booking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tom_brd
There are newer reviews for Beachcomber Resort and Villas

Reviewed 23 July 2014

It was ok for the price. Check in was a little bad. We requested a high up room(ocean view) and the representative had us on the list and promised us a high up room. She then left her shift (knowing we were sitting in the lobby waiting) and we never got our room that was promised. That night there was late night party drunks across the hall making lots of racket at midnight. We complained and the hotel did make it right and moved us up to a higher floor with a beautiful view. The Tiki bar has the best bartenders around and the drinks are amazing. The food at the restaurant was ok, nothing special. Housekeeping around that place is much to be desired. Bathroom was dirty and room kind of smelled of urine. However, all in all it was a pretty decent place. The beach is the best part and the water was very warm. I don't think I'd ever stay there again, but I do not regret my stay.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view(ocean front if can afford). And must get a room on the third or higher floor in or...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aohio33
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked this hotel after week's of comparing and review reading. We arrived for our week long stay on 7/16. Our room choice was a one bedroom villa. Upon arrival to our room I was disappointed with the darkness and old décor of this villa, I went to the front desk and without hesitation I was moved to a Ocean View one bedroom that was above expectations. The staff, the food, the pool, the service, did I mention the staff? All I can say is they went above and beyond for every guess. I will recommend this hotel to anyone. Enjoy the 2 pools or spend the day on the beach and watch the fish swim by your feet! Thank you for helping make my vacation great!!! See you soon

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheri B
Reviewed 20 July 2014

booked this resort to kick off our anniversary weekend. wine and strawberries arrived10 minutes after checking in. our room was wonderful with great views (room 812). no issues whatsoever. our dinner on the beach (part of the package) was fabulous. Becca was wonderful. In fact, the entire staff that we interacted with was excellent. super nice, kudos all around. front desk was able to set up our ride accommodations to the port. i cant rave enough about the staff.

personal thanks to all the resort staff that attended to our every whim.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank soflfamily
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. We stayed here last year and fell in love with it. Not too big of a hotel, which is what we like. It's a 20 minute drive from Ft. Lauderdale Airport. The beach is absolutely beautiful, no big waves and crystal clear water with fish swimming at your feet. Our oceanfront room was great, but the palm trees do block some of your view if you're not high enough. The balcony is wonderful, private and with the nice furniture that has cushions on them. The Ocean Grill restaurant is RIGHT on the beach with awesome views. The meals are great, too. The pool area is large with a tiki bar and plenty of chairs. Will definitely be returning again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Recently stayed at this resort thanks to a great sale. We booked an ocean front room and so glad we did. We had a great view - above the palm trees. The beds were comfortable and the rooms are big. The balcony was a great place to relax although it could be a little slippery. Only complaint about the room - the bathroom door was difficult to close.

Great beach, two pools to relax by and fantastic bartenders. The employees were wonderful and very helpful with recommendations for dining off property.

My only con - the hotel food. Our first night we dined by the pool I had the calamari and it was straight from the freezer and thin with no flavor. The next morning we had breakfast again by the pool. We were looking forward to eggs benedict unfortunately it came swimming in hollandaise sauce. Hollandaise sauce is only suppose to be enough for flavoring - our plates were entirely covered in sauce.

The rooms were great, the staff was wonderful I would come again just maybe not eat on property.

Room Tip: Request a room above the palm trees otherwise your beach view may be blocked
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peggy A
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times , first time. 30 yrs ago I must say the hotel has greatly improved!! The grill on the beach is fantastic. Good food for fair price. We stayed in room 110 great location ocean front!

• Stayed: July 2014