“Great vacation place!”

Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Miami, Florida
“Great vacation place!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel services, etc. were awesome and the facility too! The Villas I must say need renovation but overall for the cost it is very affordable and my family was comfortable. The hotel facility is goregous. Overall we had an amazing time with family, and no complaints!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A beautiful tropical design hotel with great views from room to ocean. Romantic atmosphere in hotel restaurant on the beach. Great wine and food in restaurant. Very polite and helpful hotel staff. We had a room in 8th froor with amazing views to ocean. I recommend this hotel for a romantic holidays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NauryRiga_Latvia
philadelphia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My friend and I stayed there August 1st through the 5th. This hotel has the nicest staff I ever experienced. From the time you check in with Margaret who remembers all her repeat guest til the time you leave you would think that you were staying in a palace where you are being waited on hand and foot. You must spend time at the Tiki Bar and meet Steve who is one of the biggests assets a hotel can have. He should be put under contract so no one can steal him. They have John and Kelly also who are just a pleasure. The staff serving at the pool cannot do enough for you. The maids went out of there way to get the extra towels and coffee that we needed and made certain that we had it everyday. We are going back in October and will be making other plans there also in January. If you want a place that gives you all this and right on the beach along with a great price come here. I suggest you go for the Ocean View Rooms over all others best bang for the buck.

• Stayed August 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2014

afraid to let the world know what a great experience this was...loved the view, patio lounge chairs, staff, location etc...usually stay down the street at embassy suites which was full...sooo glad it opened my world to the beachcomber!! one caveat when finding it...there is a 122 south ocean blvd in all the towns around there...so make sure you head to pompano or you end up with a very scenic long drive back towards the airport!

Room Tip: get a balcony with a view...high up if you can
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank lkrocks
Margate, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I are Regulars at this resort, close to home. We just spent 2 nights there to celebrate my BD. Every time we go there it is like coming home for us. We live nearby and my husband no longer wishes to travel far. In my words... Closest I have ever been to heaven. Everyone from the owner, wait staff, managers( Margaret), bartenders,(Steve) housekeepers, food preparers, pool staff,and others I have forgotten to name have become family to us. We have out of state visitors who come and stay as well. Once you have been there, you will always return. Thank You to ALL the staff for a job well done.... CAROLINE and Bill

Room Tip: All the hotel rooms overlook the ocean. There are also handicapped rooms and cottages as well. 2 swi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I wasn't too sure about this hotel after reading some reviews but after seeing the other options in this price range I went with this one. Found the hotel pretty easy, there was even about 7 parking spots still available even though it was 11:00 at night. Check in was no problem, we got a room on the 6th floor with an ocean view. The room was interesting, small sink with microwave and fridge, seperate dressing area and bathroom from the main bedroom area. The room was decorated very nice and very clean. The balcony was nice and big but like someone else mentioned, there is no privacy. Each balcony is right next to each other. You can actually hop the rail and visit your neighbors if you like. At night the hotel was quiet but the next morning is when the noise started. You could hear every door slam in the hallway and the new neighbors on either side talking to each other out on the balcony. The best was when the room next door was getting their window replaced. Now it was after 9am when the drilling and banging started but it was still loud and annoying. I understand a hotel has to do maintenance, I just wish I didn't have the bad luck to always have it happen when I'm in the next room. We spent the rest of the morning at the pool and you could still hear it down there. The pool was clean and refreshing, the guys at the towel pickup were very nice and attentive. It was nice to be able to leave the pool and walk right to the beach. We ate lunch overlooking the beach, kids menu was decently priced and they loved the food.

Room Tip: 6th floor overlooking the ocean is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bogotá
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is located aprox. 30 minutes away from Fort Lauderdale International airport.

Three of the reasons for booking the Beachcomber for a weekend trip were the
"direct beach access", "free parking", and the price.
Upon my late arrival, I was given a room in the main building which wasn´t great at all:
small and "cold" - without any atmosphere. Regarding that room, I would have given a poor/average rating at its best.
Next morning I asked to get changed and was given a room on the pooldeck:
Woooooww - what a change: a spacious bedroom/living room;
small kitchen with fridge and other amenities, a walking-closet and a bathroom.

I found the staff of the hotel very friendly and helpful.

Great: the hotel is directly located at the superb beach - no need to cross any street!
Two refreshing pools with sunchairs and parasols.

The hotel itself has no gym - but you get a free ticket for the Youfit Health Club which is a 5 minute drive away. An impressive gym.

I´ll definitely come back and stay here again!

Room Tip: Check the different room options before booking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business