“Very clean and Very friendly”

Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Hotel needs a little renovation but other than that it is probably the best place to stay at Pompano for a good price. The room service was EXCEPTIONAL, not only was everything clean and organized but we had asked our maid for extra coffee and towels at the beginning of our stay and never had to ask again, she had remembered and kept our coffee and towels well in stock. The staff were all very friendly, especially at the bar and restaurant. Every waiter/waitress and bartender that we had encountered were extremely professional and personable. Sands is also in a very good location relative to other restaurants and stores. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone who is planning on staying at Pompano.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the Sands Harbor. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I guess you could say the hotel is old. While our room was refurbished (new bed, curtains and tv), the fixtures were old. Great view, fairly quiet and free parking (for ANYONE so spaces go quickly).

My biggest gripe was no internet in the rooms and the tv got about 15 channels. Half were Shopping Network and the like. One day we didn't get our room serviced.

Would I stay there again? Yeah. Price and convenience to dive operators would be the reason.

Room Tip: The upper floors have been "refurbished".
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
SandsHarbor, General Manager at Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Sands Harbor provides complimentary WI-FI to our hotel guests. We are not sure this guest made us aware of a connection problem as we would have been happy to assist.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My son and I stayed here while doing a scuba class with Scubatyme charters. Very convenient location for the boat. Rooms are functional, but if TV and WiFi important to you not so good. The on site restaurant had really good bar food. Especially liked the wings and the burgers.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

May 30 to June 3
Once again we rested our weary souls here at Sands Harbor, while scuba diving off the coast of Pompano Beach. Wow, they up graded the elevator with new electronics. Still had to walk up the eight floors once due to a problem. But I made it.
It's just a great place to hang out, with good food and good people. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2013

From the housekeeping staff to the poolside wait staff, everyone was so professional and personable. The room was clean and comfortable and the poolside deck on the intercoastal was a treat! The location was central to lots of shopping and restaurants but the very best wings were right there at the poolside restaurant!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 5 May 2013

A buddy and I used this as our base for a diving trip. We had an enjoyable experience, and I would go back. The hotel is clean but worn around the edges. The staff are helpful and maid service was great. Bed was firm, shower was hot, wi-if was a little slow but passable and included in the room price. At the outdoor bar, service was very good and the food was surprisingly great (I think they share a kitchen with a nice seafood restaurant next door)! People watching reminded me at times if something out of a Hunter S. Thompson novel. I would definitely consider this as home base for another guy's trip. Because my wife's not hung up on amenities, I might take her for a quick trip. For romance, I'm probably looking elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My son and I stayed at the hotel over a long weekend and have a great time. From the hotel there is easy access to the beach, jet skis and other water sports. The rooms are plain and clean -- nothing special. The room we stayed at had a queen bed and a double pull out couch. The bathroom was a bit tired and you could see the repairs.

The hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. In the mornings, they had coffee/tea and muffins. The Wifi was good and included in the price of the room. There are several nice places to eat within walking distance including Houston's across in the water for a great steak dinner. We'll definitely stay there next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family