“MY FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH!”

Wyndham Royal Vista
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cary, Illinois, United States
“MY FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I was always a FL Gulf Coast fan until I stayed here! And then we came back and back and back some more. I've brought my parents and the kids have brought their friends and my wife and I have invited our friends. We've made incredible memories! We've also made friends with the awesome staff (and a few locals). The location is incredible!

The service has improved 10 fold over the years. The staff truly cares!

I want to retire here!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Jeff W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
leominster, massachusetts
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The Wyndham Royal Vista is the perfect place to stay on the beach. We stayed in an ocean view two bedroom unit; the rooms were spacious, pleasantly decorated, very clean with a big living/dining area, a modern fully equipped kitchen, two huge bathrooms, a large balcony, and a washer and dryer. Kind of like your own private condo(fun to pretend!)

The bed was comfortable, had the best sleep listening to the ocean! There are two pools with lots of chairs. The beach is wonderful, clean, nice surf, and easy to walk.There is a separate rental company that provides lounges, cabanas, umbrellas, and all sorts of water sports at very reasonable rates, daily and weekly. They're great guys, too! Service with a smile! We love the convenience of being able to come and go during the day without losing our spot.

Although there's no restaurant , there is a snack bar. For anything more, you can walk across the street to a small strip mall where you'll also find Stinger's, a good place to start the day with breakfast. For cocktails, the Tiki Bar on site between the pool and beach is a fun place, Sandy the bartender is great! Go there, you'll enjoy the drinks, the regulars, and the live music!

It was not just the rooms and the beach/pool areas that impressed us, it was the friendliness of the staff. Polite, always with a smile! Every effort was made to accommodate us in any way. For example, although there's no daily housekeeping services, towels are readily available and delivered promptly.
A special shout out to Debi at the desk, she's the best, a great employee! Wyndham is lucky to have her! She always made my day!
Thank you to her and everyone else for such a pleasant, relaxing stay! We will be back!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank parev
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed 23 January 2013

While it is true that the Royal Vista has seen several years of service, it is still a high quality place. The location is unbeatable. All of the staff that I had the pleasure of speaking to or working with provided excellent and pleasing service. I must admit that corner rooms are the icing on the cake!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank TingJames
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I visited this resort for the second time in Dec 2012. It is located ideally, on the Pompano beach, close to many restaurants, not too far from Fort Lauderdale, enough shopping attractions within reasonable distance. The beach, to me, is the main attraction. The service is good but not great. The pools are good. Rooms are well maintained. Not many facilities or group activities, but then again, it is a place to stay if you want to be left alone and relax. I will return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank SunTan53
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My best friend and I stayed here for a 5 day,kid free vacation. The resort is clean and inviting and the rooms are huge compared to some other resorts I've stayed at. We went in September right after the kids went back to school, so there were no crowds to deal with. We practically had the beach to ourselves! It's location is a short drive to Ft. Lauderdale shopping and dining and a 3 hour drive to Key West....a must visit for a "girls only" vacation. The beach side bar closes before sunset which is kind of a bummer, but the drinks are good and reasonaby priced.

Room Tip: they offer oceanfront rooms, but you can't request one online.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tammie Y
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My family and I wanted to get away for the holidays so we decided to take a trip to Florida for our Christmas. We are owners to the timeshare so we were offered a free week night stay at this hotel. The staff at the front desk were nice and greeted us with a smile so did the rest of the staff working around the hotel. We were given the suite on the 9th floor which was the best because the view of the beach was breath taking and there was a great breeze at the top. I would have to say that our room was decent on cleaniness. The hotel has its own access to a part of the strip of the beach so it was kind of private to the people who belong to wnydham hotel. The beach was beautiful and clean; you can go swimming, snorkling, canoeing, and paddle surf boarding. I was upset that I had to pay to rent a beach chair or umbrella; instead I had taken my own folding beach chair. There is a small gym that I used twice and that was okay.
The hotel lacked better entertainment because during our stay we were bored especially on Christmas eve and day, there was no music or special dinner. We had to go out of the hotel to find some place that had things to do and see, so we went to commercial blvd where there are shops and places to eat right next to the beach.
In all, our stay was good, but they really lacked some type of entertainment besides the tiki bar that they have by the beach and pool.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kikiz868
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We had a great time! Lovely room with plenty of room. We had a 2 bedroom suite. We did not get an ocean view but did not request one. Even that being said with 2 small toddlers it was very convenient to get to the beach. He have a little snack shack and an outdoor grill. We had burger, hotdogs and a mahi sandwich from the grill and they were pretty tasty. The tiki bar is awesome, pretty reasonable prices too. They have a little strip mall across the street it as a small clothing store, a beach store with floaters and aloe Vera for burns, towels and such, it has a little food market milk bread eggs beer wife, and restaurant stingers. Stingers leaves much to be desired. It's a bar with food. It has breakfast which was decent but it is a very odd atmosphere. I felt weird bringing my children in there. Oh well. The pools were nice and we never had a problem with towels or seating. My one and only complaint is that the beach is kind of monopolized by a beach rental company. They have their chairs and umbrellas all set up right there so even if you want to lay a blanket down you have to trek pretty far down the beach. We ended up renting 2 chairs and an umbrella just because I didn't want to lug myself and 2 toddlers and all their beach crap so far. Guess that's how the make money though 20 bucks for an hour on the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family