“The worst nights stay EVER!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Budgetel Inn & Suites Pompano Beach
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
NY
“The worst nights stay EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2007

Unless you enjoy the smell of black mold, you should not stay here!! We arrived late in the night because our flight was delayed. The night manager was none too happy that we arrived late, even though we called ahead to warn him. The sign wasn't even visible from the street because it had never been repaired from the hurricane damage. As soon as we entered the room we knew we were in for a terrible night. The bathroom had more mold than tile, the beds were sketchy and the carpet was so gross I didn't want to walk barefoot. We had originally planned to stay there for 10 nights while we were in Florida, but we were out of there first thing the next morning. Just to give you a hint about how bad the mold was...I had trouble breathing and a runny nose for the remainder of my vacation!

3 Thank bobcatalumni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
marco island fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2007

The hotel was very moldy & musty smelling. My husband & I even opened the door and turned the a/c down, at first we thought it was just musty air. Even after airing the room out, it still smelt really bad. Even the sheets smelled like mold. Would not have stayed except it was season & only slept there. Scratchy cheap thin towels. I wouldn't even considered eating in the convenient restaurant on site! And all for the bargan price of $104.00!!!! We did have a good room location right across from the pool. Wouldn't have considered walking down to the drink machine by myself. Wish I would have read the reviews before booking, even just the 1 night stay.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank pookiepie4424

Travellers are raving about these Pompano Beach hotels

Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2007

I stayed here because it was ~65$ cheaper than the next available hotel, thinking "those trip advisor comments can't be THAT accurate..." Wow. So where do I start. I pulled up, 3am (my flight was delayed) and I have to check in talking through the metal grate in the class, with me outside. I get to the room, can't get in, get a security guard (who was nice but scary) to let me in. The room is dirty and smelly, and the heating doesn't work. The bed, towels and walls are all quite dirty. I end up not wanting to touch the bed, so I sleep in my leather jacket and full pants. In the morning, I wake up two hours before my alarm, cold as hell, and proceed to spend the next two hours running hot water to warm up.

Pay up for another hotel. Or sleep in the car... the half hour I got at a rest stop on the highway afterwards was heavenly.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank PKHCL
Frederick, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2007

Walk, don't run away from this place. It was disgusting and I think the back side of the place had ladies working "the oldest profession". The only saving grace was the McDonalds across the street and the gas station next door which sold beer and wine! Due to the fact it was SuperBowl weekend, this was the only place we could find to stay the night before a cruise. There was group of us there and the driver did not want to leave us there! Most of us turned over the blanket on the bed and slept on top of that, fully clothed. The rooms had holes in the walls and when you removed the tissue stuffed in them, you could see the room next door. The bathrooms were dirty and missing pieces the tile floor. The walls were moldy. There were a bunch of mattresses piled up next to a dumpster so I can only imagine they were doing some sort of renovation but I never saw any of that. Days Inn should be ashamed to be affiliated with this place. The staff advised us we could take a bus to a nearby mall with a Ruby Tuesdays but neglected to tell us a transfer was involved and it was safer to take a cab. The manager on duty was rude. If you love your family, do not subject them to this, just sleep at the nearest bus station!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank DeeP67
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2006

This hotel waas the most disgusting place I have ever seen. It was filthy, had clientele of questionable character, and unaccommodating. My husband and I had a 3 night reservation and could never have stayed there. This was part of a package....what a mistake.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gravenhurst, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2006

Travelling with another single woman from Canada to Miami over 4 nights, this by far was the worst overnight stay we had AND THE MOST EXPENSIVE.../
UNCLEAN ROOM [food still on carpet from last guests]
UNSECURE ROOM [window would not even close ,let alone lock]
BURNS ON FURNITURE [vanity absolutely covered in cigarette burns]
SMOKE SMELL [we might as well been smoking in room with the strong smoke smell present]
NO CLOCK [???? come on ! ]
NON-FITTING SHEETS [no fitted bottom sheets, never seen this before, sheet was never in place]

Had to write this review.... NOW i will actually write DAYS INN to complain and this is something i do not do ...I have never been overly impressed with any other DAYS INN I have stayed at so I believe now I will stay clear of future stays at all DAYS INN because of the total disatisfaction and UNCLEAN feeling "especially at"POMPANO DAYS INN"

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank Dena50
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2005

my family and i was in need of a place to stay
while enroute to Ft. Lauderdale

picked up a hotel coupon guide and they made it sound really nice

i also called triprewards to book the room and to get more information about the place...someone lied to me

it smelled like urine and the homless looking people walking around the grounds was NO place for my family

the staff was the worst ...not heplfull at all...
my stomach hurt after checking in
the pictures on this site is a LIE
days inn should revoke there name

we went in to the room and left after 2 mins
the toilet was off the wall
and the carpet was gummy
and it smelled..... the elevator reaked of years of booze
i asked the housekeeper if she was going to clean it she said no
not my job .someone might clean it but i dont know who
please do not risk your life or family lives..........
i travel alot and have NEVER seen days inn this bad

• Stayed June 2005
9 Thank missyw1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#27 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Coconut Creek
Pelican By The Sea Motel
Pelican By The Sea Motel
#11 of 36 in Pompano Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
Budget Lodge
Budget Lodge
#19 of 36 in Pompano Beach

Been to Budgetel Inn & Suites Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!