We stayed in the the St. Johns Building (Presidential Suite) and we had pretty high expectations. It was a little dated, but still nice. Stay at the Atlantic house if you want "Jr. Suites" these are one room suites with a large separate sitting area. Stay at the Peyton House if you want the newly renovated rooms/suites.
Breakfast was included in our package and it was a delightful buffet complete with a gentleman who made omelets large enough to feed an entire football team.
Eat off campus if you can because room service was a "pricey" convenience. However, our food was served promptly and hot. The taste was o.k. They came in and set up our table complete with a table cloth and flowers (plastic of course!) No detail was left out. My only complaint would be paying $11 for an appetizer which turned out to be (two jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon). The average entree cost is $30 and the average desert cost is $8. Add in 18% gratuity and $3.50 per person delivery fee along with taxes and we paid $20 bucks just for taxes and fees.
Nightly Turndown Service
We did not even have to call and ask for this service. Each night to wonderful ladies entered our room and prepared it for the evening. They placed our bath robes on our bed along with slippers and orange chocolate. Who would not love this!!
In the morning housekeeping returned to refresh the room, they even washed our dishes. As a at-home mom, I loved this pampering.
Children' s Pool
There is a separate kids pool and playground that is appropriate for infants up to pre-teens. The pool is designed like a beach, it starts out like a wadding pool and gets deeper and deeper. My two year old loved it! Bring your own boogie board unless you want to rent one for around $20 bucks.
Our main disappointment was with the quality of our suite. It was difficult to enjoy the view because the windows (which are nailed shut) in our suite were so dirty that we could hardly see the ocean.
Also, the actual bathroom in our suite was not not even close to what was shown in the pictures. The photograph on the internet showed a huge garden tub/soaking tub with a separate shower complete with a flat screen tv in the mirror. Instead what we got was a dated shower/tub combination complete with a speaker so that you could listen to the tv in the bathroom. Also there were no flat screen televisions in our suite. We had two old-tubed zenith's. Stay at the Peyton House if you want the updated suites.
Also, the back door (facing the ocean) to these rooms lock upon exit, and you have to walk all the way around the building to re-enter your suite, unless you prop the door open. Did I mention the lizards. Yes, there were very small lizards on the property and some of them were on our back porch, so we really did not like propping the back door open. They do not not lurk or bother your, but I thought you might want to know.
I found one or two bugs in our room (a very large water bug by the back door and one roach in our bed)...uggggg.....
The service at the Inn is great, but I think they could be resting on their laurels a bit where quality is concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand hotel with a storied pedigree, the AAA Five-Diamond rated Ponte Vedra Inn & Club brings to mind images of quiet opulence - of grace, stateliness and history. Located on a sprawling, 300-acre beachfront site in northeast Florida, the historic Inn offers a world of upscale accommodation paired with fine service and a wide array of leisure pursuits. At this year-round sporting paradise, active travelers can choose from seaside golf, tennis, fitness, swimming, surfing, cycling and more while a luxurious spa, picturesque beaches and delightful dining options lure those in search of relaxation and indulgence. Engaging children's activities, programs and services make the Inn an exceptional destination for family vacations. Ponte Vedra Inn & Club and its nearby sister property, The Lodge & Club, comprise the oceanfront luxury vacation experience known as Ponte Vedra Beach Resorts. Hotel guests enjoy reciprocal access to the amenities of both establishments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Ponte Vedra Inn & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponte Vedra Inn & Club Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Ponte Vedra Inn And Club
- Ponte Vedra Hotel
- Ponte Vedra Resort
- Ponte Vedra Inn & Club Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida