“Awsome lunch”

Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
Orlando, Florida
“Awsome lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My son an I had stayed at the hotel this past week while there we had this amazing lunch in Alice an Pete's Pub Linda was our server wonderful girl!! my son is a very picky eater she was very patience/cooperative after talking with her she went an got the Chef Chris who was in the kitchen at the time he came out talked to my son asking what it was he liked an what not. He had a wonderful personality he then told us give me a couple minutes an ill whip something up for you Linda later came back with our food Chef Chris had made my son a cheesy chicken tender wrap sounds weird but it made my son very happy an I just wanted to say thank you Chef Chris an Linda I would love to return to Sawgrass Marriott an stay again by the way love the new chicken tacos amazing!!!! thanks again Alice an Pete's staff

Room Tip: Try an get a room with the view of the pond an waterfall it lights up at night which I found to be v...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your experience while dining! I love to hear when one of our valued guests has had such an exemplary encounter at our resort and it certainly seems from your account that you and your son both enjoyed the attention our dining associates at Alice and Pete’s was able to provide. A meal made to your son’s exact taste must have been a welcome treat. I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone here. It is our hope that you will visit again at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is lovely family vacation spot. Great SPA and spa facilities! Great golf and great beach! We enjoyed our stay immensely! Our villa was just lovely and spacious and well appointed! Lots to do and lots of activities! We would definately bring my family here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your family getaway with us at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. Our beautiful resort offers some amazing adventures including the famous golf of TPC Sawgrass, outdoor pools, fitness center, walking and jogging trails, bicycle rentals, access to our Cabana Beach Club, activities for the younger set at Sawgrass Kid’s Klub, our spa and so much more. I am so happy you enjoyed them all and would love to see you again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a villa, interior was very nice and spacious. Exterior was unimpressive and there were lots of bugs. We saw a large florida cockroach scurry into a hole in the wall while walking up the stairs and my girls were terrified the rest of our stay. Just be prepared for this 'closeness to nature' if you stay in villas.
The issue mentioned in title was that my daughter had money missing from her wallet (substantial sum). We asked to speak with a manager but were told a manager was unavailable. A very helpful front desk associate listened, was very sympathetic, asked that we fill out a written report and meet with security. We did all of this. Four days since we checked out, and we still have not been contacted by a manager. I am extremely displeased about this lack of response to such a serious matter.
Finally, the hotel restaurant and front desk need to communicate better as we were given breakfast vouchers at check and were told they would be good for 2 adults and kids under 12 eat free. The restaurant insisted the voucher was only good for one adult and kids over 5 are 1/2 price. We got the charges reversed but it was still a nuisance.
Beach is nice & shuttle is convenient. Putt putt was fun and challenging.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Rebeccafol
Thank you for sharing your feedback. While we are glad you enjoyed parts of your stay, we want you to know that the remainder of your review is of great concern to us and we would like to discuss the issues you have shared. As we have already left messages for you, along with our contact information for your return call, please reach out to us directly to our management team. We value you as guest of our property.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently spent a week here on business and was pleasantly surprised. Given the area and the reputation that comes along with Sawgrass, I was prepared for an uptight snobby hotel staff, boy was I wrong. From the valets, to the front desk, to the banquet serving staff everyone was pleasant and a joy to interact with. My only complaint was the lack of internet access while I was there but I can't really hold the hotel responsible as it was an off-site accident that caused the outage. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and very well maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your kind feedback of Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. All of our associates believe that every guest’s visit is of utmost importance and I will be sure to share your gracious comments with everyone here. We love that you were so pleasantly surprised! Our property echoes the beauty of the natural Florida landscape surrounding our resort and it is great you enjoyed it so much. I hope you will come back again.
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here a couple of nights, and everything was wonderful. At check-in, they were very friendly and accommodating. The grounds were absolutely beautiful! They have a complimentary shuttle to their private beach which was very convenient...only a 5 minute trip across the road. The pool was nice, not too crowded, lots of chairs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaThreesisters
Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful stay at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. First impressions can be so telling and I will be sure to let our associates know how friendly and accommodating you found them to be at check in. Our private Cabana Beach Club can be accessed by our complimentary shuttle service and offers a variety of features from a pool to dining and access to miles of beautiful sand and surf. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Minneola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a very well kept Marriott property. The customer service was excellent, and had great business resources (UPS store on property). I stayed here while my husband attended his week long company meeting. I worked as well, but the hotel had major internet issues due to a cut in a line. So the only game in town was internet at Starbucks. Thanks heavens for them!

The hotel has a few restaurants. A pub downstairs that serves burgers, sandwiches, fries, and salads. A fancier place on the mezzanine with a great mushroom pasta dish. And there is a pool bar. I had great service at all the places.

Rooms were nice (we had a hiccup checking in for a King; got two beds instead in the middle of the atrium). I would agree with other folks - try to stay out of the atrium - it can get loud.

We decided to have a dinner off property and were pointed in the direction of of 619 Ocean View - their restaurant on the beach. When we got there, we were turned away as we were "too casual" for the upstairs location. They allowed us to eat at the bar downstairs. A bit much in my opinion - it's a restaurant on the beach - people were in bathing suits and towels.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ends - not in the atrium.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy you were able to enjoy a successful getaway with your husband for his business trip. We feature complimentary wireless Internet throughout our property and we appreciate your understanding when we faced some temporary technical issues. Dining on site can include choices for every taste, from the more casual sandwiches and drinks at Alice & Pete’s Pub and the Sea Porch Bar & Grill to fine dining at Vernon’s or 619 Ocean View. We do apologize if there was any confusion when selecting one of our restaurants, but it is great to know that your overall dining experiences were fulfilling. I would love to welcome you back again so that you can take advantage of even more of what we have to offer.
Montevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

A nice hotel and villas ( I stayed in both) very nice pool and more( I did not have time to visit the spa!) very nice restaurants and very nice rooms.Far away from the airport but near the beach , restaurants and shops. I would come back

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. While many who visit come to enjoy a world class golf encounter at TPC Sawgrass, others stay to take advantage of the many amenities you have mentioned from our four outdoor pools to our private Cabana Beach Club and more. For your next trip you should definitely schedule in some relaxing Spa time! It was our pleasure to welcome you for your most recent visit and we look forward to your next.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,415 reviews

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!