“A Lovely Splurge”

Palm Valley Fish Camp
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Valley Fish Camp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Part of a small chain that includes Marker 32 and North Beach Fish Camp
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Palm Valley Fish Camp is not the sort of place you would want to go on a whim for a regular dinner. First of all, you WILL need reservations. It's small and fills up very quickly. Second, it's wonderful food, but it is pricey. That said, for a special occasion or a minor celebration, this is a solid choice. While visiting our son and his family, my husband and I took the whole crew to dinner there on a Friday evening. There were 4 adults and two children (6 and 8 years old). We went at 5:15 in order to get there before the dinner rush, but we weren't there more than 10 or 15 minutes before the whole place was filled. Despite the sudden influx of customers, we had great service. The wine recommendation was a perfect fit with our food selection (a Portuguese white wine), and the descriptions of both the specials and the answers to questions about regular meal items were accurate and helpful. My son and I had the raw oysters appetizer--fresh, large, plump, delicious! The rest of the table enjoyed the calamari and said it was good. I got the seared ahi tuna with sesame, salad, and avocado and it was exceptional! It was a lovely experience, fabulous food, attentive and capable service. Now, this all comes with a price. I haven't asked my husband how much it cost, but I'm pretty sure it was around $200 so it's definitely not the kind of place you'd want to go often, but it you want a splurge, this is where you want to go! And don't forget to make a reservation several days ahead of time!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Overall we had a very good meal and a nice experience. However I feel like they try to jam too many tables and too many people in the restaurant to make this a really great experience. The setting and decor make for a nice ambience but with all the people it is loud and difficult to hear. Parking is also very limited, but the valet did a magnificent job in maneuvering all the cars. Definitely try to get a reservation or come in an off time.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We came to the restaurant for dinner on August 7. We did not have a reservation. When we arrived, we were first told that we could be seated immediately if we were willing to sit outside. That was quickly revised to a 30 minute wait. No problem - we were told that there were 2 tables about ready to go and we were second in line. One hour and 5 minutes later we saw that the second table was empty. We asked if we could sit down and were told by the waitress that she just needed to check with her manger. He then came out and said that they were running 30 minutes behind seating reservations and that they needed to be seated first. He refused to give us any estimate of when we would be seated! I understand that there needs to be a certain loyalty to those who reserve, but it is not ok to tell walk ins that it will be 30 minutes and then after 65 say "oops - it could be forever." Fortunately, sanity prevailed and we were seated at that table 10 minutes later. The food was good and our waitress was awesome. My advice - get a reservation and be prepared to wait even then.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I heard many good things about this place, so I decided to bring my girlfriend for dinner on a Saturday night. The parking lot was full, and I was alarmed that the valet parking attendant yelled at me for parking off-site. Sorry that you missed out on your tip, dude, but get some manners, bro.

Regardless, we were seated right away upon arriving at 6 pm. Our server, Chasey, helped us pick the right items on the menu. We ordered the Asian Tuna Salad, which we highly recommend. It was the most unique salad we've ever tried, and delicious with every bite. We ordered the Blackened Mahi Mahi with cheese grits. It was cooked perfectly. Overall, the food was excellent. Outdoor seating was a bonus. Arrive earlier than 6:30 on the weekends because it's a small, but popular place. Chasey was very helpful and attentive. We will be back.

1  Thank JaxPhotographer
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Visited my first fish camp on the intercostal and was wowed with great service (efficient valet parking, knowledgable servers). We were promptly seated, availed of the specials, and food was produced in a timely fashion! Excellent seafood options ( mahi mahi, shrimp, crayfish). Having never had grits before, I am now a convert! Yummy offerings all around. Sure to return (time and time again)!