“Another Nice Stay.”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Another Nice Stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Due to a funeral, we needed to find a hotel for a last minute trip to Ponte Vedra Beach. Immediately, we looked to the Hilton. We have stayed here several times, all without disappointment. The staff here make it so welcoming. They are cheerful and caring no matter what time of day. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
HGIPVB, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear Lumkin,

We are very sorry for your recent loss. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and staff. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to us and hope to see you here again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Central FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We lucked out when I requested early check-in (which cannot be guaranteed) so got to room an hour or so earlier than 3 pm. Yeah! Our 2 bed room was large and loved having a refrig and microwave. The beds were comfy. There were stains on the bathroom walls and a nasty one by the sink which kept drawing my eyes to it. The bath and toilet room was very small but then we had a very large separate sink area right outside of it so.... TV super-sized and on a built-in turntable for viewing adjustments. I loved the chair and ottoman next to the window. There was also a comfy desk chair for my husband to sit in. We received a great price with our AAA for room. Staff was very nice. The other guests staying by our room kept their noise level down---very considerate. Cute little pool area on the ground level with an outdoor spa included. One great perk outside of the hotel is that you can walk to stores and restaurants via the parking lots attached. The hotel is very close to the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall which is why we picked it to stay at.

Room Tip: The adjacent shopping center is under construction so I would recommend getting a room on the north...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
HGIPVB, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Sweetgrits1950,
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that you noticed all the amenties we have added to improve our guests experiences. I apologize for the stains on the bathroom wall and near the sink. We are in the process of updating our rooms now and hope you'll get a chance to visit us again to see the improvements.
Palm Beach Gardens
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Items in shopping bag disappeared from my room, food & food service terrible, rooms not clean. My colleague and I stayed here for two nights. We arrived late & ordered food to take to our room. The waiter was doing shots with the customers so that may have had something to do with the poor service. They messed up my order only giving me half what I ordered (he did bring the missing items to my room). My colleague & his wife had a salad that wasn't edible, nasty rusty wilted lettuce. I had several items in a bag on the desk in my room, they were stolen while we were gone on Wednesday.
In all fairness, the manager is sending me a check for the items stolen but I would rather have my purchases. She also credited my meal. I do not trust this location and will never stay here again. Certainly not typical of Hilton.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank artlovinchik
Dear artlovinchik,

We sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us and truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to bring it to our attention while you were still here at the hotel. That allowed us to quickly respond to your needs. We pride ourselves in providing the “greatest customer experiences – each day, every time,” and I am truly sorry that we failed you this time around.

Please be assured that guest security is very important to us. All employees, including our room attendants, undergo extensive background checks and meet employee compliance requirements, including random checks. We have started a thorough investigation into the incident, and we will make whatever changes are necessary to ensure future guests are not similarly inconvenienced.

The management of the third-party restaurant have also been notified of your service complaints. I have already authorized a full refund on your restaurant charges. I hope you receive this as a sign o four commitment to our guests and the experiences they have with us.

Again, we deeply regret the incident that occurred during your stay, and hope that you'll allow us to make it up to you at some time in the future.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We got a suite for around $130 a night. Plenty of space to say the least. Some lack of attention to detail by room service. The coffee maker needed a wash when we arrived and the bathroom had dirty marks on the wall. Staff very good otherwise and noted my concerns. Publix adjacent demolished and whole shopping area is in the course of redevelopment. Didn't really affect anything other than making it a longer journey for supplies. Very good location for St Augustine and Jacksonville.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
HGIPVB, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear Chris_Stern,
Thanks for writing a review (I love the title, "Very good price"). Large rooms, a great location and an excellent staff are our biggest assets. I apologize for the condition of the coffee maker and the dirty bathroom wall. We hope you'll stay with us again, especially after completion of Sawgrass Village redevelopment - it promises to be quite outstanding!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

This is the nicest Hilton Garden Inn I've ever seen!! Rooms are great and we had an amazing hot tub! Starbucks coffee for free in the lobby! Staff friendly. Convenient to shopping, golf, and beach. Mulligans restaurant for breakfast was ok, not great, but I think they are trying to improve. Staff at Mulligans were VERY helpful and accommodating. Definitely go to Pussers Landing around the corner for dinner. It's next to Ruth Chris and MUCH better food and atmosphere!!!

• Stayed February 2013
HGIPVB, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear lfaw,
What a great compliment - "nicest...ever seen"! We appreciate your taking the time share your high opinion! I'm sorry that Mulligans failed to similarly impress but your are right, they are trying to improve. We hope to get another change to serve you in the future.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Overall, we found the room to be very nice though the mattress was a bit firm for my taste. The hotel had a good staff. The icing on the cake however, was Meredith in the connecting pub style restaurant, Mulligan's. Her great customer service and wonderful smile was truly, "value added!"

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
HGIPVB, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Chipster54,
What a nice comment about Meredith! Thank you. I'll be sure to share your kind words with her. No doubt it'll bring a smile to her bright face.
Freeland, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Nice hotel. Nice sized rooms. Ok selection of channels on TV (didn't have Bravo so couldn't watch Top Chef finale which was disappointing). Nice enough fitness room. The king size bed was really firm and not real comfortable. I slept OK though. All and all very convenient for golfing at TPC Sawgrass and the price was as close to as good as any in town.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hotel. TPC Sawgrass does make an excellent neighbor.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,413 reviews
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra? Share your experiences!