“Minnesotans escaping the cold love good barbecue in the South.”

Barb and Wally's Down South Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 February 2014

With lean meaty ribs and delicious barbecued brisket this place has won our hearts. We loved being able to select our own sauces. What happens when S. Carolina sauce mixes with Georgia sauce on fall-off-the bones ribs? Worth a visit to try it. The owner, Wally, made us feel true Southern hospitality in his Down South Barbecue. We try to avoid chain restaurants and this was a great find! Can't wait to come back to Ponte Vedra to stop at Barb and Wally's again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Do yourself a favor and stop in. I had the brisket sandwich and Hubby had the ribs. Both entrees were terrific. The place is small and not so fancy but don't let that dissuade you, the food and Wally, the Owner make this a stand out joint. An added bonus is that it's about 2 minutes away from the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, so if you're going to a show, this is the perfect dinner and show combo.

Littleton, CO

Reviewed 16 January 2014

If you want BBQ in the JAX beach area, this is the place to go. It isn't much to look at and it isn't very big, but the meats are smoked perfectly and the sauces add to the experience, and do not overpower the meats. I am not crazy about the brisket (not a fan of pulled brisket) but pork and the turkey are incredible. I love them. My absolute favorite is the smoked dark chicken. This is so moist and has so much taste that you should try it without the sauce. It is great! My wife really likes the burgers. We both love the pork ribs. The sides are equally as good. My favorites are the baked beans and the collard greens, but the cheesy potatoes and mac and cheese are very good too. Stop in an eat it there or take it home. You will thank yourself for doing it.

1  Thank philly099
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Quarter white chicken meal is outstanding, wonderful selection of sauces. Best place to get Bar B Q in Ponte Vedra, nice guys that run the place.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Awesome barbecue! My wife had a pulled pork sandwich and I had Baby-back ribs... some of he best that I've had! The owner is friendly and made us feel like home... we will definitely come again!