This is an excellent place to stay if you are looking for a relaxing getaway. My husband and I went for a Fr-Tuesday kid-free vacation and it was just perfect. There is not much to do around, so I wouldn't recommend to stay longer. The Lodge is great, our room #325 was perfect: nice, large bathroom, balcony looking out on the beach and king size bed. The staff couldn't be more attentive and friendly. The housekeeping was superb, actually the best of any place we have ever stayed. The beach is amazing: perfect for lounging and long walks. The water is warm and the sand is soft. The nice thing about the beach is that it is covered in shells, which makes for great sea shell hunts as you walk. We ate breakfast at the Inlet twice and it was ok, not fabulous, but not horrible either. The Oasis was ok as well, too expensive for what it was, but convenient. One thing I didn't enjoy was the drinks at the Oasis. We have ordered $45 pitcher os Sangria, and it was very disappointing. There were a few berries floating in it, it tasted of cheap white whine and the volume was laughable: we got 2.5 drinks out of the pitcher as mostly it was ice. Not tasty at all! Drinks overall were a hit or miss, I guess depending on the bar tender. At times they were great, at times I couldn't drink them at all. I didn't get to experience the spa as a day before the day I planned to go, they didn't have any availability, so make sure to book well ahead. Overall, this is a great place to stay if you are looking for a nice and quiet getaway. We enjoyed the beach so much, we are starting to look for a winter home to buy here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, The Lodge & Club is situated in the lovely seaside setting of Ponte Vedra Beach. Framed by graceful palms and rolling dunes, the intimate AAA Four-Diamond boutique hotel has charmed guests with world-class amenities and gracious service since its debut in 1989. Panoramic vistas of the Atlantic provide an awe-inspiring setting for The Lodge's 66 luxurious rooms and suites. Indulgent days are spent enjoying the Atlantic surf, shelling along the beach, swimming, surfing, cycling and sampling The Lodge's inventive cuisine. Nearby, guests have access privileges to oceanfront golf, world-class tennis and a relaxing spa. The Lodge & Club and its nearby sister property, Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, comprise the oceanfront luxury vacation experience known as Ponte Vedra Beach Resorts. Hotel guests enjoy reciprocal access to the amenities of both establishments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge And Club At Ponte Vedra Beach Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- The Lodge And Club At Ponte Vedra Beach Florida