“If you are looking for R&R in style, look no further!”

The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
Summit, New Jersey, United States
“If you are looking for R&R in style, look no further!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is an excellent place to stay if you are looking for a relaxing getaway. My husband and I went for a Fr-Tuesday kid-free vacation and it was just perfect. There is not much to do around, so I wouldn't recommend to stay longer. The Lodge is great, our room #325 was perfect: nice, large bathroom, balcony looking out on the beach and king size bed. The staff couldn't be more attentive and friendly. The housekeeping was superb, actually the best of any place we have ever stayed. The beach is amazing: perfect for lounging and long walks. The water is warm and the sand is soft. The nice thing about the beach is that it is covered in shells, which makes for great sea shell hunts as you walk. We ate breakfast at the Inlet twice and it was ok, not fabulous, but not horrible either. The Oasis was ok as well, too expensive for what it was, but convenient. One thing I didn't enjoy was the drinks at the Oasis. We have ordered $45 pitcher os Sangria, and it was very disappointing. There were a few berries floating in it, it tasted of cheap white whine and the volume was laughable: we got 2.5 drinks out of the pitcher as mostly it was ice. Not tasty at all! Drinks overall were a hit or miss, I guess depending on the bar tender. At times they were great, at times I couldn't drink them at all. I didn't get to experience the spa as a day before the day I planned to go, they didn't have any availability, so make sure to book well ahead. Overall, this is a great place to stay if you are looking for a nice and quiet getaway. We enjoyed the beach so much, we are starting to look for a winter home to buy here.

Room Tip: Get the ocean front room, the views and sounds are unbelievable.
1 Thank Natalya P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Vilano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is really getting to be old hat, the Lodge and Club always delivers on it's promise of service. We've stayed here several times over the years, even after we bought a house 25 min. south of the Lodge...I've seen other reviews that indicate folks have had issues that did not live up to expectations, and I don't doubt them , but it's never happened to us. We just returned from a long (Thurs-Sun) weekend trip there, and once again the staff made the experience great for us. Our room was ready when we arrived, and the folks at the front desk recognized us by name and seemed truely happy to see us return. The bell staff had our bags in the room and waiting for us when we got there, I still have no idea how they did this so quickly...With the morning grooming each day, the beach has gotten better over the years...great for long walks. Once again I can't recommend this enough...and no, I don't work for them...

Room Tip: Ocean Suite was our best choice, overlooks the pool and beach...large room, fireplace...enjoy
1 Thank JohnA51
Berkshire, England
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We suffered from staying here on a public holiday weekend but even so the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.
The room was great, with a fantastic bathroom and a nice patio outside with an ocean view.
Places are never at their best when operating at full capacity but this was fairly ok. Only gripe would be, with a storm imminent and having placed an order for dinner in the oceanfront patio restaurant, the only response to "what do we d if it rains" was to provide some plastic trays. Maybe a more considered strategy is needed here.
Beach is fantastic and you can walk for miles or swim/surf.
Rooms described as ocean view vary from full frontal to limited view.
Overall really enjoyed this facility though there are few alternative dining facilities within easy reach and none on foot.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high floor true ocean front
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank merv1955
memphis, tn
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was one of the most relaxing resorts that I have ever visited. I will briefly mention one minor incident and then move on with my review. I am use to the bellman or valet opening my door whenever my husband and I arrive at fine resorts, restaurants, etc. However, this was not the case here. Upon our arrival to this beautiful place, the valet passed me by and opened my husband's door, leaving me to fend for myself. Not that I'm helpless or anything, but I'm sure that you get my point. Of course, this did not set a good first impression for either my husband or myself. We chose to self park and not use valet for the remainder of our stay. Self parking was right across the street and was no problem. The resort does charge for valet parking but I am not sure of the cost. But this is normal in today's world! Ok, so with that said, let's move on to the rest of my stay!

Rooms - Oceanfront is a must if cost will allow you to do so! We had a preferred ocean front. These rooms have two balconies. One balcony faces the ocean and the other balcony faces either the pool or the fountain and courtyard. It depends on which one you receive upon check in. The first night we were placed in room 308 and our side balcony faced the pool. This probably would not have been a big issue if the side of our ocean facing balcony, was not open to everyone in the pool and Oasis Bar and Lounge as well. So basically, regardless of which balcony that we were on in room 308, we were exposed to the pool goers and had no privacy. I am enclosing photos so that you will have a basic idea of what I am saying. This might not be an issue for you if you are a pool goer. The pool is definitely at your door step and it is adults only. The second morning I went to the front desk and asked to be moved to another preferred ocean front room away from the pool. Thankfully, another one was available and the request was not a problem. We were moved to room 421. In this room, the side balcony opened to the fountain and courtyard! Less people, less noise, and a lot more relaxing! The side of the ocean facing balcony was open to the courtyard as well but again, no people and no noise. Every night my husband and I sat on the ocean facing balcony in our robes, drinking wine and listening to the beautiful sounds of the waves. You could not beat it! I'm ready to go back!

Restaurants - Innlet Dining Room- We ate breakfast in the Innlet Dining Room every day. Cost ranged from $38 - $45 per day. Omelette, breakfast potatoes, toast was about $12. Small cup of juice $4. Coffee or tea $3. The resort automatically charges 20% gratuity in all restaurants. In my opinion, they deserved it. If I had to count, I would say that they came to your side at least 20 times to see if you needed anything. Coffee and tea glasses were always quickly refilled.

Oasis - The Oasis was a very nice outside restaurant and bar. We enjoyed several meals here at various times throughout the day. On two evenings, we went during happy hour. The mahi tacos were one of my favorites. The eggrolls and fried macaroni were pretty good too. My husband said that the burger was tasty as well. We didn't eat dinner at either place because I always use trip advisor and venture out to the number 1 and number 2 places when visiting out of town. In Ponte Vedra, Fl, Restaurant Medure is rated number 1 and Palm Valley Fish Camp was rated number 2. If you decide to venture out to Palm Valley Fish Camp, try the bread pudding. You will not be disappointed.

Spa- As resort guests, you are allowed to use spa facilities down the street at their sister resort, Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. The resort provides a free shuttle. The spa was very nice and honestly, the pictures on the Inn's website does not do it justice. I'm not able to post a picture of the spa because they don't allow cameras, photos, or cell phones inside. After check in, you are whisked away and your tour begins in the beautiful lounge area that has multiple relaxing seating areas (several chaise lounges, couches, stools) on one side and quaint café on the other side to enjoy a meal either alone or with good company. After finishing your tour and changing into robes and slippers, the lounge is where they ask you to return and wait until your therapist comes to gather you. Relaxing sounds and pleasant smells make you just sit back and close your eyes! The lounge and cafe are coed but everything else is separate. The women's side has a steam room, sauna, and Jacuzzi. All were really nice. After receiving my massage and utilizing the other amenities, I went outside to the spa pool, sat in a chaise lounge under a gazebo covered area, read my nook and ordered lunch to be brought to me at pool side. The pool has a waterfall that just serenades you. I would plan to spend an entire day here. Especially if your husband or date if off playing golf. They do automatically add 20% gratuity to spa services as well.

Beach- Wow! Where do I start? Simply wonderful! And right at your footsteps! We rented beach chairs and an umbrella from the resort on one of our days and stayed all day. The breeze and the sounds just lulled you like a baby. Cost of beach rental is $15 per item. Two chairs and an umbrella- $45. The attendant brings your items to whatever location that you prefer and drills hole to set up your umbrella. They didn't have waiters or anyone to come around and offer drinks or food though. That wasn't such a big deal since the Oasis was within walking distance. My husband made a quick trip and all was well. We walked along the beach in the late evenings as well. And again, we sat on our balcony at night! I think that you get the picture. Very, very relaxing.

Golf- My husband played at the Lagoon Course and said that it was nice. Cost $115 plus tax.

Housekeeping- Very efficient. Left a note on door indicating that they didn't clean room or bring towels one day because we had privacy sign on door all day. No big deal. Husband and I left and went out to eat dinner that night. Came back. Turn down service had been performed and fresh towels provided. But what really impressed me was the fact that in my haste to get to the restaurant, I left my diamond necklace, wedding rings, and other jewelry on the dresser. Upon return to the room, all items were exactly where I had left them. Kudos to the housekeeping staff.

Final analysis- One of the best and most relaxing vacations that I have ever had. And believe me, I'm very picky.

Room Tip: Ocean front is a must!
3 Thank tbtravel68
Burlington, WI
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Thanks Jeremiah, Max, Keri, Jay and everyone else at the Lodge. Room # 426 was beyond perfect. This place in truly right one the beach, and what a beautiful beach. So peaceful, romantic and beautiful. Courtyards, pools, great restaurants, breathtaking views and incredible service. From my first phone call to the restaurant to checkout, they just took great care of us. They set up our transportation to and from airport (Thanks Rich!!!) and this is a perfect way to get to and from airport. Forget renting a car, you wont need it. A staff member gave us a ride to an offsite restaurant 10 minutes away. Otherwise we never even considered leaving the hotel. Great walks on a very long quiet beach night and day. Sunrise: WOW!!!. This place is topnotch beautiful with topnotch service. Taking friends and family here at least once a year from now on!!! Wait until you see the rooms and the views!!! Thanks to everyone at the hotel!

Room Tip: They are all perfect but the oceanfront rooms are perfect. Save $$$ is you want just an oceanview...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Went for a quiet get away with my husband and hoped for the best. This place was FANTASTIC. Got there earlier than check in time and greeted with a smile and no problem getting the room. Room on the oceanfront with a balcony and queen beds. Absolutely beautiful and so clean. The bathroom was HUGE!! Double vanity, shower and spa tub with beautiful tiled floor, beds clean and very comfortable. Housekeeping so friendly and kept everything clean, loved the little gifts they gave you each night with the turn down service. Sea glass, little turtle and starfish. Only had breakfast in restaurant and went after running on beach in morning and told no problem coming in. Food and staff great. Got beach chairs and umbrella for each day and the gentleman working was so friendly and helpful. We will ABSOLUTELY come back. Planning on coming back in the spring. So quiet, beach was so great, very private, no tripping over people everywhere you go. Also had a fire pit lit each night but, was out visit family each night so, did not get to enjoy.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are to die for. You are right there, stayed on the third floor and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful property. The services are amazing. Rooms comfortable. Cell phones service in some rooms not very good but they provide free local calls and wifi.

Cleaning service and turn down spot on.

Beautiful beaches. Gym is perfect, bikes on premise. Bikes need more maintainance

The restaurant is very good, high service. Small but good wine list.

The only negative is pool area get hot from stone pavers, not enough shade.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach? Share your experiences!