The on site restaurant has terrific service. VERY attentive waiters and tasty food...even our banquet food was good. Being from Texas we were surprised at the cold weather at the beginning of the week late March to early April stay. Very windy so the outdoor dinner was freezing and they have no heaters for outdoor dining. The spa is phenomenal except for the over-selling that slightly dampened the mood during my massage. I had 7 recommendations, none of which I asked for and it was hard for me to relax with my masseuse constantly recommending a new product for my dry skin (which I did not know I had) and then for my sleep problems (which I don't have) ...it went on. Okay enough of the bad... the positives: great access to the beach, the Spa had an outdoor pool that was adult only and very attentive attendants at their cabana. The spa is huge and definitely worth a visit for the entire day. Just make sure you tell your masseuse you prefer not to talk during the massage prior to beginning. The scents provided were top notch. Fireplace in our room was enjoyed, the rooms are quite large with kitchenette which we like for fruit in the morning. Maid service comes twice a day and are VERY good at coming back when you are not in the room. The valet guys were fun and friendly, appreciated their good moods. The pool/patio area just up from the beach is heated and a mere walk from your room. Try the white sangria at the pool and their key lime pie is to die for. LOVED it. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. Very minor items all considering and if we were in town again for a conference I would stay here again. Beach walks were nice, not too shelly for bare feet. A great place to bring the kids. Oh last thing - the gym! my husband said it was small with little equipment but I went to the classes and I have been to a lot of country clubs where they are very unwelcoming of non-members who are hotel guests - not so at this gym. Each instructor welcomed me and the front desk staff at the gym was so kind and welcoming. I understand some guests are not prudent of the members at a club but at this gym I did not feel like an outsider. I really appreciated the gym staff. Thank you again for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, The Lodge & Club is situated in the lovely seaside setting of Ponte Vedra Beach. Framed by graceful palms and rolling dunes, the intimate AAA Four-Diamond boutique hotel has charmed guests with world-class amenities and gracious service since its debut in 1989. Panoramic vistas of the Atlantic provide an awe-inspiring setting for The Lodge's 66 luxurious rooms and suites. Indulgent days are spent enjoying the Atlantic surf, shelling along the beach, swimming, surfing, cycling and sampling The Lodge's inventive cuisine. Nearby, guests have access privileges to oceanfront golf, world-class tennis and a relaxing spa. The Lodge & Club and its nearby sister property, Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, comprise the oceanfront luxury vacation experience known as Ponte Vedra Beach Resorts. Hotel guests enjoy reciprocal access to the amenities of both establishments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge And Club At Ponte Vedra Beach Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- The Lodge And Club At Ponte Vedra Beach Florida