“Favorite Florida resort”

The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Favorite Florida resort”
Reviewed 25 January 2010

For a wonderful weekend retreat in an ocean front resort, The Lodge and Club is one of my favorite resorts. This charming and just the right size resort provides "right on the beach" ocean front rooms, very attentive and friendly staff, fine dining, poolside bar and grill and much more. Spacious rooms, some with fireplaces, large bathrooms with garden tubs and separate showers, and rooms with balconies overlooking the pool and beach are just a few of this resorts amenities. The Ponte Vedra Beach area is also a very lovely community with great restaurants nearby and plenty to do after the sun sets. For that special pampered weekend or extended vacation, I highly recommend The Lodge and Club.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 25 January 2010

This was a beautiful place to stay. Beside the ocean, we could see the water on our personal balcony and open the windows at night to hear the rhythm of the waves as they tumbled on shore. Our room was elegantly appointed and white glove clean. It felt like a spacious retreat. We enjoyed the quiet serenity, but also enjoyed delicious tapas at the bar. Guests were friendly and we enjoyed sharing the early evening.
The beach property was beautiful and the architecture of the hotel made me feel as if I were on the Italian rivera.
The staff of the lodge were very friendly and made every effort to make sure that our stay was pleasant. When I had to make a request at the front desk I was responded to promptly, pleasantly and professionally.
I would go back again at the next opportunity. The ambiance is lovely.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 January 2010

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was excited to stay at the Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach. That excitement soon turned to disappointment, however, as I came to realize this is anything but a four-star resort. When I got to the resort, my room wasn't ready so I had to wait an hour or so. When I got to my room there was an overwhelming musty smell that reminded me of my high school locker room. I immediately called the front desk and they willingly moved me to another room. The new room had dirty carpet and the ceiling in the bathroom had mold on it, but it didn't have that horrible smell, so I took the room. I shouldn't have. I later found out the air conditioner sounded like a 747 taxiing down JFK. And on the third day I was there, I woke to ants crawling all over the kitchen despite not leaving food out. I immediately called the front desk and they took care of the problem while I left the room. I thought about changing rooms again, but with all of my stuff unpacked, I didn't feel like bothering. I just wanted my stay to be over. I can honestly say I've never paid so much for a room and been so disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank chrisAtlanta_10
Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2009

We were looking for a place to spend our anniversary within a few hours of where we lived. We checked out a number of luxury hotels in the Jacksonville, Amelia Island area and all were very nice but we knew we’d found the place for us when we walked into the Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra.

The Lodge is reasonably small (under 70 rooms) which provided the more intimate feeling we wanted for our anniversary. It had all the amenities we cared most about plus access to the broader range of amenities at the Ponte Vedra Inn. It’s close to everything in Ponte Vedra (shops, restaurants, golf, etc.) but it also makes you feel like you’re far away from it all.

While doing our ‘research’ we toured a few of the room types and choose the mid-level room which had a vaulted ceiling, fireplace, jetted tub and two balconies with french doors, one directly facing the ocean, the other overlooking the pool and ocean. For us, this room had the romantic feeling we were looking for.

The Lodge does many little things that make a place special, but most importantly they truly care that their guests have a wonderful stay. The entire staff provided great service, especially Brad from the Bell Stand and Jason from the Oasis Pool/Ocean Bar. It was easy to find the time alone we were looking for but we also met and had a great time with many of the wonderful members of the Lodge. Put it all together and it was exactly what we were looking for and we hope to return many times.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TripleC
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 October 2009

My colleague found this hotel while we were exploring places to stay near our Jacksonville office while conducting an office move. The rooms were very nice, ours overlooked the beach and the family pool. The bathroom was very large with a jetted tub and separate shower. This hotel also had an adults only pool which was very relaxing. We enjoyed their poolside bar which also offered lunch. The dining room was nice but fancy.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
wookie102
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I grew up in Ponte Vedra, went to elementary and high school there (if Nease is considered a Ponte Vedra school), I've since moved away to DC with my fiance. Over labor day weekend, we flew in to Jacksonville and decided to stay at the Lodge and Club. I had always seen this place when I was growing up along with the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club, so I decided to give it a try and spend a little extra money.

I decided on the Lodge and Club over Ponte Vedra Inn and Club because I knew it was a little more modern although it lacked many amenities that the Inn and Club has, such as tennis courts (note: the Lodge and Club does have a free shuttle to and from).

My fiance fell in love with the Lodge and Club. We stayed in a "Preferred Oceanfront Room" which meant the room had two balconies and a fireplace along with a king size bed. The bed is very comfortable. The fireplace is a gas fireplace and doesn't really heat the room up, it is more there for the ambiance. The room was right on the beach, if I were to jump over the balcony, I'd land in sand.

The Service was great! The place charges a gratuity rate on everything, and I wasn't able to buy anything with money. I had to use my "resort charge card" they gave me at check-in for all purchases (food, drinks, etc). The rates also includes gratuity for the bellman and the "turndown" service.

Every night, the cleaning service leaves a shell and a card describing the shell along with some very good mint chocolates on the bed. The service was top notch.

The only complaint I have is that the walls are very, very thin! I could hear people walking through the hall way to the pool, and they weren't even screaming, just regular talking. I could also hear the people occassionally in the room next to us. And in the room above us, we could hear their footsteps and when they rolled their suitcase along with everytime they flushed the toliet. Other than the thin walls, which weren't too bad, because at night everyone was relativley quiet, this place was a very, very nice place.

Only because the walls were too thin, do I think this is NOT a five or four star resort, but a very solid three star.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2009

After all the positive reviews we read on Tripadvisor prior to our trip, we were somewhat disappointed with what we found. Let me begin by saying that the location is beautiful. The beach is wide and kept clean. The staff is the other thing that this hotel has going for it. They were all very friendly and helpful.
The hotel has 66 rooms and was originally built in 1988 and redone in the early 2000s. We had an oceanfront king that was a nice size and had a small balcony that overlooked the beach/ocean. While the room appeared to be clean, the carpet was dirty and frayed in spots. The mattress was a bit lumpy and the linens did not properly fit and kept coming off on the edges. The air conditioning cooled the room sufficiently but did not remove the humidity from the air. The linens and our clothes constantly felt wet. The room had a musty smell that permeated our clothes. After living with flat screened TVs it was difficult to see the small screened set that was shoved into an armoire across from the bed.
The food, while not inexpensive, was not of a consistent quality. The kitchen seems to do better with their fish dishes than they do their beef.
Initially, we felt that we had gotten a good room rate, but after the hotel adds in the nightly resort fee ($18/nt), taxes and parking we did not feel that the room was a good value for what we paid. Also, something they don't tell you upfront is that there is a 20% gratuity included in any food or bar bill.
While we did have a relaxing 4nts/5days, I'm not sure we would return.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank childrens1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,011 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,441 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach? Share your experiences!