“still the place to stay in Ponte Vedra”

The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Spent 4 days to enjoy our anniversary on the beach...and enjoyed every minute...from check-in and the front desk staff, to the room (had the preferred ocean front)...and the resturants...all were very good, made better by a really attentive staff...who seaming know everyones name on sight. Were there misteps, maybe...but none significant enough to recall...we'll be going back !

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach

Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband and I stayed the weekend at the Lodge and Club in Ponte
Vedra Beach, Florida on a friend's recommendation. The area and the
resort were absolutely beautiful but the most impressive part of our
trip was the courteous service that we received from the staff. It is
very hard today in the tough economy to find a well priced trip and
still receive great service.

When we arrived a bell person immediately approached our vehicle and
offered a very sincere greeting. We were escorted inside to the front
desk where we were again warmly greeted. Our reservations were
confirmed and to our delight the room was ready for us. The front
desk kindly made reservations for us in the upstairs dining room and
made suggestions on local attractions.

We were escorted to our room by a bell person and the room was
just what the reservationist said it would be. A beautiful corner
room with a breath taking view of the ocean. It really is what I
would call charming. I had asked the reservationist what room would
be the best for a romantic getaway and I was pleased to find her
suggestion was perfect for us.

We enjoyed our dinner at the Lodge dining room Friday evening and had dinner
at the Sea Foam room at the Inn on Saturday. Both meals were excellent and the
service once again was spot on.

Over all I cannot say enough about how great our stay was and we
are looking forward to returning in the late spring when we can open
our balcony doors in our favorite corner room. I am now trying to
convince my best friend to book her wedding at the Lodge because it is
such a quaint place with superb attention to detail!

Thank you all for such a wonderful visit, we will return soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2010

We were fortunate to be able to ring in the new year at The Lodge again. We like the beautiful beachfront location, the gracious and attentive service, and delicious food. The Ocean Suites have gas fireplaces, kitchenettes, and a parlor area with table, sofa, and comfy chair that are conducive to chilling out and getting room service. Since The Lodge is an intimate 66 room hotel, room service is always prompt and the food is always hot and fresh. We enjoyed the special prix fixe New Year's dinner. The Spa and its fabulous couple's rooms are just five minutes up the road. The Lodge (and The Inn) are members-only clubs, but guests have the use of all facilities. I'm sure that the private clubs and their membership fees help subsidize the excellent meals and facilities. It just so happens that our visit coincided with a blue moon, but we certainly won't wait till the next one to returr - this was our fourth visit, and we will be back again!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2010

For a wonderful weekend retreat in an ocean front resort, The Lodge and Club is one of my favorite resorts. This charming and just the right size resort provides "right on the beach" ocean front rooms, very attentive and friendly staff, fine dining, poolside bar and grill and much more. Spacious rooms, some with fireplaces, large bathrooms with garden tubs and separate showers, and rooms with balconies overlooking the pool and beach are just a few of this resorts amenities. The Ponte Vedra Beach area is also a very lovely community with great restaurants nearby and plenty to do after the sun sets. For that special pampered weekend or extended vacation, I highly recommend The Lodge and Club.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2010

This was a beautiful place to stay. Beside the ocean, we could see the water on our personal balcony and open the windows at night to hear the rhythm of the waves as they tumbled on shore. Our room was elegantly appointed and white glove clean. It felt like a spacious retreat. We enjoyed the quiet serenity, but also enjoyed delicious tapas at the bar. Guests were friendly and we enjoyed sharing the early evening.
The beach property was beautiful and the architecture of the hotel made me feel as if I were on the Italian rivera.
The staff of the lodge were very friendly and made every effort to make sure that our stay was pleasant. When I had to make a request at the front desk I was responded to promptly, pleasantly and professionally.
I would go back again at the next opportunity. The ambiance is lovely.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2010

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was excited to stay at the Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach. That excitement soon turned to disappointment, however, as I came to realize this is anything but a four-star resort. When I got to the resort, my room wasn't ready so I had to wait an hour or so. When I got to my room there was an overwhelming musty smell that reminded me of my high school locker room. I immediately called the front desk and they willingly moved me to another room. The new room had dirty carpet and the ceiling in the bathroom had mold on it, but it didn't have that horrible smell, so I took the room. I shouldn't have. I later found out the air conditioner sounded like a 747 taxiing down JFK. And on the third day I was there, I woke to ants crawling all over the kitchen despite not leaving food out. I immediately called the front desk and they took care of the problem while I left the room. I thought about changing rooms again, but with all of my stuff unpacked, I didn't feel like bothering. I just wanted my stay to be over. I can honestly say I've never paid so much for a room and been so disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank chrisAtlanta_10
Reviewed 25 November 2009

We were looking for a place to spend our anniversary within a few hours of where we lived. We checked out a number of luxury hotels in the Jacksonville, Amelia Island area and all were very nice but we knew we’d found the place for us when we walked into the Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra.

The Lodge is reasonably small (under 70 rooms) which provided the more intimate feeling we wanted for our anniversary. It had all the amenities we cared most about plus access to the broader range of amenities at the Ponte Vedra Inn. It’s close to everything in Ponte Vedra (shops, restaurants, golf, etc.) but it also makes you feel like you’re far away from it all.

While doing our ‘research’ we toured a few of the room types and choose the mid-level room which had a vaulted ceiling, fireplace, jetted tub and two balconies with french doors, one directly facing the ocean, the other overlooking the pool and ocean. For us, this room had the romantic feeling we were looking for.

The Lodge does many little things that make a place special, but most importantly they truly care that their guests have a wonderful stay. The entire staff provided great service, especially Brad from the Bell Stand and Jason from the Oasis Pool/Ocean Bar. It was easy to find the time alone we were looking for but we also met and had a great time with many of the wonderful members of the Lodge. Put it all together and it was exactly what we were looking for and we hope to return many times.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TripleC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach? Share your experiences!