“Worth the extra fee”
Review of Remy

Remy
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Worth the extra fee”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I ate at Remy on the 6th day of our recent Western Carribean trip on the Disney Fantasy. We both thought it was worth the extra $75 per person. The restaurant is very pretty and relaxing. The meal took about 2 1/2 hours. You begin with an interesting champagne cocktail. I did not particular care for the flavor of it. We decided not to have the wine pairing for $99 more a person and glad we did not since I think we both would not have been able to eat all the courses if we were also drinking wine. We choose the french side of the menu but did make a few substitutions. I had a vegetable course with olive oil ice cream to begin which was very good. My husband had some type of goose liver mousse and he said it was great. We each had the large scallop dish which was cooked perfect but the sauce was overly salty which my husband mentioned to the waiter. Another course had sea bass which melted in your mouth. My husband had a beef course which he said was fantastic. Prior to dessert, the cheese cart comes out and you have a sample plate of various cheeses which was very tasty. Dessert was the best dessert I had the entire time on the Fantasty. It was a chocolate apricot dish, wonderful! Then a plate with various small desserts and candies is brought out. You can take them with you if you want which is what we did. The lemon tart was a mouthful of heaven. Loved it. The nougat with pistachios was also very tasty. You are also given a long stem red rose and when you return to your cabin there is a vase of water waiting for it. You are also given a box with four chocolates in it. I do agree with one of the other reviews, there were two dishes I felt were a bit salty. However, overall the experience was wonderful and I would highly recommend it. If you do not like to take time when eating this place is not for you. Also, we had difficulty understanding the waiter who had a heavy French accent.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kelmel13

Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible experience for us”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First of all let me say that my husband and I are complete foodies - we love good food. We have both lived in France and eaten excellent french food, are well traveled and have eaten in some fantastic restaurants around the world. Last year on the Disney cruise we ate at Palo (the Italian restaurant on the Disney Fantasy) and we loved it. This year we decided we had to try Remy. We booked it so we would finish the cruise on a great note. Unfortunately this was not the case. We did not enjoy the food on the menu though other diners were apparently enjoying it. You have two options a french set menu and a menu created by an American chef. We selected the french menu and we found the dishes over salted and on the whole disappointingly mediocre. The server unfortunately was not helpful either and the chef after talking with us tried but the food just was not to our taste . The visit is a $75 charge per person over and above your cruise cost and for us it was not worth this amount. Our dining experience was not enjoyable.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank SuperTraveler2014
Atlanta
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We just returned from our Disney Cruise and we ate at Remy twice on our trip. AMAZING is the only way to describe it. We have dined at similar type of restaurants over the years but there was something special about Remy. The Service was 5-Star, the entire staff at the restaurant including the sommelier were just so pleasurable and knowledgeable and made the dining experience even that more memorable. And, last but not least, Chef Patrick. He went out and greeted every guest at their table and spent time talking to them. When was the last time you ever saw that? He was so personable and funny and a true master at his craft. The entire experience is just nothing short of a perfect 10!

• Visited March 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Formidable (said with a French accident)”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We took our first Disney Dream cruise and escaped our six kids by having date nighr at Remy. My husband ordered the American menu and I the French, each five courses...and were able to taste 10 different dishes. Big, way big thumbs up! Wonderful service, attention to detail and the food was superb. Highly recommend.

Ottawa, Canada
“Disney Fantasy's ultimate dining experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Congratulations on finding this review, because while Remy is listed under Cape Canaveral restaurants, it’s only there until the propellers start turning on the Disney Fantasy.

So the food on a Disney cruise is probably half the experience; with rotational dining, you’ll have a hard time wondering why it’s not the standard in the industry. Once you’re on the boat, meals and snacks are free of charge, unless you want to go for the Palo or Remy option at an additional cost. So, you may be wondering: Is the additional charge to replace what is already an amazing dining experience worth it? Short answer – it’s worth it – and that’s coming from the cheapest man in NATO.

Remy is the Fantasy’s most exclusive (a.k.a. “expensive”) dining experience, so formal attire (jacket for men, dress/pant suit for women) is required for reservations. If you just want to have a look around, you can actually have a tour of the restaurant as part of the boat’s architecture tour. Be sure to check out the bottle of Chateau Cheval Blanc ’47, which is worth more than the car I drove to the airport.

For those that can recall, the wine is tied in with the movie Ratatouille, which represents the restaurant's overall theme – without being intrusive. Much like the cuisine, the staff is French and memorable. We ended up with reservations for Valentine’s Day, so I successfully scored enough brownie points with the wife to last a few years, or at least until I forget her birthday.

The menu has a few options. The first is to simply order a la carte, which really means that you’re missing out on the full experience. What you’re “supposed” to do is order from the tasting menu, which consists of two different series of small plates. Each series is inspired by one of the two head chefs – one American and one French. Of course with two people the staff highly recommends selecting one of each menus, which allows for you to steal a bite from your spouse on occasion. If an item on the menu isn’t something you’re interested in, there is also a list of substitutes you can choose from.

The food was amazing. Full stop. Over the course of about three hours, I had probably one of the best dining experiences of my life. Now, a pet peeve of mine is haute cuisine that requires you to stop for takeout on the way home because you’re still hungry – not the case here. There was never the feeling of being rushed, and each course flowed smoothly from the last, with a few surprises thrown in for good measure. It would be difficult to pick one of the tasting menus over the other, as each had items that were outstanding. However, one item that did stand out was the wagyu beef, which I can categorically say is the best piece of meat I’ve ever eaten. Unfortunately, it was also sitting on my wife’s plate, so I was only on the receiving end of a few bites. I still dream about those bites.

Paired with a bottle of Chateau Montrose, this was a meal where you don’t think about the price. The food was exquisite, the service was exquisite and the experience was worth every penny.

• Visited February 2014