“LOTs of BUGS, no manager, double charged. AWFUL”

Knights Inn Port Charlotte
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
sarasota
“LOTs of BUGS, no manager, double charged. AWFUL”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Checked into a room full of all kinds of bugs everywhere. I mean the kind of bugs that BITE! Not surprising considering the big gap under the door. Checked out and asked clerk for refund. Checked my account and found they charged me twice! Called and got lied to and stonewalled. "The manager is gone, don't know when he'll be back, can't do anything", etc. Called corporate customer service, more stonewalling, and I'm still fighting for refund. Will begin fraud charges today. I believe all the positive reviews herein are FAKE, don't believe them. It is NOT clean and the owners are NOT nice. Avoid this nasty rat-hole at all costs. The locals tell me this place is known for criminal activity, And a cursory search of local news archives backs this up. A dump run by crooks.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel without bugs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dean j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at Knights Inn Port Charlotte while beginning employment. They are the best around. Very nice. Excellent housekeeping. Computer access always available. I wouldn't stay elsewhere in Port Charlotte.

Room Tip: Plenty of restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here last week. The exterior of the property is beautiful, they have really done a great job with the landscaping. Georgeous palms everywhere you look. The interior was very nice, the bed had the coolest sheets I have ever seen in a hotel. They were printed and so soft! Myself, hubby and our chihuahua slept like rocks! The room was spacious and included an almost full sized refrigerator and microwave. We didn't need them, but it was cool to have just in case. The bathtub was huge and perfect to relax in after a long drive.
I cannot believe some of the reviews about this place, I guess some people are not happy no matter where they are. I will always recommend this hotel to anyone coming this way.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happyhorselady
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed there when my trip turned out to be longer than planned. I needed a basic place to clean up and crash for some overnite rest. Nothing fancy here, everything seemed good enough for the cost... since I was out of my budget already.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JOHNCjr
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2012

From the bed sheets, to the towels, to the front desk staff....HORRIBLE!!! Not a good experience. I only stayed here because of my boss paying for it for work. But I would never spend my money on this place. The breakfast was terrible by the way. So I would not recommend this place to anybody!

• Stayed March 2012
North Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My father and I stayed in this hotel while visiting South Florida. We were trying to get to Naples, but hotels were sold out or overpriced all the way from Port Charlotte down. We were lucky to stumble upon the Knights Inn. The price was fair, the room was clean, and the location was accessible to restaurants and anything else you may need. However, what stood out the most was the absolutely selfless service from the wonderful staff at this establishment. The Patel family knew that we were really struggling to get to Naples and how we kept falling short. In order to help us out, they contacted friends and families that owned hotels in the area we were trying to get to. Low and behold, they reserved a fabulous room for us at a great price, which helped us more than you could imagine. They did not have to do this and got nothing out of it. They simply did it out of the goodness of their hearts, and my father and I greatly appreciated such an act of kindness. We highly recommend staying here. It is a small, one-story hotel, and it is simple and clean and provides all that you need for the night.

Thank you very much to the Patel family. There are very few people out there nowadays that help people just for the sake of helping. You are greatly appreciated!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa O
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I recently stayed here in March of '12. The owners are very nice but that doesn't reflect the shape of the facility. Do not walk around your room in bare feet because the rugs are never washed and need replacement. In fact the whole room needed to be upgraded. There were holes in the bed spreads, cracked lamp shades, bath exhaust fan dirty and falling down, the sheets and pillow cases were yellow and had some funky stains or marking on them. And the kicker were the horrible beds. They killed my back so I tried to flip the mattress. When I lifted it up, the lower bed skirt had this big stain on it. If you want cheap this is it. They have maid service but she can only do so much with these terrible rooms. I wouldn't stay here again unless I needed only one night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
#4 of 7 in Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte

Been to Knights Inn Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!