“Good place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Houston, Texas
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

If you want Quiet, this is the place. Not so much because of the setting, but because there is no one here, literally. There were two cars in the lot and when I had breakfast, i was the only ine there the entire time.i was here for 15 hours and saw one other guest in the hallway. It was like having a private hotel. Rooms are clean, new equipment in the gym, and staff was friendly. I will say the priority gift was lacking, being just a small bottle of water. There are not many places to eat that are convenient, but overall, I would stay again. My biggest problem was the phones. My kept ringing over and over at night, then started again at 5 am. When answering there was a clicking noise, so I am assuming it was something messed up with wake up call service. I finally disconnected both phones to sleep after front desk couldn't figure it out. It is on a beautiful lake, but you can't see it because the willows are so overgrown. Overall, if I am back in the area, I will stay here again because besides the phone thing, it was very quiet, relaxing, and peaceful to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
So glad you had a relaxing stay with us. We have the best clients staying with us even if the hotel was overflowing with guests, I believe you would have been just as satisfied with the atmosphere. We are always working hard to create A Great Hotel Guests Love.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

While on a 4th of July motorcycle trip, we had the pleasure of staying here. We had been riding all day, stopped by a Harley shop in port Charlotte, then went to the holiday inn express for some much needed rest from the sun. As I was walking in, the heel from the boots I had just bought at the Harley shop popped off. I was at the desk calling the Harley shop to see if I could return them the next day. They were not open the following day. The thought of getting back on the MC and riding back there was not very appealing. The front desk manager had over heard my conversation and could evidently see my frustration; and offered to drive me to the Harley shop. Unbelievable! Who does this? Tracie drove me there and was so incredibly nice. Our overnight stay at this hotel was wonderful. A special thank you to Tracie. I hope the hotel management is aware of what an outstanding and friendly person they have representing their establishment.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deidre F
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Deidre,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! I was very disappointed to hear of the problems in your journey to get here, and it was my pleasure to help you! I enjoyed it, as it’s a great feeling to know you made someone’s vacation a little brighter. I hope we will see you again very soon!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Great Hotels Guest Love!

Orlando, FL
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We only stayed one night but were greeted with a friendly smile, a chocolate chip cookie, and helpful advice for restaurants in the area. Our room looked over a small lake with lots of birds and "probably" an alligator. The beds were very clean and comfortable, the air conditioner worked quite well, and the breakfast in the morning was really good--all kinds of warm and cold items. We would definitely stay there again while in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryGinny
medeovin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Charlotte, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear MaryGinny,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Port Charlotte Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am so happy to hear you were greeted with a smile, and that you enjoyed everything. I look forward to your return visits, and wish you safe travels until we see you again!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Great Hotels Guests Love

Tracie Medina, General Manager
Moline, IL
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel two nights (Friday and Sunday) while in Florida for our granddaughter's wedding. We arrived on Friday a little tired after traveling almost all day. The desk clerk greeted us professionally yet was very warm and enthusiastic in her demeanor. She let us know there was complimentary juice as well as coffee. Our room was spacious and very clean and comfortable. Very nice to see the toiletries are now supplied from Bath & Body works (white citrus is my favorite new scent). Very refreshing/clean scent. We both got a good nights rest. When we checked in on Sunday night, a different clerk greeted us just as warmly and offered us bottles of water. We even got the same room as on Friday night. At breakfast the next day, the clerk that greeted us on Friday night was there at the desk and remembered us.

Room Tip: This being our first visit to the Port Charlotte hotel, we couldn't recommend one room or floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary L,

The staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit during your granddaughter’s wedding! It’s such a special day for your family, and I’m happy the staff was warm and caring. We strive to be a Great Hotel that Guests Love, and the staff enjoys making guests smile! Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Charlotte! We hope you will return and visit us again. Thank you for sharing your feedback, which I always share with the staff as well!

Tracie Medina, GM
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We picked this hotel for the location right off I-75. We went to Ft. Myers' waterfront, Venice Beach, Punta Gorda -- The Villages, Peace River, etc. These are areas that we figured would not have the Memorial weekend crowds and we were right. It was a quiet leisurely weekend at the hotel as well as our travel stops. The hotel provided a nice hot breakfast, comfortable beds, and big TV for late night relaxing. We enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank WD80
Dear WD80,

Thank you for picking the Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your stay! Many of our guests love our location as well, as it’s an easy drive to so many great places! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast, comfortable bed and 37” HD TV, and especially that you enjoyed yourselves! The staff and I look forward to your next visit, and thank you taking the time to share your feedback.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We are actually still at the Holiday Inn Express in Port Charlotte. I'm writing this review as I sit on my balcony overlooking a beautiful 20 acre lake! The balcony is a massive 10'x13' making it plenty big enough to enjoy.
My wife and I came down on a business /Pleasure trip.
The rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly as well as helpful. They were happy to give us a few tips to cut our drive time to the lovely town of Punta Gorda, located just about five miles from the hotel. They also suggested a very good and reasonably priced Mexican Resturant as well. If you get the opportunity to come down, make sure to get up and walk out on the balcony, look to the left portion of the lake and you just might see the resident gator making its rounds!

I assure you that if possible, we will be back soon!

Room Tip: As you can see, we loved the balcony room. S make sure to reserve one for your trip. Keep in mind ho...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bullfrogbend
Dear Bullfrogbend,

I am so pleased to hear that your trip with us was such a great one! I especially appreciate the great description of our balcony rooms, guests always enjoy them! I can tell you talked to the staff, as you even know the name of our lake’s alligator! Everyone on the staff enjoys sharing tips and suggestions with guests, and we are so pleased that everything was enjoyed! We know you will be back as well, and look forward to your visit! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Had two room with rewards points. We requested room next to each other and that right where they were. Everyone was very friendly. Breakfast was great, love the pancakes. Beds were comfortable Very convenient to our day trips, love the Nav A Gator! We all enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phnzz
Dear Friends from The Villages,

We always enjoy your visits to the area, and thank you for staying with us! The staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and our Director of Sales is always happy to see your group!

I know we will see you again soon, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We really enjoy having you stay with us, and always do our best to meet any special requests! Our staff enjoys making your vacation perfect!