“Lobster Bisque a Must!”

Ranked #29 of 206 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
CLEARWATER
“Lobster Bisque a Must!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

While staying in Punta Gorda, FL, my husband and I were looking for a reasonably priced, seafood restaurant, with good food. After reading the reviews, we decided to try the place. The restaurant is in a small strip store shopping area. We walked in and were seated right away. In fact, the waitress said "sit wherever you would like". It's small and has tables and chairs. Nothing fancy, but the food sure made up for that! She took our drink orders immediately and gave us the long paper menu, (legal size paper), printed on both sides with a large variety of appetizers, sandwiches, "baskets" and platters. We each started with a cup of lobster bisque and it was absolutely the best I've had. The consistency was perfect with pieces of lobster meat throughout. My husband chose a sampler platter and I chose a small "basket". Although the fish/shrimp was fried, it was a very light batter, almost like tempura and delicious. The next time we are in that area, we will definitely eat there again, either for lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2014

Cornwall, Canada
“A GOOD SEAFOOD MEAL”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I am English and my parents had a fish and chips shop, so I think that I am qualified to know good seafood when I have it. Shark's Fish House ranks up there with the better places to eat seafood. My wife began with the clam chowder which she found very good. I had the lobster bisque. It was thick and creamy but a little too salty for my taste. We shared the Ultimate Fisherman's Platter. With a side of very good onion rings it was more than sufficient for the two of us. The service was good and restaurant itself is quite plain but we did not go there for the ambience.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Henry P
Rotonda West, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We had looked forward to dining at Sharks since seeing a positive review in the local paper. Sadly we were very disappointed in our visit. I ordered lobster bisque which had a robust flavor but no sign of any lobster meat. My husband had the shrimp and clam platter and while the shrimp were good but not great the clams were the ordinary small frozen type you can get at the grocery. The cole slaw was average as well. It appeared a thorough cleaning was in order. The woman who we assume was the owner was very nice.

Visited March 2014
Port Charlotte, Florida
“"If you love haddock"”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent haddock.....our fish of choice in Florida....and Shark's prepares it well!......atmosphere not all that great.....staff courteous and friendly .....by the way....the price is right!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank frank14318
La Crosse, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent fried fish (cheap)”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our friends are right, it's tasty and inexpensive, even the combination dinners are under $15, likely no threatened fish species on the menu. We liked the coconut shrimp, the crab cake was good sized and tasted more of crab than added seasoning. They also serve basa (you can't call it catfish), farm raised in SE Asia, but not oily or strong flavored. The room is bright and pleasant, as long as you don't sit facing the stuff piled around the kitchen door.

• Visited February 2014