“Huh ?? Wha ?? Can't hear you!”
Review of The Cove Bistro & Gifts - CLOSED

The Cove Bistro & Gifts
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian, American, German
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Casual dining with upscale ambiance. Great menu with German & Italian influence. Items include; schnitzel, sauerbraten, pizza, chicken picatta, salmon, grouper, steak and a wide variety of salads & sandwiches. Perfect for a lite meal or for the hearty appetite. Large selection of beers and wines! Outdoor dining also available with entertainment often. Take out available. Located along Gasparilla Road between South Gulf Cove & Rotonda.
Englewood, Florida
“Huh ?? Wha ?? Can't hear you!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Delicious, ausgezeichnet, German food - but intolerably LOUD music, though they played good Oldies, for us alte volk.
Does anyone enjoy eating dinner with music playing SO LOUD that the server can hardly hear what you're ordering ? - and so LOUD you cannot carry on a normal conversation. We asked courteously that the music be turned down THREE TIMES, WITH NO CHANGE...period. Could not finish eating and leave soon enough.
Bitte, drehen Sie die laute Musik, and we'll consider returning then, and only then. NOISY, LOUD ROCK music takes the enjoyment out of an appetizing, delicious meal. We do not care to join the Teen to 30's "Soon-To-Be-DEAF" generation, Klar genug für Sie, Fraulein ?

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Travlin47

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Just A Nice Place To Eat”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Nice quiet place out of season. As the restaurant is compact on the inside it makes for a nice romantic place to eat. There is outside dining if you wish. The Calamari was lovely and the main dishes were also just right. There is anything from Steak, Fish to Burgers there is something for everyone. I had the Lasagna and it was amazing, would defo advise giving this place a try.

• Visited May 2014
Worcester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Meal Again”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I always dine at The Cove Bistro when I'm visiting the area. This time I ordered one of the specials, stuffed shells. It was probably the best plate of stuffed shells I have ever had. My husband loved the Adirondack burger and fries. And the service was very good as well. Kudos to Nicole and staff.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Floridavisitor24
Englewood, Florida, United States
“Food was delicious...”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at the Cove around 4:30 on Saturday. A few other couples were there and atmosphere was enjoyable. I had the vegetarian sub with french fries and it was delicious! My husband enjoyed wings and a Caesar salad. our buy one get one of wine and beer was an unexpected plus....look forward to returning!.

Visited April 2014
Murdock
“The food was good here. . .”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The server was nice and attentive, and once we got our food it was good. I know any restaurant can make a mistake, but how they handle it can be important to overcoming the mistake. They really did not do a good job in this area. I ordered their special, but upon biting into it, it did not taste good, and I found out it was because they added an item that was not part of the order, Bleu Cheese, which I do not like at all. She left my fries and I kept trying to nibble on them to leave some to eat with the wrap, however, she twice came by the table and stated, it will be shortly. I ended up eating all the fries before she returned with the correct wrap. No discount, no complimentary desert, nothing to compensate for the fact that we ate separately because it took so long to fix the order that was not made correctly in the first place. The food prices were not lowest prices, but high average. We will most likely give them another try, especially considering the many other high ratings for this restaurant, hopefully it will be better second time 'round.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank yourswflnotary
Nicole1492, Owner at The Cove Bistro & Gifts, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Absolutely right, we should of picked up the tab. We'll review with the team in hopes that it doesn't happen again.