“Nice Hotel”

Days Inn Port Charlotte
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Port Charlotte
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great stay as always, return every year 1-3 times before and after we rent out our home in Englewood.I have stayed numerous times and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. The breakfast has special items we really enjoy, and the staff is friendly and helpful. My favorite addition in the past year maybe the new general store, it has added more! It has everything even meals to go and ice cream when its late and we are hungry! Thank you for being our place to stay every time we check on our property in Englewood. Its a quick drive and the hotel is close to everything.

1  Thank matula89
Tracy33, Director of Sales at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our general store has been popular with guests, especially our repeat guests! We try to add something new for each return, and the ice cream cooler was a great addition! Thank you for commenting on it! The store is large, and offers almost everything a guest may need at a reasonable price too.

Thanks again for taking the time to stop and provide your feedback. It is always appreciated.

Sunny regards,

Tracy Lehn

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Port Charlotte

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Hard to understand all the positive reviews for this place. Have these people never stayed anywhere nice? Where to begin? Carpeting dirty....old, worn furniture....tiny, tiny bathroom......door opens to the outside and it closed so poorly, the light from the door jam woke me up in the morning. Maybe that's the Port Charlotte Days Inn wake up call?

After awakening, I blew my nose in a piece of toilet paper and flushed it down the toilet. That action led to the toilet overflowing...yes, one piece of toilet paper. At check out, when asked by the woman at the front desk how my stay was, I told her that my toilet overflowed. Her reply, "Well, what did you eat last night?" Now as someone who is actually funny, I realized this was her attempt at humor. However, that is not the reply someone in my situation wants to hear.

As I walked away from the front desk, another guest approached this same woman. He said to her, "Can we get a refill on the milk, there is none left?" (referring to the milk at breakfast) Her response to the guest, "The milk is free, you can't get a refund on it!" The guests reply, "I said REFILL!" Her reply, "I thought you said REFUND...we can get you more milk....but work on how you say "REFILL!" The guests reply "I think I said it pretty well the first time!" God bless this man!

This lady, and I do not remember her name, needs to understand something....IF YOU'RE NOT FUNNY, DON'T TRY TO BE! It's painful and really annoying coming from someone who is supposed to be treating the public as if they are guests!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank TravelinLaurence

Dear Valued Guest,

It has been hard to respond to your review, as our knowledge of events are dramatically different. We have a breakfast hostess and front desk that refills milk, happily, always. The desk clerk on staff doesn't joke about guest concerns, and was very concerned about your comments. She did have maintenance and housekeeping as well as the owner look into everything prior to your review. She didn't have time to apologize, and there was management that overheard everything. You left before she could rush out to assist.

The numerous positive reviews collected are mostly from Days Inn surveys, they are legitimate guest responses. We are disappointed we couldn't please you, and apologize you felt this way. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, it was reviewed before and after your review. All reviews help us investigate as a staff how we can improve. We wish you safe travels.

Sunny regards

A Wyndham traveler
Port Charlotte
Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I'm the one who always looks for the positive but I didn't like my room at all. It felt a bit run down and the staff wasn't helpful with what I was wanting when I came to them with my un satisfaction. Had to go to another area hotel bc I was here on business and needed a place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Piedpiper82

We regret that you felt our newly remodeled hotel was run down. Since you didn't stay with us, its hard to know what room you saw, as after reviewing records we couldn't track your arrival. Its difficult to know what you were unhappy with as comments were general, however we continue to strive to improve the hotel for our many pleased customers. We wish you safe travels.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I thought that the two girls at the front desk were rude and not professional. I thought that the room was not clean and the door didn't close correctly I could see sunlight around ever line of the door. I thought it was a ghetto hotel and incredibly over priced and I would never stay there again neither would I recommend anyone to stay there.

2  Thank James P

We regret that you felt you had a bad experience. We wish you the best.

Sunny Regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Judy I
Tracy33, Director of Sales at Days Inn Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Charlotte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Days Inn Port Charlotte? Share your experiences!