“Life Saviour”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Orange
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had booked a room for 3 nites at the Days Inn, by the Daytona Race track area and one nite was too much. Would not even have my dog stay there. So the next day, I searched in Port Orange and ended up at La Quinta Inn & Suites. My long weekend was saved...Staff was excellent, particularly David, the room was large and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was pleasantly sufficient. There are many restaurants near by to choose from. After a long day at the beach, it was a wonderful treat to get to my room. I am going back in December 2013.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor. Found it very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Ok so we were excited after talked with the lady on the phone, she was very nice and after reading all the positive reviews. She said we could check in a little early because we had our little dogs with us and had day of family activities that we could not take them to. So we checked in around 1pm after missing the entrance and going 4 miles on the highway. We get to room 404 and yes its a pet friendly room so you can expect something to be evident that pets have stayed there. BUT just for the record i have used other hotels with pet friendly rooms and not had any evidence. Ok so i digress, THE ODOR was so strong but not a pet smell, it smelled like SEWER/MILDEW we thought ok well its probably because the air conditioner was off....so we turned on the ac and put dogs in the room with food and water and left. came back a couple hrs later to walk them and my husband said the smell was still there. we went out and came back around 10 and it was still really strong. we were only there for the night so we did not say anything and we probably would not have but we woke up to find roaches in the bathroom (german roaches those are the bad ones that infest.) We were so upset that we packed up and got out of the hotel as fast as possible. they offer breakfast and have hot tub and pool which we were planning on using in the morning. Not after the roaches. The beds are really really hard as well. When i went to the front desk I informed the desk clerk of the issues and showed him a picture of one of the roaches. He informed me that he would tell the manager and maybe they would call me. Now it's 5pm and have not heard anything from them, so i called and found out that they only have one GM and that she comes in on monday. He would say something to her and also send me to her voicemail. UUUUUGGGG. Oh and by the way they keep the coffee maker in the bathroom where your toilet is....Yum i want to drink coffee from a room where people flush the toilet with the lid open and spread the germs all over. Even my husband was grossed out, and that takes a lot. The only reason i even gave them a 1 rating was because of the friendliness of the woman on the phone, the hallways were kept up! I would have not put this bad of a review on if someone had called me today.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel was in a convenient location and the staff was friendly, but when I came into the lobby in late August in Florida I knew something must be up with the air conditioning. I got to my room and it was very humid and smelled moldy. My bedspread was dirty and I found a dead roach in the bathroom. I don't think I will be back during the summer.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Great pet friendly hotel right off of I-95 (you don't hear any noise from I-95 in room). The room smelled moldy when we walked in but once we turned the air on it went away. Bathroom was fairly clean - some mildew on back splash of counter and sink drain but overall nicely appointed and clean. For the price you can't beat it and you can bring Fido. There is a Panera and a Super Target right next door.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Davenport, Florida, USA
Reviewed 13 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have many trips planned for Florida in the near future and will stay at this hotel each time. The cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff (especially David) was just great. You can't stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Port Orange-Daytona, FL
Best Western Edgewater Inn
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#9 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#6 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach
9 mi away
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 14 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Orange / Daytona? Share your experiences!