Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very clean and new hotel. All of the staff members were exceptional - from the front desk to breakfast. Located around several nice restaurants and coffee houses - Panera, Starbucks, etc. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DRFLA
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your nice remarks regarding the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona.
It is a pleasure reading our guests reviews.

I don't want you to forget Moe's Southwest Grill, Pollo Tropical (coming soon) & a soon to be announced Pizza Experience that will all be located in our immediate area as well. We are in the middle of everything and are located only 5 miles off of Daytona beach!

My staff takes great pride in what they do. I guess this is why we were selected as Hotel of the Year - 2013 for the Country Inn & Suites Brand as well as holding the distinction of being #1 in Guest Satisfaction for all of Carlson-Rezidor hotels for 2013 & 2012.

We look forward to taking care of you again in the future as well as all of your friends, family & followers!

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Everything about this hotel is exceptional. From the friendly greeting of the front desk employees (Kevin - you made my day), to the outstanding cleanliness & comfort of my room! This hotel is the ONLY place to stay in the entire Daytona Beach area! EVERY employee I met seems to really enjoy their job & it shows in their friendliness towards their customers. Being a somewhat new hotel, everything is bright & shiny. It just seems that all involved with this hotel gives an extra effort to make your stay fantastic. You won't find a more comfortable room even in the higher priced hotels. Great value, great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank durangoliz
Tom C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review on the multiple Award Winning Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona! It is fantastic to see that my staff has won you over. I know that they are the reason why we have been #1 for Guest Satisfaction for all of Carlson-Rezidor Hotels!

We are only a short 5 mile drive to the World's Most Famous Beach - Daytona Beach - so you are right that we are the absolute best place to stay in town.

Thank you very much again for saying such nice things and we look forward to serving you, your family and your friends in the future!

Tom Clapsaddle/General Manager
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were here on April 30, 2014. We were here also last year about this time. The place is
still great. Kevin (day desk manager) is alway great and very helpful. Also, Nick, the night
clerk was very helpful to us. It seems like we always require some extra service and these
folks always step up. The rooms are clean and the beds are great.

B&B Dutton

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I will be sure to let Kevin and Nick know of your very kind words about them. They will be thrilled.

I wanted to let you know that because of guests such as yourself we were selected as Country Inn & Suites "Hotel of the Year" for 2013. Thank you for helping us win this award!

We look forward to serving you, your family & friends in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We spent a long day driving and did not arrive until late, maybe 10:30pm. Even though it was late, the receptionist was still very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. We were amazed at how nice and clean this hotel was. And an extremely reasonable price too. Our room was spacious and clean, smelled nice and fresh, but not perfumed. I can't stand rooms that overpower me with fragrance. In the morning, their breakfast was very complete with a good variety of eggs, breads, cereals, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, and good coffee. This is the first time we have stayed at a Country Inn & Suites and I will certainly keep them on the top of our list.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel, the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I so glad that my staff was able to deliver above your expectations!

We pride ourselves in being #1 in Guest Satisfaction for the entire Carlson-Rezidor Hotels for both 2013 & 2012.

We look forward to serving you & your friends and family in the future!

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Relatively new Country Inns hotel. I stayed here when they first opened in 2011 and they've kept it very well. Pleasant staff, Comfortable room with a spotlessly clean and fresh bathroom, Will stay here again when I need to be in this area.

Room Tip: Very close to I-95, Ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Well thank you again for staying with us on this trip through Port Orange, Florida. I am glad to see that someone other than myself thinks that the upkeep that my staff does is fantastic.

I agree with your recommendation of requesting the backside of the building as the pool view is fantastic!

We look forward to serving you and everyone of your friends!

Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife Carolyn and I, frequent the Port Orange area from Massachusetts. We always stay at Country Inn & Suites in Port Orange whenever we are in the area. Usually our stays are for around two weeks straight. Tom and Kevin treat us like we are part of the family. If you're not staying here, you're really missing out on what the word "accommodation's" really mean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Our guests here at the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona are Family! My staff prides itself in taking care of each and every person that walks through our front doors. This is why we were "Hotel of the Year - 2013" for Country Inn & Suites Brand & why we are #1 in Guest Satisfaction for 2013 and 2012 for all of Carlson-Rezidor Hotels!

We look forward to your return in the future and everyone that you send our way.

Dayton, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

On return from my cruise vacation I was driving up the Florida coastline. As evening approached I started looking for a room and found most of them filled due to spring break. During this search my GPS suggested this motel. I called and found a vacancy at a very reasonable price so I thought it may be a run down motel but I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. It was a little difficult to get to but worth the trouble. If in the area I would suggest giving it a try

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I love that your GPS referred you here to the Country Inn & Suites Port Orange/Daytona. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us.

We were selected as the "Hotel of the Year - 2013" for the Country Inn & Suites Brand. When the area around us is developed a little more we will be much easier to get to. Signage is a premium in Port Orange.

We look forward to seeing you again both before and after your next cruise adventure!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orange
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,312 reviews
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
#1 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Orange-Daytona? Share your experiences!